/spg/ - Smartphone General

POCOMEME Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1.jpg (1380x709, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BsHtfLh6azw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMD_Global
youtube.com/watch?v=CMGfKJqtPUc
youtube.com/watch?v=RhsxNcuz6Qg
youtu.be/BsHtfLh6az
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_pocophone_f1-review-1808p4.php
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-pocophone-f1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Replacing my Lenovo P2.

Pocomeme or Nokia 7.1 Plus?

Other than specs and price, which phone is actually better to use and which phone has an overall better user experience?

Second for I dont use this general and am just posting from the front page

Anyone here own a OP6T? How's your overall experience with the phone so far and how does it feel in the hand?

>Google Pixel 3 Lite is a simplified version of the Pixel 3 with a plastic body and a less powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 processor. It has 4/32 GB of memory, no memory card slot. But camera is the same as in Pixel 3.

Attached: Ds6zUfHXoAETb-R.jpg (1199x675, 160K)

Bought a red pocophone Is a color red (rarer than the other colors apparently) 6gb RAM/128gb storage for $330 including DHL shipping,from aliexpress.

If this works right this is unbeatable value for $330,the latest processor,fucktons of RAM and storage,microsd slot and headphone jack,gonna make a review when it arrives if anyone else is interested.

Why are you talking in terms of dollars?

You know the Poco doesn't work in the Americas?

I don't live in the US retard,I use dollars because it's easier to compare prices.

Are there any non-chinese-owned (motorola, nokia, xiaomi, huawei, etc) phones that aren't awful under 400 leafbux?

Attached: 1530910661520.png (682x1600, 507K)

2 weeks owner. So far I like everything about it, no issues whatsoever. Does everything it should do.

It's quite big though, especially with the case(it feels wrong to carry it naked while it's still new). But that's a minor issue - rarely I need to double-hand it. Waiting for skin to arrive though, so I can have a better grip and ditch the case

youtube.com/watch?v=BsHtfLh6azw

normiefone

Congrats
Poco this year is what 1+ One was in 2014. MVP

Got my 6T yesterday and loving it.

Attached: Screenshot_20181126-142326.jpg (1080x2340, 1.07M)

I'm in Canada on Telus

I want to spend about $350-400 leafbux. I would like a phone that is waterproof, and ideally has as long a battery life as possible. I want to use it while hiking etc.

Attached: 1541092483422.jpg (547x774, 317K)

Sony XA2

>Nokia
>chinese
Educate yourself:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMD_Global

Me too

Attached: Screenshot_20181126-233323.jpg (1080x2340, 1.48M)

Should i wait 7nm processors to upgrade my phone?

Fancy buying an iPhone, do you guys think I should get the XS or the XS Max?

Not too bothered about screen size but I want more battery and the Max has a bit more juice.

Their founders and board have chinese on it, it is clearly an obscured owndership structure.

Why people are against chinese phones? It's because of perceived spyware (just install another rom if you're so paranoid,but google will spy on you anyway) because of perceived low quality (this isn't 1999 anymore) or because they can't comprehend how a $300 phone delivers similar value to a $1000 one?

I'm gonna ask in this thread as well: what stable rom do you recommend for Xperia XZ1 Compact?

I run a small business and don't want my corporate info sitting on a server in Shenzhen.

The stock ROM

Your corporate info is already sitting on a server on silicon valley & mountain view,fort meade,and the pentagon probably.

Seriously that's a retarded argument,if you have an android device you will be spied by pretty much everyone who wants to,if you're talking about the rom you can just flash another one.

If google scanned my phone and used the 2FA system to get into my servers, there would be a nationwide scandal. If a chinese startup does it using info passed to them by the chinese military to compete with me it would be just another tuesday.

Max has bigger battery, but that difference is pretty much diminished by bigger screen.
Other than that, phones are identical. The only difference is size and Max really is needlesly huge, I'd go for ore compact Xs.

also Apple is gay

If google wanted to get into your servers you wouldn't even notice it....you're trusting american companies too much.

is poo-cophone really the best value? or there's a new meme phone around town?

So what's wrong with the Sony XA2?

It looks nice and isn't chink.

