Intel Management Engine has a Linux kernel driver

You all better "sudo modprobe -r mei_me" right now or else.

Attached: 7ddae6830a1ed6d86b697d3a38609aa0.png (420x420, 126K)

Let's hope you are aware that doesn't do anything. Your entire OS (like any OS that runs on any Intel chip anywhere) runs virtualized under a mini chip that runs Minix which in turn is the actual "Intel ME" platform. Even if you disable the ME Kernel driver under your pseudonative Unix it doesn't matter since the chip that virtualizes and runs your actual OS is still running. Without Intel ME running your computer will just shut down after 30 minutes (at least if it is a geniuine intel chip).

I am not joking look it up. That's also why removing Intel ME completely is such an annoying and hard task and only works with specific chips properly. Also you are never able to "remove" ME completely you can just disable some modules for some chips. As said Intel ME needs to be able to boot into its Minix to be able to boot into your virtualized pseudo native OS (regardless what that OS is)

You do realize that was put in there because the management engine has legitimate uses in enterprise right? So it makes since the kernel would have a driver for it
No harm in purging it but dear Christ the ME has been made into such a boogie man by people who don’t mean dick

>legitimate uses in enterprise
sure but as a normal consumer i really don't have any use for this kind of technology, so why put it into the chips? i can use ssh or even telnet ffs if i wanted to remotely manage my PC. ME is potentially a huge security risk and can be used to spy on anyone who has an intel microprocessor.

Not quite right, do your research again. AMD's solution is a virtualiser, ME is above else a firmware signature checker.

You can't remove it but you can gut it with me_cleaner. It should work on almost all boards but if you're unsure just make a backup of your BIOS in case something goes wrong.

>no it's AMD that does it swear - umm, look it up!
You're a bad liar, you know that.

It *is* a huge security risk. There was once a vulnerability affecting the ME's embedded web server (that most people didn't even know existed) that gives complete control of the target machine when logging in with a zero-length password. It's likely that most machines that had this vulnerability aren't even patched because the ME is largely unknown to most people and the patch requires updating the ME firmware.

>ME is above else a firmware signature checker.

That's what they want you to think. There is no reason for them to not virtualize your OS under Minix since Intels virtualizion reaches native speed nowdays anyways. And at the same time they can not only provide high quality enterprise functions but also high quality military applications.

Yes but as an end criminal there literally is no reason to do so. The sole reason to try to stab ME is if you are a political dissident literally endagering UK/US national security.

Also I just checked and appearently Gentoo kernel does not deliver any Intel ME module.

I literally work for intel R&D in California. You people are misinformed. It's one thing to theorise but another to outright lie.

You are aware that the ME Server has to be anbled for this which it is not in default mode? So the only valid targets are again enterprise which in turn means that they should be patching and using non-zero length pws which makes your statement redundant.

You are aware that if you'd work for Intel R&D (and held information on such a highly sensitive topic that is classified for the public) you'd be either fired by now or tortued inside an Afghan camp base. I am not joking. If you actually are an Intel RD member that has access to RD documents go ahead leak them you lost your (non existent) Job anyway by now.

Tbh I believe you working for US/NSA trying to spread false information. Yes we all know there are a lot of American intelligence member subhumans here. And you fit their typical profile go ahead try to use all your psychological tricks it won't work idiot

How do you *know* it isn't enabled right now without actually checking?

A series of Macbooks actually launched and were in the wild that had the ME still in manufacturing mode, allowing an adversary to install their own signatures and keys and effectively own all of the firmware.

So you ask me how to know how an electronical device sends out radioactive signals without me instructing it to. That is really hard to check a device for radio signals right?

Are you living in 1532 or are you just mentally retarded? Next you gonna say that as soon as I measure the activity they "sense" it through their Alien AI logic and disable the Web service in time right? Fucking idiot. If you are the "Intel RD" you just got prove you are dumber than your typical normie idiot and certainly do not work for Intel RD

>missing the point completely

Obviously I meant general radio not radioactive. You fucking idiot made my brain melt by your sheer stupidity.

>you'd be either fired by now or tortued inside an Afghan camp base.
Life isn't nearly as fast paced as you may want to believe in your vivid little bubble. There's more information leaked to the east than you will ever have access to.
They don't spend resources on little fish like you and me. An informed working man is much less dangerous than a powerful actor in the dark. That's the same reason nobody has ever been arrested because of hardware/software back doors if you bother to look up any facts whatsoever. In fact, a couple of ### agents had their cover blown in Italy purely because of their SIM metadata.
You and frightened paranoiacs like you are wasting your time.

