Take open source project

>take open source project
>add ads
>put it on Play Store as your own

Cunt of the year.

Attached: _20181126_083356.jpg (1432x2116, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ublock.org/
gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck open source. Why would I - get this - WILLINGLY give YOU (yes, you) the right to mess with MY code? LMAO, I'm not a fucking idiot.

First off, my code is better than 99.9% garbage produced by meme programmers. Why would I let your shit style and shit logic taint my otherwise angelic code?

Secondly, how the FUCK do you expect me to make money if I open source shit? Even if I offer it for cheap, some asshole will just take it and offer it for free instead. Do you want me to live on donations or what? You sick fucks.

And lastly, a program is a product. When you buy a boat, do you fucking alter the way it works? When you purchase a toaster, do you change the way it fucking operates? Do you even care? Why are you autistic about source being closed? Are you so fucking paranoid? You think my code is spying on you? LMAO, as if it's fucking hard to disprove that. Disassembly exists. Packet sniffers exist. Antivirus software exists. And it's not like open source software can't contain viruses, and how would you know anyway, you NEVER check the fucking source code anyway.

tl;dr Open source fags can suck my balls, you're all a bunch of hypocrites. And your beards probably contain pieces of pasta you ate yesterday so what the fuck does your opinion matter.

Attached: ....jpg (100x92, 2K)

kek
thescrabi btfo eternally

wont google just take it down?

I'm hoping this is a pasta I haven't seen yet and a brilliant parody.

why would they?
its open source code available to everyone!
open source rocks!

people do this on steam with software too

it violates there play store policies. It will be down soon probably.

nah faggot lmao
cry more

I've toyed with the idea of taking an open source project and starting a kickstarter to "finish" it.

"It will be free... for the children!"

your being sarcastic about it but you dont understand everything. play store tos

You are the one who is crying.

It sllows you to download Youtube videos. That itself is against Google's ToS. Report it and note said breach.

Downloading the videos is a breach of the Youtube ToS. That doesn't say software that can potentially download Youtube videos is a breach of the play store's ToS.

Imagine being such a huge faggot that you complain about an app for downloading shitty rap videos.

I literally can't.

Its easier to pretend I'm some retard that went grocery shopping on his own against his caretakers orders and then screamed in a public resteroom for help because I couldn't figure out how to take my overalls off.

I pounded on the walls and shouted somebody help meeee I can do what I wannttttt for like 10 minutes before the store manager called the cops and they unhooked my overalls.

Then I bought some milk.

Imagine being such a huge cunt you use a tripcode.

Come on you didn't find that even a little funny?

I mean OP obviously wouldn't but I would like to think other people enjoyed it.

your posts have gotten progressively worse over the years. i'm this close to filtering your trip entirely.

>Imagine being such a huge faggot that you complain about an app for downloading shitty rap videos.
Now try to carefully re-read OP and understand what he's really complaining about.

There are people screenshotting any mildly funny posts you make on Jow Forums, reading them off on youtube, and making money off them. There are channels dedicated to this.

Attached: 1533900927179.jpg (535x243, 33K)

kek
opencucks btfo

A regular person that wasn't trying to download rap videos from youtube would never come across the app that OP is complaining about.

The idea that someone in that situation would also whore stallman's free software ideals, let alone understand them, is comedy.

A response that doesn't make light of the situation would be insulting to OP.

>That doesn't say software that can potentially download Youtube videos is a breach of the play store's ToS.
It is, though. Any extension that supports d/l from YT is removed from the store, that's why the video downloaders that remain don't support YT in their Chrome versions, even when the FF version of the same extension does.

Who cares only 12 year olds googling how to download rap videos even download this shit in the first place, its probably fucking malware.

Pretended I was a 12 year old that wanted to download youtube videos and now it all makes sense.

Honestly how would you get from there to something sane like youtube-dl?

I mean on Jow Forums it wouldn't make sense but for some faggot millenial this is reality.

Attached: hoooolyfuck.png (718x533, 188K)

Imagine being this BTFO because you didn't read the OP.

Attached: 1459958176164.png (389x365, 198K)

Must have used opencuck license. If it was CHAD GPL it wouldn't have happened, since they would have to give out the source code together with the binary.

>Cunt of the year.
this is nothing new. lowlifes (mostly chinks and poos, but also brown people from the west) have been doing this since the late 90s.
who's to blame are the open source retards who did the work for free

it's an old pasta nothing here is original.