Attached: 1541861785709.jpg (302x388, 16K)

How's your SOT looking so far? Also how's the camera?

It's sony,that's worse than chink.

What's wrong with it?
I've never had a sony phone. Looking for a bump from my nexus 5 and don't want a chinese phone or to spend more than $300 (what I spent on the nexus)

It really is the best value

I'd probably go for the XS since it's a bit easier to hold over the Max if the battery life isn't that much different.

It's one really ugly bastard, which is really unusual for a Sony. The specs are underwhelming as well. 3 GB of RAM and 32 of storage is shameful for that price in 2018 and they should have included a larger battery considering how big and thick it is.

It might be Sony but it's still made in China

>I don't want a Chinese phone
boy do I have some bad news for you

I get anywhere between 6 to 8 hours SOT. most of the time end my days with 40% battery, it's great
I'm a brainlet when it comes to camera, but got a Gcam anyway.

OP6 vs Pixel3
>youtube.com/watch?v=CMGfKJqtPUc

OP6T+Gcam vs Pixel3
>youtube.com/watch?v=RhsxNcuz6Qg
in first video difference is obvious, in second I could barely tell a difference

My last phone was made in korea.
Is it really shit?
What isn't shit in that price range?

Pocophone.

I have a pocophone and I live in the US. It works fine as long as you're on ATT. It's just that one of the 4g bands doesn't work, so I get dead zones occasionally. HOWEVER, the band it doesn't work with is T-Mobiles primary band, so you're kinda stuck on att

Talk me out of buying the Nokia 6.1 if I like the look and I'm a klutz that hates cases.

Attached: 1536002958014.jpg (1200x900, 84K)

call me a normie faggot if you want,but one of the things that prevents me from getting a pocophone is how ugly it looks (from pictures at least) but the red one looks somewhat passable,anyone has that one? how good looking it is? or at least is not repulsive?

And no,I'm not gonna use a case,never done that,,,not gonna start now.

Put a dbrand skin on it t. Marques

>my last phone was made in Korea
and somehow that invalidates my statement? you are an idiot

I'm asking what the current non-chinese phone under $400 is.

Nigga almost all phones are made in china so they are "chinese phones".

If the country or origin is that fucking important for you you should buy a shitty LG or overpriced samsung phone,some of those are made in korea.

buy an xperia m5

Attached: Ds6y2J_VYAEEWTj.jpg (854x1200, 255K)

How is the Essential PH-1 on Sprint? I've heard a lot of people have reception problems on some networks but others work fine.

My moto X Pure is fucking totaled. Frame broken, screen destroyed, worst Sunday night ever. Loved that thing now it's gone. Already ordered a 6s plus (it's on 11.4.1 so I'm going to jailbreak, only reason I'm getting another iPhone) as a backup but felt awful realizing I can't get my original back.

I'm sorry for memeing the pocomeme again,but xiaomi announced that they're working on widevine L1 for pocophone,it's even possible to just push an update to fix it?

Will the Poco phone ever work in America?

Carbon edition looks decent.
Or just get a dbrand, it's 12 bucks. I'm also Marques K Brownlee

Attached: akrales_180821_2841_0021[1].jpg (1200x800, 90K)

Can you guys recommend a good launcher and some themes?

any good phones that dont throttle like crazy? even if its older and has an SD 820 I'd still be interested
alternatively I was considering repasting an lg v20, looks easy

Attached: sw4bcTM.png (590x980, 158K)

The carbon edition is much more expensive than the regular edition totally defeating the meme,I guess I will buy a dbrand then.

Poco obviously.
You do realize that microG exists?
Use a modded Netflix apk.

Had it since launch. Love everything about it. Battery life is exceptional. As far as size, the wide aspect ratio makes it much easier to hold, despite being a large phone. Coming from an iPhone 6+ it's way more comfortable. I have the midnight black color, and the matte finish is very nice.

Nah, I just downloaded some icon packs and customizable clock widget. Good enough for me

What are the best apps to mirror your android screen to PC

They're saying they'll release Widevine L1 in beta in Q4 2018, I doubt they'd just make it up so it must be possible.

Bought the black one. Same price but from Gearbest. Good luck m8

Samesies

Nova's the most popular one, and what I use. Very customizable. I shelled out for the paid Prime version.

