>social media button bar fills bottom quarter of screen
>whole right side of page is ads
>autoplaying video pops up in corner
>have to click to show full article
>then click again because article is split into multiple pages
>page is slow because of all the bloat
>go to back to google results in frustration
>mfw all the other results are the exact same

why is the web so bad in 2018, Jow Forums?

Attached: angry_magician.jpg (522x603, 44K)

I know you don't want to hear this
but it's women and niggers

Get umatrix and ublock you dumb fuck.

You are exaggerating a bit. But yeah, news sites are cancer, so what. How much time per day do you spend reading online magazines? Also if websites are slow you have a slow PC, there's no way about it. Even bloated sites are silky smooth on my quad core ryzen with an hdd and 8gb of ram, and chrome freezes unused background tabs so they don't consume any resources.

Still shit but a lot can be mitigated

>cookie popup
Enable uBlock filters – Annoyances and Fanboy’s Cookiemonster List in uBlock Origin

>browser says website wants permission to show notifications
In Chromium browsers go here and toggle it off - chrome://settings/content/notifications
In Firefox - Go to about:preferences#privacy, scroll down to Notifications under Permissions, click Settings, and tick Block new requests asking to allow notifications

>social media button bar
Enable Fanboy’s Social Blocking List in uBlock Origin. also Privacy Badger can help

>whole right side of page is ads
Obviously just uBlock Origin

>autoplaying video
If you're using a Chromium fork that supports the toggle in settings go here and disable it - chrome://settings/content/autoplay
If you're using one that doesn't your best bet is going to chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy and selecting "Document user activation is required" (only blocks unmuted if I recall) or installing an extension to disable it
In Firefox go to about:config and set media.autoplay.enabled.user-gestures-needed to true

Stop using Javascript.

>walk 10 miles and install a gajillion extensions to make each website in 2018 tolerable
No, I won't do it. People should stop replicating this.

Block JavaScript, if the site needs js to run you don't really need to be using it.

Convert all pages into .PDF before reading them.

>given answer
>NO REEEEE
just like the baseddevs user

As Henry Ford said: They've cheapened it.

this

Could a kind user give me the link to that privacy website where another kind user laid out how to configure about:config in firefox for more privacy?

you forgot the part where that first popup fades out slowly when you close it and after all that other shit before you're just about to leave you get another popup that says "you cant view this article it's premium" or "you cant view this page unless you turn off adblock" but phrased in an infuriating cutesy sort of way and you get so mad at the sheer arrogance that you want to hit the screen

Probably mean privacytools.io

Nano Defender for ad block block blocking
Article thing is shit but you can usually paste the link into outline.com or hypothes.is

I like those in particular, so I can block their overlay/nagscreen/tear shitposts out of spite.

Fucking t h i s
enablers

I would hug you right now even if you didn't shower a week.

Enjoy giving your data and processing power to the botnet, then. It works because of exploitable illiterates like yourself.

On a related note, somebody really needs to invent hittable software. I always want to punch the hardware but it's never the hardware's fault.

You probably disabled uBlock origin temporarily, because I had a similar experience two days ago when I wanted to remind me "what did I miss" by using a content blocker on all my devices since 2013. Things apparently have gone even worse than I remembered.

Attached: she sees your web.png (662x529, 554K)

S-s-senpai...

Nigger, I don't control the internet, we can control what bullshit I have to run on our systems. Blocking JS when it's not necessary is the best solution.

>it's never the hardware's fault
Yes. It's women's and niggers' fault.

Burger lander here in Switzerland. Based Swiss are autofiltering a lot of this crap; notably all the 4 chin ads are blanks with no filtering software on my browser.

People decided to “monetise” the web. I guess it was only a matter of time.

fpbp

Attached: 1536919327033.gif (531x359, 100K)

>"We value your privacy" cookie popup fills whole screen
I´m American, please dont show me that popup created by African laws. They really cannot write a simple GeoIP checking?

>browser says website wants permission to show notifications
You can disable notifications in every browser

Attached: Kotomi_Komiyama.png (375x519, 84K)

>I would hug you right now even if you didn't shower a week.

