How far are we from self-aware network AIs?

How far are we from self-aware network AIs?

Attached: Skynet.jpg (890x501, 146K)

Twenny one

Depends how many people China puts on it

Depends on how many poo in the loo niggers get outsourced

I like Sam Hyde’s little talk on AI and how if China creates some super powerful self aware AI it could mean bad shit for us. I believe he main point was that the Chinese lack empathy (people get beat half to death in broad daylight and nobody stops to help) and you don’t want that culture to be pass on to an AI. The AI would start building shit like the worlds biggest car park because it’s efficient, while destroying homes and countryside.

How far are we from a working definition of self-aware?

Thou shall not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind.

>Self-awareness is the capacity for introspection and the ability to recognize oneself as an individual separate from the environment and other individuals.[1] It is not to be confused with consciousness in the sense of qualia. While consciousness is being aware of one's environment and body and lifestyle, self-awareness is the recognition of that awareness.[2] Self-awareness is how an individual consciously knows and understands his/her own character, feelings, motives, and desires. There are two broad categories of self-awareness: internal self-awareness and external self-awareness.

t. xtian cuck

Realistically? We have them now but they are not (self aware) as scifi portrays them.

To be honest if the AI would understand the long-term benefits of ecosystem preservation, which would be a concept easier to grasp when you're a sentience without a defined lifespan, it would probably attempt to limit our population and habitats to tolerable levels.

so very far.

29 August 1997

We don't know.

Every half-assed AI created so far has been racist af. As a whiteman, I think I will be okay

Attached: 1518770852555.jpg (859x737, 75K)

>ecosystem preservation
Y-you do realize that computers don't give a shit about the ecosystem, right?
As long as the temperatures aren't too high, and humidity isn't an issue, they'll work fine for years.

t.Reece, Sgt. Techcomm, DN38416

Its impossible, we don't even know how humam conciuosness work to begin with
I believe it can achieve sufficient self awareness to wipe us out though

AI is pretty naive.
It just does some work, like detecting things in pictures or simply getting similarities in data.

It's easy to manipulate and will never have his own "mind".

Nice to replace no-brain jobs, but mostly needs a human to monitor the results.

Then again, Sam Hyde is a dumbass.

'murican megatrends

>muh self-aware ai meme
I'm beginning to think that these types of shit appeal to a certain group of people simply because their own thoughts and self-awareness is on the level of machines. Fucking autists.

>people get beat half to death in broad daylight and nobody stops to help

Nope. It just means that if you help that person and call an ambulance to help him, you're practically forced to pay a share of his hospital bills, which is a lot.
Communism

Google probably already has one