Tfw too much of a brainlet to use emacs properly

>tfw too much of a brainlet to use emacs properly

Attached: 2000px-EmacsIcon.svg.png (2000x2000, 371K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ergoemacs.github.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any good emacs videos? Something like emacs tutorials, tips and tricks and maybe teaches emacs lisp too?

why not check youtube, newfriendo?

install gentoo first

then install emacs

>tfw too brainlet to use vim
I'm the smartest person I know, too.
I'm a retard surrounded by retards.

Attached: vegeta-feels.jpg (1132x1705, 530K)

>learning text editors
kek the absolute state of freetards

just hold down the ctrl key until you die, mate

Tfw not enough of a brainlet to use emacs

Attached: Vimlogo.svg.png (1088x1090, 95K)

>open emacs
>C-h r
There, read the fucking manual.

hmm I presed capital c and nothing happend, shat do i do

Just dwell on it for a weekend instead of fapping to chinese cartoons. Emacs is easy, it just takes time.

Ergoemacs
ergoemacs.github.io/
Problem solved.

the proper way to use emacs is this

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

doom-emacs is a proper choice too

Attached: 1534736902408.png (288x168, 52K)

I'd like to, the idea of elisp and org mode intrigue me, but I'm already pretty deep into vi/vim/nvim territory, and too many Linux programs have vi bindings. I like the idea of consistent keybindings throughout my ux.
Evil mode is a poor substitute.

which one to use if I never used anything but notepad

The problem with emacs isn't lack of understanding, it's lack of fingers. Let's take a really simple example: deleting four lines. In a vi-like it's just 4dd, but in emacs it's either C-k C-k C-k C-k or C-u 4 C-k. You can say "you just need to create your own config, but that's something I don't need to do with vi-likes.

try them all user

Attached: 1512476399545.gif (420x236, 1.85M)

I know that feel bro. There is no hope for humanity.

>not using the foot pedals and the sphincter key

Yes, for simple non-practical examples vi is very convenient.

Fixing the indent of a line in Emacs is just TAB (or doing nothing since Emacs will fix the indentation for you), in vi you either manually type > or == and pray Vim's stupidly simple indentation logic is sufficient.

Swapping two function arguments in Emacs is C-M-t no matter the language, in vi it's, uh, you can't really do that, you need a custom command on a case by case basis.

Moving forward by CamelCase word in Emacs is just M-f M-b (regular word motion) with subword enabled. In vi it's, uh, can't do it.

C-x to general binds, C-c to local ones, A-x to type commands, C-h for help.

my fingers hurt just reading this. no thanks

>sphincter key
genius

It's just M-4 C-S-backspace

>deleting multiple lines is "non-practical"
Vi-like users use their program to edit text; emacs users edit text to use their program.

Computers are suppose to automate our tasks, application should make it easier not harder. Emacs and vim aren't designed to get out of the way and let you work. They're designed to be narcissistic moody attention whores.

Cool revisionism, bro.

but that takes too much time

He meant to say, Ctrl+h t, that is, press the control key, press the h key, let go of the h key, let go of the control key, press the t key, let go of the t key

like time has any valuable meaning on Jow Forums