As for themes, just go search for icon packs on the play store, there's a ton of them. I'm using Moonlight with a few changed that I didn't like.

Attached: Screenshot_20181125-001325.jpg (1080x2340, 1.25M)

If I get a Poco f2 and make the OS android (like here youtu.be/BsHtfLh6az ) can I use tracfone on it? I'm in the US and the sim is AT&T

Attached: tumblr_inline_pinr0zLM5J1sr6ry5_1280.jpg (640x465, 62K)

scrcpy

F1 not F2

The OS is Android

How much you paid for it? the pocomeme looks more expensive on gearbest than on ali.

>Use a modded Netflix apk.
Do those even work? I thought they were just memes that showed a fake 1080p resolution.

Care to give me a link?

Amazing. Bit laggy but nice

anons plox

$330 with fast shipping and insurance. 128 gig one. Bought it on a flash sale last night.

What icon packs?

Canada
Telus network
$300 leafs
Anything good?

I'm thinking Redmi Note 6 or Nokia 6.1. Any preference either way? The USB-C and fast charging and metal body are swinging me towards the nokia. Any thoughts?

Attached: 1513503355157.png (800x700, 360K)

Sorry I meant non LineageOS

Pocophone

>suggests the throttlememe f1
Don't troll him

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_pocophone_f1-review-1808p4.php
>We can only praise the Pocophone F1 for its great, sustained performance. MIUI is well optimized and doesn't bog down Android since it is lean and smooth. Running a benchmark repeatedly doesn't slow the phone at all.

For how many years a SD845/6gb should remain competitive?

At least 14.5 years.

fuck I'm in US

man there's hundreds of them. Just search "icon pack" at PlayStore.
I'm using guilt_icons now

see

But which carrier? Cause att is supposedly all good.

on tmo. time to kms

Gg. Time to jump ship.

>the band it doesn't work with is T-Mobiles primary band

FUCK. God damn it, really?

I'm on T-Mobile. I was legitimately seriously excited about this phone. This is horseshit.

Attached: Angry Nitori.jpg (800x650, 437K)

It only has one LTE band for AT&T, B5, if AT&T doesn't have that in your area you'll be stuck on 3G:
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-pocophone-f1

>unlimited everything for 40
I've been thinking about going att or verizon but they all look expensive as shit compared to my tmo plan

Is the redmi note 6 the best option if I can't use pocomeme on my network?

Attached: 1536489915917.png (500x400, 224K)

OnePlus 6/6T have good thermal performance.

Yeah, T-Mobile sucks in my area or I'd hop shop. But sense it does suck, I get a pocomeme.

>3GB of ram is enough they said
>Apps constantly reloads (causing me to lose my webpages), can't keep more then 3 apps open, and can't even use this phone without breaking it in frustrations
Don't fall for the "3GB is enough" meme

I'm thinking of buying Nokia to support my finnish brethren. Are they worthwhile compared to the rest of the market?

in the same boat. thinking about buying a phone of swappa or something because this is hell

Yes. Wait for the event on December 5th though, new Nokia phones will be announced.

I just got a 7.1 and it's nice. Not just nice for a $350 phone, nice full stop. Build quality feels flagship-tier, although the device is slippery so you need a case. Snapdragon 636 is a bit outdated. There was a tiny bit of lag during initial setup, but it went away afterwards. Camera is good, probably as good as it gets until you hit flagship-tier. The screen is good, but I haven't tested HDR on it yet, and it won't be sunny out for months, so I can't speak to daylight visibility. Notch is obnoxious, but can be masked somewhat by Nacho Notch. Audio quality from the 3.5mm is good, although I have to pump up the volume to max to drive my Q701s. Haven't done extensive testing there yet.
Hopefully it'll be the fucking Pureview. I only got the 7.1 because that's not out yet.

no, redmi note 5 is, specifically the M1803E7SH model
I have one, and what I find hilarious is its known as the Taiwan Global Model, but all the literature is en EspaƱol, lol

Oh I was about to buy the 6.1 for 250 leafs. I might hold off though.

Apparently the M1803E7SH version is also officially sold in Latin America since they use B2 and B28, which explains the Spanish manual.