Microsoft is back at it again?

tivi.fi/Kaikki_uutiset/mita-nyt-taas-microsoft-oma-sovellus-rikottiin-windows-paivityksella-6750676

Windows 10 is not bug free. The latest update breaks down Windows Media Player. If you play some certain files, the search feature of the player will permanently stop working.

While you can actually use something else as your media file player, the joke here is that Windows will conveniently forget you have set something else than Windows Media Player as the defualt media player.

Deliberate play on Microsofts part or not, you decide, but probably this bug which breaks Windows Media Player is unintentional since Microsoft would want people to use their product.

Some other newest troubles: Apple iCloud cannot synchronize with Microsoft products.

Attached: critical-process-died.jpg (500x301, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/surface/2017/07/28/the-windows-semi-annual-channel-and-targeted-deployment/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is it. I'm switching to linux.

>Windows
Either you are too dumb for Linux or too poor for a mac

Attached: 1542185894191.png (600x600, 106K)

I am posting this on my Macbook

I think Arch updates are now more stable and reliable at this point.

oh god .. a Mac
a least install Linux on it ^^
Easy to do

>Windows 10 is not bug free.
understatement of the century

Attached: 1513282890051.png (680x560, 408K)

Yeah have you checked the size problem, I check size of files and it shows like 300 MB while actually size is in some 2 GB, mainly happens on after you uncompress files...

A Windows 10 update not having bugs would be more newsworthy.

>Windows 10 is not bug free.

win 10 is for lazy people.
Lazy to take time to learn and just want to click

Enjoy your botnet trying to contact more than 100 wan ip to send what ever they want.

And at all ^ll (That my prefered)
ENjoy your Candy crush of netflix ad even en win 10 pro,
The best in presentation =D

>using Windows Media Player
>using search in Windows Media Player

This will surely affect, like, tens of people.
I'll get right on switching to Linux, since writing my own drivers will surely be easier than installing MPC-HC.

Windows is a cloud-based, web services company now. Hell, they offer Linux as a service i.e. Azure. Win 10 is shit because they don't give a shit about the retail consumer. No money in them.

>Hell, they offer Linux as a service i.e. Azure.
woot ?

>The latest update breaks down Windows Media Player

Who the fuck use it in 2018?

>Windows 10 is not bug free
W-w-whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Attached: tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg (800x450, 55K)

>windows 10
just end your life.

>^^
>almost december
what is going on

What do you mean?

I'm honestly glad that I completely avoided the windows 10 disaster.
>tfw Linux + win 7

Great.
We have patching to do this week.

>hurr install Linux on a MacBook
don't be retarded

December is a summer month south of the equator

See That being said, I live on the Northern Hemisphere so it's no longer summer for me.

Attached: 1541197710976.gif (500x281, 3.71M)

>Windows 10 is not bug free
You mean like literally any software ever? Wow, what a revelation. Thanks OP

Jos jostakin tuotteesta voidaan sanoa sen syntyneen onnellisten tähtien alla, Windows 10:n syyspäivitykseen tuo kuvaus ei kerta kaikkiaan sovi. Se on aiheuttanut käyttäjille ongelmia ongelmien perään.

And even if they break it's fairly easy to undo them.
Not like fucking Windows Boot and Nuke.

at this point even arch is more stable than win 10. arch devs, are you even trying anymore? fucking kek

Attached: 497069.jpg (500x514, 37K)

windows 10 made me switch to linux permanently.

based windows and based satya nutella

Jokes on you, Linux is a kernel.

this was such an incoherent statement
you are asking the arch devs if they are trying after bitching about windows? where is your mind boy?

install gentoo
not even kidding

Who even uses Windows Media Player lol it's like it's not even a bug

>posts evangelion
>posts the dumbest, most annoying bitch
>linuxfag

yep, it all checks out.

Thank god I listened to Jow Forums and jumped on LTSC, FUCK THIS MAINSTREAM BETA GARBAGE.

Attached: AaoL3s4.png (500x732, 304K)

>uses a windows version that exclusively cuts out media features
>WHY DOES IT NOT WORK REEE IM SWITCHING TO ARCH
mmmkay sweeties

After a Windows update broke my install and deleted my files I switched to Devuan Linux. So far smooth sailing, it even runs all my Windows games and Solidworks.

