Does Jow Forums play on linux? What do you usually play? What would you like to be able to play on Linux?

Does Jow Forums play on linux? What do you usually play? What would you like to be able to play on Linux?

I play Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Left 4 Dead and GTA V on Steam. My only issue is with GTA V graphics, shadows are fucked up.

Would like to play Planet Side 2 on linux, miss those massive fights.

Attached: gtav.png (1600x900, 1.75M)

Few years back used to play Diablo 3, Hearthstone, Path of Exile and few old games with Wine.
Now mostly native Linux gayms from GoG. Zachtronics are catchy.

Oh and Prismata with Flash web client. Last thing keeping the Flash on my machine.

I mostly play lighter games such as Touhou and DF so I don't have problems, slight input delay as a result of wine is not great but maybe I've just learned to live wtih it.

Yeah, I play nethack

Attached: 20181027_145936.jpg (4032x2268, 2.56M)

Bump

Attached: gtav2.png (1600x900, 2.21M)

I am trying out POP_OS(yet another Ubuntu derivative/fork/idk anymore) on my Rysen/Nvidia build and it works fine (Gnome nonsense aside). I play mostly CS:GO and Chivalry. Only Wine games I play are the Stalker series; they play fine if all of the settings are maximized otherwise the game crashes. The only game I am looking forward to is Cyberpunk 2077, but I will just buy it for the xbone since I have one that is collecting dust.

For GTA V if you have a Nvidia GPU install the latest drivers for fix the shadows and improve the performance

>Linux
Games cannot generally be played on Linux as it's only a kernel. Did you mean GNU/Linux?

All of those games are harmful nonfree software. Please consider the importance of your freedom and the freedom of others, even in something as trivial as a video game.

Who cares lol

Go chimp out somewhere else old man

If you don't care about freedom then you will lose it.

I'd love to play Xonotic or Red Eclipse, but most of the servers are empty except for that one DM server with 3 players with a ping of >295.

>Does Jow Forums play on linux?
yes, also fuck off

why are you on proprietary website that ships spying obfuscated javascript scripts?

I don't run nonfree javascript to use this site and neither should you

I'm not going to pay for pass neigher

Unfortunatly gaming on Linux sucks.

I just play Broodwar and SC 2, but it doesn't work so good with Wine, so I bought a second PC for gaming and one for work with Linux.

Still waiting for ReactOS to finally replace SpyOS 10.

You don't need to

when I had linux on my current machine I only played war thunder, not even sure how I found that game, it ran pretty well too

you could probably play broodwar in a vm

elaborate

nice snakehead

use Jow Forums-x or clover

Sorry sweetie but there are games for android(non-gnu) and alpine(non-gnu)

I play Angry Goy II in WINE.

Attached: 1531287821369.jpg (896x960, 99K)

I tried, but the performance was too bad, which is pretty sad for a 2D game.

On the other side, I always wanted a quiet and small second workstation.
It's nice to life in 2018 with so much cheap and fast hardware.

here, a glimpse of the specs on my Machine.
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB
SSD: 480 GB nvme
HDD: 2 x 2 TB in RAID 1

>POP_OS
stopped reading there

I agree with you there, but I do not like the direction MS is going with Windows 10 and work limiting my free time, so games are not on the top of my computing priorities. What a shame, I am probably the only faggot that likes the Edge browser.

Am I supposed to be impressed

people tell you to fuck off to /v/ because they can't play games
do people tell you to fuck off to /mu/ or /a/? no, they can play that

Move over degenerates, patrician choice of wholesome pick up and play videogame for busy working white men coming though.
Works almost flawlessly under wine too.

Attached: tm.jpg (1280x720, 917K)

I am staying on topic, you can interpret my post anyway you like.

>glimpse
What am I missing then

Yep. Linux 100%, no dual-boot or GPU passthrough. I like to play Skyrim, Civ V, TF2, and Minetest on my machine. I can't think of anything specifically I wish I could play but can't.

With enough effort this

Attached: WMMT4-Rev-1.00-1.01.jpg (400x226, 27K)

I am going to play Cyberpunk 2077 when is out, that is the only game worth playing.

You have no idea how much I want to play it

no only down’s syndrome freetards insisit on playing broken games through wine

Neck yourself, friend

If you really want to play non-vm games then Total War Warhammer & Warhammer 2 are both good. Team Fortress 2 if can find a classic server, DOOM 3 BFG Edition, and the Wargame Series from Eugen are all decent.

retroarch:
CPS2, SNES, NES, NDS and PS1 mostly

CS 1.6 since the drivers suck for my APU

I get 100fps on low res , lmao

Games are for children

>No bone rot!
Topkek

This but unironically