The numpad ruined my life

I have been using a computer for 20 or so years and my shoulder is completely fucked. You know why? The reason is because all these stupid fucking PC keyboards have a numpad that not only do I never use, it makes the keyboard too wide so I have to turn my arm out to hold the mouse.

Years of doing this has fucked up my shoulder. What kind of absolute fucking retards decided every PC keyboard should be so full of worthless keys? Apple are the only one to get this right. If I want a proper keyboard without the numpad, I have to go to some obscure place and get some kind of obscure kids mechanical gaming keyboard bullshit.

I am writing this to formally sue the PC industry for 50 million dollars for loss of use of my arm.

Attached: 81Qx+9N80aL._SX466_.jpg (466x336, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.forrestthewoods.com/why-your-keyboard-is-bad-for-your-body-40376fcec8c5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's your own fault

Imagine being so much of a retarded s󠀀oyboy that you hurt yourself from having to bend your arm 5 degrees to the right

for 8 hours a day for 20 years you low IQ kid

These are the kind of low IQ people that probably designed these stupid keyboards.

serves you right from trusting the technology jew

Attached: 1540225507961.png (550x428, 593K)

I was just a child. What is a child to do? Given my first keyboard. I thought it was just how it was supposed to be. This world has wronged me from before I could fight back. Now it must pay me.

50 million dollars.

I only buy 14" laptops with no numpad. Also without a numpad, the keyboard and trackpad are comfy and centered.

Attached: american girl.jpg (406x732, 50K)

What the hell are you on about OP? I keyboard all day and it's the narrow width of a keyboard that fucks everything up. There's always one arm floating around and was pissing me off.

Fix your shit, get a split keyboard. It's a fucking godsend

I believe Ted is correct. I wish I was never born into this modern world. I wish my parents gave birth to me and moved to a farm where I could be taught how to milk cows and hunt buffalo instead of sending me to that hell known as school where I had to sit in a contraption all day and then type on this piece of shit thing in front of me like a slave.

Well my hand rests around the direction keys, so yeah I also have to move my hand inwards to type, but that is a more natural movement. Internal shoulder rotation from a neutral position is natural, external rotation from neutral isn't. We are designed to hold things and so on a lot more often than we rotate our arm outwards.

>Apple are the only one to get this right
Stop reading here.
I'm also using computer for more than 20 years, with full size keyboard too.

why didn't you just buy a keyboard without a numpad?
why didn't you just turn your keyboard on an angle so your arm isn't floating that extra 5 degrees?
why don't you just get a trackball?

Have you ever heard of a pushup?

and you either don't have an athletic body so don't know that your arm can't move the way it is supposed to, or you don't use your computer as much, or you are very wide.

because you are a kid and such keyboards have been very rare historically, and I was a kid, and didn't have enough understanding to know I needed one.
I am bigger and stronger than you.

You can do it yourself but you won't because you're a fucking poser

been using pc for 60hours/week for 19 years. Also been doing 4 hours of swim, 2 of running and 2 of pushups/pullups/stretching each week. Zero (literal for 0) issues caused by a fucking keyboard.

A proper chair (not the gayming bullshit) and desk are also needed to suceed.

You lack common sense and probably some iq points. You can get a brain + arm disability check. Around 600$ per month. In 6944 years and 5 month you will collect the 50M$.

Attached: IMG_20180215_163156.jpg (2592x1944, 1.08M)

>being defeated by a numpad

Attached: 1429239957592.gif (236x240, 335K)

Do what myself? You can't just go live on a farm or become a hunter gatherer you stupid kid. There are no more spare islands to live like the northern sentinese.

>or you are very wide
>his keyboard is broader than his shoulder
What? Are you a manlet?

lol you call pushups and pullups physical activity? None of those things you listed cause my shoulder problems. It is specifically rowing type movements. You wouldn't know because that is all you do, some half-assed bullshit exercise.

I am bigger than you. Stupid kids....

>I am bigger than you
That's rich coming from someone who complaining about his keyboard is too wide.

It's your own fault

says the retard posting on a chink cartoon board for people with gender identity issues while nobody else has had his retarded s󠀀oyboy problems

You should've trained your shoulders more

>I am bigger and stronger than you.
I promise that you are not.

This post is proof of that.

I use the computer for 12~16hrs a day since 1992, my shoulder is fine, I don't even have wrist pains.

Here is a picture for you retards.