Attached: tips tinfoil.jpg (602x602, 43K)

>Prove him to be wrong
>Missing the point

You told me that some Macbooks had the web server enabled in the wild. I told you to just measure the radio activity of those devices. If the radio activity is at 0 you know for sure that the ME Web server is disabled. How is that missing the point?

Also which idiot uses a Macbook? If I use a Macbook then Intel ME should be one of the least things to put my concern into.

Wrong you fucking idiot. The only reason people don't get arrested for killing others or doing whatever is that they are irrelevant to national security. And if national security is relevant (or the government needs some money) they just go get you and then tell court "We can't expose our method since we want to use it again". Look at how often that happened already.

It's funny since some people geniunely think that tinfoil stops radio waves completely.

I agreed with your post completely. Then I read a single sentence and it was obvious that you are a paid US shill. Go back to sucking gay US intelligence cock.

>The only reason people don't get arrested for killing others or doing whatever is that they are irrelevant to national security.
Okay you have about 17 seconds to link several hard fact articles on this topic. I want to see the link between terrorists and intel ME.

Coping mechanisms are like coffee to me, please go on.

>as an end criminal there literally is no reason to do so
>"end criminal" not "end user"
>The sole reason to try to stab ME is if you are a political dissident literally endagering UK/US national security.
>"muh national security"
FUCK OFF CIANIGGER YOU ARE LITERALLY GLOWING

Attached: 1456792752488.png (2992x2992, 531K)

Are you really that retarded? If you want to keep your job as US shill you should stop being that retarded.

If someone installs a backdoor into something and then uses that backdoor why would they say "Yes we used that backdoor to do this in that way"

But obvioulsy your next post is gonna be "huh so you can't because obviously US is greates tcountry on earth our intelligence spies on nobody inside the US we are patriots long live US and you are a faggot without claim"

Read your own posts again and go tell yourself how much of a failure you are Mr. "Intel RD" aka British US shill from Newcastle.

Time's up. Paranoia leaves another self-centrist one in the dust.

>Fuck he found out I am working for the NSA
>How can I try to subvert it in a discrete manner

If I was a shill wouldn't I rather try to advocate for an "end user" to not care about ME than an "end criminal"? Admittingly though that was a brain fart since there are so many NSA paid actors here nowdays.

>Answer his question thorougly and elaborate why I think I am in the right and he is in the wrong
>Hurr durr paranoia hurr I NSA I did your job now please give me my 2$ "Intel RD".

Let me forward this thread actually to Intel RD California. I won't be able to see whether you are telling the truth or not but in case you actually are you will get fired immediately. So in case you were telling the truth congratulations. But I rather think you are some philipino who gets his 3$ a day for shilling the whole day on Jow Forums in favour of US national interests.

>m-muuuuh ### actors
Fragile little man.

>Intel
The dubest frogposter.

>Fuck I got found out and now I cant argue against him anymore
>Now I need to throw proper reasoning and logical thought and just write some gibberish to try to end the discussion and look as if I won so my superviser pays me

Friendly reminder the NSA and the GCHQ have people POSTING in internet forums, pic related

Attached: Screenshot2.png (639x480, 111K)

You are right about one thing, this board is full of shills. Report me twice and a colleague of mine will get coffee brought to him.

Now that's just moving the goalpost right there.

It's not that the government lurks here, it's that you people are so fragile and gullible, ru****n trolls come here to train all day. You angsty autists are the perfect punching bag.

Set the NSA HAP bit for ALT_DISABLE mode. I'm 99% sure that renders IME harmless but correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached: top_sekrut_donut_steel.png (1111x626, 103K)

Feels good that I'm getting paid to bait retards ITT

Attached: me-irl.gif (128x128, 58K)

You dumdum, the support for mei_me has been i in the kernel for a LONG time
it has support for a bunch of hardware.
that does not mean the support for it is loaded unless you configure the kernel to support it (either by compiling e.g mei_me directly into the kernel, or building it as a module and loading it manually).

>Also I just checked and appearently Gentoo kernel does not deliver any Intel ME module.
yes it does, you just had no idea what you were doing when you configured your kernel (or when you selected a preconfigured kernel?)

Attached: 1542077866436.jpg (646x583, 56K)

same, these retards will believe anything. R&D lol

Existing posters in the thread please do not reply to this post act as you have not seen it this is for those that are just reading it.

What the fuck is going on in this thread??? There is definitely at least one paid shill in this thread. But who is it??!???

Is R&D guy really R&D guy at intel?? Maybe he's the shill

My money is on the angry guy with just a little bit of bad English in his posts I think that's the shill

cringe

New poster here, you're fucking retarded