>breaks Windows Media player
Literally who the fuck uses this thing?

People who like shit that just werks. Also it supports FLAC now.

>proud of using LTSCuck
lmao

>virtually 0% disc/network usage while idle even after a day
>1GB RAM usage out of the box
>90% of bloat and spyware already removed

Attached: 985.jpg (680x683, 82K)

>MOM

WINDOWS DELETED MY DOCUMENTS AGAIN

Attached: 1538922054670.png (852x1486, 463K)

I don't speak ylilauta

> cancel my meetings
Lost.

arch was king of unstable systems, now its crown belongs to microsoft

daily reminder
archlinux + kde plasma absolute killer windows 10.

>using unstable 2 years old beta version as main os
cuck

I want to switch to linux, but I want to play the shit that I can play with my integrated graphics. I can't run some shit through wine or proton because it's obnoxiously slow where at the very least on windows it's just about playable. I'd rather get 30fps than 10.

what card?

Geforce FX-5200

dear god, what do you even play on this? sims 1? installing xp would be the best option, as it has lower requirements, you are not using 7s features for gaming anyway

1809 also has a broken driver that always causes bluesceeens on boot on Windows-To-Go installations. The only solution is copying over the working driver from a 1803 install to the 1809 install using a non Windows system (otherwise it'll refuse due to permission issues).

I've used Arch-based distros for years and I have never had a problem anywhere as severe as some of these windows 10 updates.

just get rx 560, it costs like $100. it will allow you to play every modern game that exists now and probably every game released in next 5 years

i see rolling release bleeding edge model is not good for windows

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (417x291, 10K)

>Windows Media Player
I haven't used this since Windows XP.

Another fine product created by pajeets.

Reminder to turn on pic related to dodge 99.99% of breaking updates.

Attached: semi-annual.png (1061x805, 38K)

You're retarded. Retarded should prevent your device from auto updating it. Targeted means it only gets the green light for updates when your specific hardware and software setup is greenlit by Microsoft. By using the regular semi-annual option, your device will just start updating whenever there's an update, regardless of possible errors for your setup.

nope blogs.technet.microsoft.com/surface/2017/07/28/the-windows-semi-annual-channel-and-targeted-deployment/

my running theory is that so many pajeets have been hired during windows 10's development to work on it for a week before getting transfered to the community forum support department and getting replaced with more pajeets that the pajeets left working on updates have no fucking clue how any of the code works

That's why you never update right away.
t. LTSB 2016 for gaming user.

> back at it again
They still haven't fixed the activation bug

wtf uninstalling Windows-päivityksellä right now

I use gentoo

Luckily for me I'm still on windows 8.1

THIS
was using LTSB 2016 for a year, everything works perfect, decide to jump on LTSC shit laggs, games FPS is lower, overall resource usage is higher for no reason, ill be back on LTSB soon

can anyone tell me how the fuck do you even get LTSB? as far as I know you can only get it with an Enterprise subscription, and then if you stop paying it'll ask for activation and lock you out.

I'm thinking of downgrading to it. This windows 10 botnet isn't working too well

Someone redpill me on LTSB and what the difference is from LTSC.

so fucking glad I read this, I just downloaded LTSC a couple of hours ago and planned on installing it this weekend, I guess I'll stick with LTSB instead.
thank you

The name

LTSB is Windows 10 without a lot of the bloat like the windows store and all the ads in the start menu. No idea whats different in LTSC.

>some people still use windows media player
for gods sake

what’s more important last update broke lan teaming on intel lan cards

LTSC has more cool stuff like WSL which can all be disabled. Are there really people on Jow Forums who don't know how to use group policy editor and services?

That being said it's fine if windows LTSB just werks (tm) for you, no need to switch OSs for another 5 years.

Pajeet can sure as hell program this fucking shit heap to plaster fucking "How to try the Edge Explorer Edition 11?". "Pleased to Click Here to Find Out More Informationess!!!.". In 3 different fucking places on my screen.
But try to use some good-tier softwares that PajeetSoft didn't fucking shit out of its shit stained ass... OH NO!!!, PLEASED TO BE THE NEEDFULNESS. NOW i CRASH!!!.

Attached: ramit.jpg (480x480, 23K)