Attached: keyboard-shoulder-strain_grande.jpg (600x600, 18K)

You don't have problems because you are dumb kids, spend 99% of your time playing fortnite with the w and q keys, and are basedboys that don't work out.

>his keyboard is wider than his shoulder
Truly a manlet here.

gamer problems

this nigger is fucking 4 foot tall

Attached: 1450664380411.jpg (400x396, 22K)

But still, there are places with low population density in the US like Montana, Idaho, some parts of texas to name but a few

How fucking far back do you sit??

Attached: Untitled.png (998x776, 21K)

Working out doesn't make you have shoulder pain from using a fucking mouse you braindead larper.

Get a Pok3r

No the arm moves inwards as your shoulder is internally rotated with palms facing the keyboard. You wouldn't know any of this because you are a retard that doesn't look after his body.

Get a K120

wtf is your elbow doing horizontal to the ground you absolute retard.

Why did you go to the doctor when it started hurting? Did you just ignored the pain for 20 years?

working out exposes any dysfunction in how your body moves because it has to work properly while you are rowing 50kg dumbbells otherwise you are fucked. You wouldn't know though because you do pushups and other things in your parents basement.

>not having a slide out tray for your keyboard and then putting your mouse on top

Attached: 9e39b16b8cce0d25be6bae135942372a.jpg (1500x1120, 206K)

you should've work out you fat useless piece of shit

Have one and it's not that good

No, you're the retard. If you're that small then use the kid size peripherals. Problem solve.

By the time I got pain, it was too late unfortunately. But, actually to be honest, once I buy a keyboard without the numpad, it may clear up. I have calcium deposits forming on the supraspinatus tendon, but they may go away once I change my work environment. Still, took a long time to figure it out because I wasn't sure what the cause of the pain was.

>shoulderlet
Joking. I agree with you and have switched to 10 keyless keyboards and laptops without numpads.

Take a picture of your left arm resting on your keyboard as per usual and your right arm using the mouse, assuming you ahve a full size keyboard or shut the fuck up and stop pretending you are in a neutral position.

Most of the time, resting on my arm rest that my chair has.

here let me update it

Attached: Untitled.png (998x776, 19K)

>left arm resting on your keyboard as per usual and your right arm using the mouse,
i use my hands retard

Right, and how the fuck does that translate to having pain while using a 50 gram mouse?

Elbows need to be at your sides not away from sides. You will need to fix this at some point.

err yeah hand sorry, not arm.

It isn't the weight of the mouse. Your shoulder is constantly externally rotated when the mouse is too far to the right. This causes issues with how the shoulder works in your daily life because certain muscles stay in a lengthened or shortened state, some are too fatigued, etc, and will cause pain when you start using it to its full extent at the gym or whatever.

Okay.

Attached: full size keyboard.jpg (1920x860, 229K)

but who was holding the camera?

Attached: 1523762877651.png (544x638, 619K)

>not using the arm rests
>forcing your shoulder and elbow to support the weight of your arm

How are you THIS bad at sitting?

I hope you get better user. I had issues with my shoulder and neck due to using a laptop for several years. To be fair, my scoliosis and bad sleeping posture contributed a lot to the problem. I had to undergo physical therapy but it's better now. Gotta fix your work environment.

My mom, literally. You should thanks her for that.

Should have mixed it up occasionally, and moved the keyboard a numpad's width to the left.

needs to include your torso and shoulder and you shouldn't be trying to flare your arm out to make it look good for the picture.

Yeah. The thing is, tenkeyless keyboards aren't exactly easy to find outside of the apple thin keyboard things. If I go to the local stores, nobody sells them. So I have to buy from some obscure online site and they are at least twice as much as normal keyboards.

> I have to go to some obscure place and get some kind of obscure kids mechanical gaming keyboard bullshit.
Keyswitch mechaniks are not a kids thing. Older pcs used mechanical keyboards, then companys switched to membrane keyboard because Rthey are cheaper.
Ever since they switched tO membrane i hated typing on keyboards.

>i am a adult so I buy cheap and ugly stuff from the store
>if it werks it werks, who needs to know how it werks

blog.forrestthewoods.com/why-your-keyboard-is-bad-for-your-body-40376fcec8c5
>Every single game developer has a screwed up shoulder. Always the right shoulder. Go get a massage and the masseuse will know you’re a computer person right away.

