In one of my cs classes the teacher said that “clock speed doesn’t matter”

In one of my cs classes the teacher said that “clock speed doesn’t matter”.

Why is my teacher such a retard?

Attached: 7C9FBA04-303E-4716-AE08-347916AD08E6.jpg (195x419, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TJN5GfZuVog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're the retard.

He's not wrong. IPC * clock speed is a much better metric, but even that can be deceptive. Simply put, anything outside of real world benchmarks is going to be misleading for performance.

Huh?

Nigga tf is ipc?

Oh wait you’s talks bout that cpi lmao nigga u got that shit backward lmao dumass nigga I don’t gets cpi tho desu senpai

Instructions per clock

It's how many x86 instructions can be executed per clock cycle. The CPU is not actually x86 under the hood and it has an optimizer circuit, so more than 1 operation can be executed per clock cycle even though individually they are at least 1 clock, but usually it's more like 4-6 clocks.

I had a math worksheet in 4th grade that had that stock image on it. My dad smoked so I always thought the black stock image people were smoking cigarettes because of how long and narrow their noses were. But one day I saw that guy in the OP and thought it might be a nose but I still thought it looked more like a cigarette and I asked the teacher about it. She got wide eyes and flinched and quickly told me they weren’t smoking, it was just a nose.

Do you even know what CPI means

No that's a cigarette

Uhhh central processing item?

An Intel 8086 running at an hypothetical 10GHz clock is going to run about as fast as a single Ryzen clock underclocked to 66MHz

Look up those two:
"internal clock vs external clock"
and
"Von Neumann bottleneck".

You'll love it. Specially the second one.

Attached: bane.jpg (2886x1400, 1.02M)

>a single Ryzen clock
core*

Why is his dick hard?

OP what is your IQ?

>8086
Um this isn't the 1980's.

itt niggas getting baited

cause he's thinkin bout coding

Attached: the guy.png (248x446, 17K)

Your teacher is a macfag.
youtube.com/watch?v=TJN5GfZuVog

It does if you communicate over radio, want to save battery and combine those two.

My professor referres to Codeblocks as a compiler

If he's referring to networking work, he's technically right.

He is right.
A highclock speed could have bad performance. First pentium 4 is an example
Pipelines , architecture and instructions are important too

>clock speed
The clock speed is always the same, 1s is 1s here and in China, so yeah, clock speed doesn't matter.

It fucking doesn't nigger. It's all about single instruction performance. My desktop runs an FX8350 with a 4ghz clock speed but an i7 from the same generation with a similar caliber would beat it with a lower clock speed.