What are some beginner programming projects to start on?

what are some beginner programming projects to start on?

Attached: merk.jpg (1024x1024, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hodge_conjecture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hodge_conjecture

Install Gentoo

make a calculator and expand it's functionality as much as you can.

that should cover lots of bases and be easy to test and give you plenty of ways to expand functionality if you're lacking imagination

Optimizing C++ compiler.

Attached: programming challenges.png (3840x2160, 1.61M)

chip8 interpreter

Mommy, I'm scared!

Based neuland post, krautanon.

Cryptopals

whats this

A 3d game engine using vulkan.

4channel X

A serious reply would be to do any of the easy challenges on projecteuler.net Most of them take a really easy task you could do by hand (how many sundays occurred in December 2010?) and then make it so that you'd need a computer to solve it (how many sundays occurred between 1 March 1950 and 31 December 2010?)

You'll also learn to solve problems efficiently. At first when I read this challenge I figured I'd need to make some kind of date or calendar data structure. You don't need to. You essentially just need to figure out how many days in total and then divide by 7

8 queens

Attached: __.png (556x504, 21K)

I really hate this image, it’s so poorly put together, half the shit that’s easy is difficult and half the difficutl shit is easy.
Like fuck a danmaku engine is way easier than a wolfenstein clone.

Attached: file.png (1383x2184, 3.87M)

Rolling

fuck of Merkel

These difficulty markings are completely fucked up. But rolling.

A platformer.
I don't know I started as a kid so I wanted to make games. A platformer is simple enough not to die while making it and it's fun (obv if you are into games).
It gives you visual feedback.
You can do it in almost every language. If you use python, don't use pygame, it's fucked up (100% cpu eating constantly, for a known bug).
If you're not on that level yet you can make cows and bulls, guess the number and others of that sort, it's not too difficult to find online.

sure, why not

This, it's pretty easy

I have no idea where to start on this.

fizzbuzz