*sips*

I use this keyboard from the 90s at the moment. I don't think it is mechanical, but it feels fine. Same as the higher end dell keyboards. The only problem I have is the numpad. I am a programmer so type fast and all day.

Attached: Internet Pro - Straight shot JPEG.jpg (695x410, 53K)

I own 3 keyboards
1 full with keypad,
1 keyboard without keypad + 1 keypad only keyboard

Depending on my usecase, I switch the keyboards. If i have to do a lot of exel, i get the full size one.when i dont need to fill a chart eith numbers i take the other one and use the seperate keypad whenever i have to type in numbers.
Yes it can get anoying, but it is comfortable

These idiots somehow manage to sit at a keyboard and not move their entire body except their arms?

Put your keyboard to the left. when you're typing turn your fucking body towards the keyboard. When you're using a mouse, center your body. This is why office chairs swivel.

Christ I'm going to update the diagram again.

Attached: Untitled.png (1054x766, 26K)

This is strange. When I have my left hand on home row and my right hand on the mouse, my arms are pretty much straight. If I have both hands on home row my arms have to angle inwards.

Do I just have broad shoulders/chest?

see

Can't put her to stupid talking anymore so I take another pic for you.
This is my forearm length, that should give you the roughly size of my torso and the natural stance.

Attached: forearm.jpg (1920x989, 247K)

He doesn't use a TKL keyboard

Attached: IMG-20181124-WA0015.jpg (450x299, 27K)

Is this the guy saying a 2 minute pushup drill is half assed exercise? Looks like he benches a quarter pound(er)

>Use PC since 2003
>Had the mouse situated to the left since day 1
Can't imagine it the other way tbqh
But my god this thread... A massive b8.

Nope, I'm just a random user who use computer more than 20 years without any shoulder problem.

I use the same, its not mechanical.
The keys are ok, and this keybaord has lasted me for years. I STILL use it.
Its not perfect, but its made like a fucking tank.
Among some little things, it has ghosting, so its hard to play my beloved emus without having problems.
If this had some antighosting it would be a much much better keyboard.

Seconded. I'm old enough to have a bad back from working and arthritis, but no shoulder/wrist/elbow problems from computer use.

Keep your back straight, keep your wrist and elbow straight, shoulders straight = no problems

You are weak human being.
There's no place for weak men to use computers.

aight cool. ignore me then, i'm only out to hurt the feelings of cocky assholes.

Have a mercy on OP, he is a manlet after all.

>using mouse at all
fucking gaymers
>inb4 I am a manchild who does drawings on computer!

>being too stupid to use the mouse with your left hand

Fix the oversized keyboard.

Attached: fixed.png (549x441, 62K)

what a clear example of a functional illiterate, my god. You shouldn't be allowed near a computer without professional assistance. I was hinting at those activity to keep your body and shoulders in shape so you dont get damaged by using a fucking keyboard, you brainlet. Especially since I swim (8 years already) all my posture/shoulders related problems are long gone.

Are there compact PS/2 keyboards? Or should I just buy a USB one and connect it to a PS/2 adapter?

you also didn't use picrelated

Attached: m618.jpg (600x600, 23K)

I've never thought about it before, but it might be why I've never understood the benefits of having a "thinner" keyboard because my shoulders are wide as fuck.

Attached: am i autistic.png (1126x483, 14K)

That's about the arm/keyboard proportions of my wife. She's 5'1" and petite.

Your wife must got a very long arms then because I'm about 5.9".

>Not using your mind to send mouse and keyboard inputs to your computer

so just a recap, in this thread;
>a 5'9 manlet irreversibly damaged his shoulder by resting his arm idly on a table for a few hours a day
>posted about it on Jow Forums expecting anons to band together against tyrannical numpads
>asked his mom to take several photos of his tiny arms for strangers on the internet to gawk at
>ultimately was made fun of by everybody in the thread and achieved nothing
now that's what this is all about

Attached: IMG_20181126_021212.jpg (266x272, 50K)

You should read the thread again then.

nigga if you have to hold the mouse that long why not slide the keyboard over to the left like 3 inches

Attached: sentos.jpg (1920x1080, 746K)

OP here, will only consider it if i can control it with my butthole.

are you of jewish descent by any chance? please post pic of nose

>being this retard
5.9" user and the OP are not the same person and he didn't even have the problem with his full-size keyboard you idiot.

yes, that's where you plug the usb