You are too stupid to understand that ignoring OP's implied complaint to attack his underlying problems is the patrician reply.

OP here.

You clearly didn't read the OP, you dumb cunt.

Attached: Screenshot_20181126-092834.png (1440x2880, 274K)

I obviously did read it.
I'm honestly not sure what you are implying other than to imply that I somehow missed the extremely fucking obvious point that was obviously fucking wrong that OP was making.

Reporting this guy. Newpipe is great and I hate scumbag kikes take credit for someone else work.

NewPipe (original app) is GPLv3.

Attached: You are this mad 2.png (1031x248, 55K)

>youtube downloader on play store
just report it :^)

I honestly am mad.
The entire point of free software is to allow people to do things that OP is complaining about.

The fact that he/she actually wants to use an app like this is pretty fucking telling that they are a moron.

ublock.org/

Attached: 1537653715789.jpg (1920x1280, 232K)

nice try but this doesn't help you save videos for offline viewing

i genuinely can't tell if he's trying to 'troll', if he's drunk, if he's genuinely this fucking retarded or if someone cracked his tripcode.
what a bizarre thread.

This thread is the sociological equivalent of stepping in gum on hot asphalt that you spat out the day before and thinking people will be interested in it.

Fpbp
Cuck source btfo

Who would have guessed?

Attached: IMG_20181126_094911.jpg (472x194, 9K)

let us know when you're done making nonsensical shitposts.

Attached: here's your (You).jpg (125x117, 2K)

This is why I use Free Software instead.

At least I'm not trying to shoehorn philosophies into mundane bullshit to pretend I have principals.

fucking troglodyte.

Listen, I get the point OP is trying to make.

Its a stupid point, OP is stupid. Nobody cares about this fucking app so complaining about it makes even less sense. Unless your fucking point is to prove how much of an idiot you are for using it.

This isn't a difficult concept.

are you atheist or religious

Report it. If you use a proper license then his failure to make the source available will allow you to have the app removed from the Play Store and be a black mark against the developer.

what's the counter argument to this?

>(You)

Attached: raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg (360x360, 16K)

>you will never be a retarded nigger tripfag that makes nonsensical posts and call others idiots for calling you out on your retardation
amazing that I hadn't filtered you after so many years

NewPipe wasn't allowed on the app store in the first place retard. Why would google allow an app with the exact same features?

>what's the counter argument to this?
What is there to counter?
I pay for the software I like, such as OS(dragonflyBSD), Apps(Simple Gallery and what not) and media.
If you put a donation button in your product, I will use it.

In the end it depends on what you want.
If you simply want the most moneys you can have, then closed-source is better, but even that is going to be cracked and shared for free.

By making an open-source program you provide future programmers with know-how and generally make world a little better.

>The entire point of free software is to allow people to do things that OP is complaining about.
No it's not lol

>using a tripcode
>opinion instantly discarded

Good lord every one of his apps is an fdroid open source app with ads put in
I installed the habits thing and noticed that even the package name is the same as the open source one, fucker didn't even bother to change that. The "help and FAQ" option in the app opens a browser window to the actual open source project FAQ page, the guy has removed any mention of the app being open source.
Interestingly, if I tap on the "Rate this app on Google Play" it takes me another app's Google Play Store page, from another developer.

Tl;dr this is 100% pajeet tier work that should not be entertained

Attached: Screenshot_Google_Play_Store_20181126-153404.png (1080x1920, 299K)

Smart dude. Wonder how much he made from all that

You don't call people like that smart mate, you call them unethical

sure thing freetard

>defending unethical behaviour
You're not white, are you user?

no such thing as ethics when it comes to communist software

Most of the internet runs on this "communist" software you talk about.
Humans without ethics and society are animals. Discouraging unethical behaviour is the basis of society.
You'd realize this if you weren't 14 years old and during the peak of your "I am darkness" phase
Grow up some more kiddo

Open Source Virgin vs Libre Chad

That looks like NewPipe. If the dev isn't releasing the source code (especially since it has ads), then he is committing a GPL violation and thus needs to be taken down.
Calm down Rakesh, I'm sure your "OFFICAL INDIAN BROWSER 2018" on the Google app store is full of world class code

>If the dev isn't releasing the source code (especially since it has ads), then he is committing a GPL violation
Yup, I just checked
The fucker ain't sharing the source code
The "About" tab is gone

Attached: Screenshot_VDownloader_20181126-160601.png (1080x1920, 123K)

You do know 80% of 2018 Jow Forums is just Redditors on here posting bait just to get screenshot for karma points right? Jow Forums, Jow Forums, /b/, and more is just Reddit pretend threads to get shared.