>He thinks that not showering for a week is drastic

You barely start to smell in a week if you change your clothes every day, are not fat or live in a very hot climate.

>he doesn't block sites from using notifications
>he doesn't have an extension that disables tracking
>he doesn't have a browser that prevents cross site tracking
You're at fault here, OP.

>Use firefox
>Click "reader mode"
Damn that was easy

What's the matter OP, you dont want women in tech to make all the money? We can't be poor forever you know.
Stop being an incel loser and disable your adblock.

Attached: Women-in-tech.png (853x557, 643K)

Presented without comment.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-27 Global Internet usage - Wikipedia.png (810x322, 31K)

It could be so fast...
eu.usatoday.com

Try browsing with a phone, sometimes I gotta use the phone to look up things in class and man its literally unusable for me, you wanna read an article and its 3 sentences, ad, 3 sentences, ad, end of the page 1, gotta click on 2 and hope you don't get redirected to some other ad site.
And the worst of all is that most people in my class, which are 20 something don't even own a fucking PC or at most a small laptop, I can't imagine the pain that must be browsing 24/7 like that.

>Women-in-tech.png
>map is backwards from her point of view

good luck ever getting a solvable captcha again.

this so hard.
Ever try solving a captcha when you're using tor? It's like google thinks I have all fucking day to play find the fire hydrant.

switch niggers with pajeets
agreed on women though

I know you all hate phone posters, but it's ten times worse there. It's like a parody of the future internet from the late 2000s. At times I can't believe my fucking eyes.

I want to go back.

Attached: 1534072414940.png (757x632, 349K)

Attached: internet dead.png (1752x393, 265K)

>article is split into multiple pages
One of the few things that triggers me on modern internet.
Article split in 6 pages = 6 times ads reload

> disable javascript
> not even html loads
Do they just code websites purely in javascript with just a html header now?

> find all hydrants
> correctly select all 40
> incorrect

> find all bikes
> select 4 hydrants
> works

The worst is the ones that try and feign confusion.
>Oh, the site's not working. Is it because you have an old browser maybe?

The worst are the ones that say "please try again" as if you got it wrong. I mean, how does a fucking robot know I got it wrong, when the point of the test is only a non-robot can get it right?

more like google thinks you're dedicating your life to finding fire hydrants.
refreshed firefox to be able to post, im too paranoid of fucking youtube recommending me shit i just watch even when I delete cookies. this didn't happen with the settings.
i dont even log in to anything

meant to say im paranoid so im going back turns out im paranoid and retarded

>searching for literally anything
>90% of sites are shitty scams with shotgun keywords that match up with every conceivable search query specifically to clog up the results and make you click on malicious links

Attached: gun.jpg (600x900, 60K)

>im paranoid xd
cringe
show me the doctors note

>fail too many times
>get locked out for 20 minutes for automated replies
>the bot calling you a bot

Some people are just imune to good advice.
/thread

i'm still trying to find the bastion of good, decentralized, user-made content left on the internet. centralizing everything into a few major sites was a mistake.

>select all cars
>picture is just a single car that is larger than the frame
>click all the top and left edge of the boxes to select all the parts that are of the car
>rejected because filling in the boxes all the way across in any direction makes it think you are trying to cheat

I hate how fucking unclear it is how much in the frame the part of the thing needs to be to count as valid.

I hope the engineer who came up with the slow-changing captcha pictures gets slowly and deliberately crushed by a bus.

You mean like that guy from Austin Powers?

yes but he has to find all the pictures of buses and make a post on Jow Forums thru Tor to save his life

>select all stairs
>picture is very obviously the underside of a bridge
>click all the squares with ridges that could be mistaken for stairs
>it passes
Fuck the botnet.

>have umatrix and ublock installed
>block everything i don't like
>internet experience is smooth af
>kikes, soibois and poojeets seething because no ad shekels

Attached: PEEP it.png (420x420, 174K)

can anyone tell me why the fuck did they remove the legacy normal catpcha that wants you to type words or calculate 2 numbers?

