Supporting real-time ray tracing instead of real-time path tracing

>Supporting real-time ray tracing instead of real-time path tracing

What the hell is the reason when path tracing is going to be more feasible far more quickly?

Attached: 113242432.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pbr-book.org/3ed-2018/contents.html
behance.net/gallery/62388331/Gapahuk-interior
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You clearly don't know what either of those things are. Read up before you make another stupid post.

Already done enough reading on this shit so you might as well spill the beans and blow me the fuck out on whatever I'm missing here before I continue to propagate more bullshit from a lack of finding proper sources.

ray tracing is a method of sampling visibility
path tracing uses ray tracing to randomly sample scene illuminance
you can accelerate path tracing perfectly well with rtx but it's too expensive for real time right now

>path tracing is going to be more feasible far more quickly
>I don't know what I'm talking about: The Movie

whats the difference?

i thought ray tracing was having the light source shootout rays, while path tracing was having the camera shoot out rays?

Nice thread.

Attached: collegedropout.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

Niggers don't know about AI trail tracing.

they're the same fucking thing

>i thought ray tracing was having the light source shootout rays
That's retarded and would be exactly the same quality as having the camera "shoot out" rays while being orders of magnitude more computationally expensive for no reason

you have no clue what you're talking about

stop tripfagging for no reason retard

>stop tripfagging for no reason retard
Stop telling me not to tripfag for no reason retard.

Am I the only one more excited for hardware ray tracing to make better physics engines instead of better graphics?

Here's a free book for you. Come back when you're done reading it.
pbr-book.org/3ed-2018/contents.html

Attached: 1518610883324.png (1920x1080, 3.19M)

>Get in an argument online.
>Tell someone to read a book.

Attached: fedorafag.jpg (400x533, 41K)

Never reply to a tripfag.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-25-22-55-48-742_org.floens.chan.png (1080x1920, 323K)

I didn't reply to him, though. I ignored him long ago.

Why are you so obsessed with me Miguel?

Attached: br.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

>Can't tell the difference between languages.
>Trying to make fun of somebody else.

How do you confuse Swedish with Portuguese?

I didn't confuse them, I just don't care enough to differentiate shitty spanish based languages.

That's a comfy house. Where is it?

Raytracing is a borderline generic term. But generally for optical raytracing it refers to shooting a ray from the camera and sampling the color of the object that intersects with the ray. You generate more rays from the point of intersection but generally these secondary rays are deliberate, you're trying to find reflection or shadows or something else. That's why BFV's raytracing is only for reflections or something right now.

Path tracing works similarly but the secondary ray generation is random. You just randomly sample as much as possible in every direction, and then calculate if any of those samples can be traced back to the camera (i.e. if they're relevant samples), if so it's integrated, if not it's discarded. Since this is just random brute forcing you don't have that deliberation with raytracing, so you need to sample as much as possible. The result is that you get a more accurate final sample of all light in the scene.

It's a render
behance.net/gallery/62388331/Gapahuk-interior

By sampling I mean the number of times you send initiate the ray trace per pixel, with path tracing it's important to sample as much as possible since secondary rays are generated for a random direction from the point of intersection. Depth is how much times you want to let it bounce. So if you want to sample 5,000,000 times with 10 bounces it's obviously getting expensive.

Actually AI tracing is a superset of path tracing, you use predictive similar scenes to accurately predict where the reflections should be and drastically reduce the need for any raytracing at all.

It's really quite innovative.

>>spanish based languages.
>Portuguese
>Swedish
kek, ignorant faggot

I don't mind being ignorant of a bunch of shitty half spanish languages. English works the same no matter where you go.

That sounds good and all but it sounds like an optimization, or maybe enhancement for normal raytracing, not a replacement for path tracing. Path tracing is effectively "try to get all the data from an infinite set, but stop after a while". You could say the nature of the problem being solved is different. One is going out to shop for a specific item or type of item, the other is browsing the store and buying whatever floats your boat. AI to predict where a reflection will be is just finding out on the map where the TVs are

Of course its an optimization, it completely negates the need for any path tracing whatsoever. You can render scenes at exponentially higher resolutions with a fraction of the computational power.

ray and path are rendered the same way, one just has longer beam of light.

>spanish based languages.
>swedish

Attached: 1488087593342.png (376x309, 165K)