It's going to get pulled anyway because google doesn't want a background youtube player without their youtube premium shit.

>tfw need to login to Google to complete the reporting form
looks like the botnet doesn't want me to help them

>youtube now forces login for better tracking
What a joke

write to f-droid, let them contact google

there are people on this board right now who use google play store

It is, "you should be paid for working on the code, not for selling unlimited amount of it".

Attached: 1541187395829.jpg (640x640, 123K)

Because no one would dare commit copyright infringement.

I do agree with all the points, but yes, if you buy a boat, car, or whatever, you modify it. And yes, software being open source is useful - you can compile it later on, fix errors, extend. Without any meme argument, sometimes a small code addition / change can result in huge improvement.

Ie.: Open source is good for the consumer, just not for the developer. Then again, most people dev open-source, so others see it, thus force them to write quality code. And then this is how they get hired at top firms, because they learnt how to produce good code - not just your garbage level "angelic code".

Welcome newfriendo.

> ublock
it is NOT uBlock Origin. Chris Aljoudi, the terrorist, took over uBlock project, and started taking all the donations. Ever since he does that. He just imports all the uBlock Origin code from the repo, and takes the money for that.

>unethical
lol can't hear u behind my fat stacks of cash money :^)

>When you buy a boat, do you fucking alter the way it works?
Yes?

>He's too scared to open his toaster or modify his boat
>He wants his tractors to tell him to fuck off and get a certified(tm) technician to charge him $300 to change the oil
A man chooses (to do what they want with THEIR property)
A slave obeys (and gets cucked by corporate)

Attached: 08414880.png (408x371, 196K)

>DESIGNATED SHITTING STORE
>STOCKED WITH CODE FROM BANGALORE
>MAXING OUT YOUR ANDROID NAND
>WITH SOFTWARE TYPED WITH POOEY HANDS

Attached: shinigummo.jpg (655x705, 167K)

He's a fuckhead and his practices are unethical but I'd still call him smart.

Someone find out if he deleted the about Activity or if he left it in and just deleted the about button.

Somehow you can just tell they are Chinese

Open sores cucks absolutely destroyed

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-27-01-55-18.jpg (720x1280, 181K)

Seems like easy fucking money. Every time something like this comes up, I'm just mad at myself for not coming up with something so simple. I hate being a poorfag but I will never be a wagie.

poo
o
o

>When you buy a boat, do you fucking alter the way it works?
yes, I know how all of my home is built, my vehicles are built, and my boats are built.. as well as all appliances (fridge, washer, dryer, boiler, heater, stove, kitchen sink) all of that is documented and open. Software is the only thing humans "close down"

This is just the standard state of mobile software in general and the main reason I wholeheartedly reject the efforts made by microsoft with W10 to bring mobile paradigms and the casual kikedevs that love them to PC

Can you actually do this? What about the license that comes with open source software? or it doesn't matter at all from the get go?

why don't people report this developer?

Attached: 1543192503473s.jpg (241x209, 6K)

Fucking lost

I'd wager unless you live in a third world shithole, you can't just go modifying the sewer connections to your home (although many places in US from what I understand still use septic tanks, which of course are yours to do with as you please, or common effluent - for which there will be rules of use)

Under the GPL, provided you give access to the source code (original source + your modifications), then yes.
gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html

lmfao
the state of open sores

just wait someone to do the hard work for you and then put it in the app store with ads

Attached: index.jpg (90x90, 3K)

Or you know, you could do the hard work and put on the app store yourself, whilst still releasing the source code.

you can with a permit, and you're well aware how they are made and what they do. If you're connected to the city you have a choice to put in a septic
look at all of those choices and information that is readily available? propriety garbage has none of it

Or you know, work on your projects and then wait for some schmuck to put the source on GitHub and profit from it.

This is why Microsoft, apple and the like, love closed source so much

makes sense

>wait for some schmuck to put the source on GitHub and profit from it.
?

>apple
Uses mostly open source software, most of macOS is open source, only really the display server and window manager aren't.
>Microsoft
Is releasing more and more of their software as FOSS, they also own GitHub...

>?
read the thread idiot