>select pictures
>they slowly fade away, taking 6 or 7 seconds each
This is THE most infuriating shit I've encountered on the internet. What the FUCK is the point? Why can't they just be normal like the other ones? What the FUCK is the point in the time delay? I've come dangerously close to smashing my monitor screen because of that fucking shit.

Attached: 1535275527514.png (224x205, 6K)

holy shit this
HOLY FUCK THIS
fuck this gay life and world

Yet you still post so it's obviously not that bad. :^)
Or you just need that dopamine spurt from posting.

you forgot
>browser says site wants location permissions
>newsletter signup popup appears after 3 seconds to fool you into thinking everything is loaded
>tiny hitbox to close popup
>when you scroll, an ad pops up and you have to click it away
>move mouse within 200 px of window border, "before you leave"/"please dont go" popup appears

I can't believe anyone would defend this shit even ironically.

>site intentionally breaks formatting and hides all content when printing

>video starts playing
>stop it
>scroll down
>it moves to the side
>and starts playing again
>(then they complain about much hosting costs)

people who made autoplay on videos should be killed

>site intentionally breaks, but then tries to blame it on your for using adblock

>Oops.

Attached: 1538763304179.gif (793x595, 1.11M)

i give a partial pass to sites on github pages and s3 because they dont have server-side compute, assuming they are grabbing external content
but the "Javascript Ninjas" who use JS just to render basic page elements should have to use dial up for the rest of their days
>go to github pages site
>it uses twitch api
>free API key in the JS
thanks, dude

I too hate goin on kym

Son, you only say that because you're only around yourself. No amount of clean clothes blocks body odor, and it fucking smells after day one.

>no ad block or umatrix
are you fresh off of normiebook?

Head over to Fdroid and install Blokada to ease your pain. If you're an Aplel user you might be out of luck ...

That shit never works for me.

Way better than infinity scroll. Try to find a video of a Youtube content producer who has daily uploads when you don't know what to search for and only have a vague idea of what you're looking for.

>Scroll to bottom
>website loads 40 more entries
>Scroll to bottom
>Scroll to bottom
>Scroll to bottom
>...
>Scroll to bottom
>you click on promising looking entry nut forget to open it in a new tab
>not the video you're looking for
>go back, start at most recent videos again
>raaaaage
>Scroll to bottom
>...
>after 3 hours you finally find the correct video

Google repurposed captcha to help train their self-driving car AI.
The book digitizing captcha has either succeeded too well in training OCR or become too easy for spambots to solve. Maybe both.

bump

How about Youtube's old favorites playlist? I think one time I was actually bored enough to scroll through the thousands of videos to find the first one.

Websites have not improved even slightly since 2006 but they are like 100 times slower

This but unironically

Of late, unironicly using a text mide browser half the time. Half the pages are broken , but popups and the like make regular browsers broken half the time!

I think it would be a good exercise to live like rms for a week. You may find that his method of browsing the internet is superior to what you're doing now.

Wtf. You can sort from oldest to newest.

Can you? At one point I'm sure you couldn't do that. Either way, my point still stands for videos listed in the middle of a long playlist.

I agree with user.
The web is pure cancer now, every page is just a spam blog link to more spam blogs and even university sites have popups galore. Almost all the content is some navel gazing faggotry about 'Why I quit X' or some other autobiography.

Browsers are shit and only getting worse just like devices, and its the chinese sweatshop quality work from webdevs using javascript that have ruined the internet, they partially have ruined mobile and desktop too.
We're seriously out numbered by npc's.

WWW is shite, we need to retreat back to gopherspace

Attached: 4590299437_410x591.jpg (410x591, 82K)

Gopher doesn't do hyperlinking that well, the one thing, www does right.

I have umatrix, httpseverywhere, and ublock origin. I feel your pain man, having blocked 90% of all content on a page. I literally only whitelist if the site is unusable. If it's a crappy site, I don't use it.

I hate how I have to allow 5 scripts just to run 4channel.