/spg/ - Smartphone General

Sony Xperia XZ4 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: sony_xperia_xz4_onleaks_4.png (1522x1268, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BsHtfLh6azw
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pocophone general!

Attached: poco.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Can this obvious paid-by-xiaomi marketing please stop? Enough people know about your company's phone by now.

Looking for recommendations to replace my Lenovo P2?

Pocomeme is too expensive.

Redmi Note 5

Recommend me a better phone for $300

Fuck off!

Attached: 1541529446207.png (900x900, 17K)

>Sony Xperia XZ4
Is that front fucking glass FLAT? Praise the samurai

You weren't asking for a recommendation.

Any good phones that are 5"? ZUK Z2 showing its age.

someone proxy these miku xiaomi phones from me

Attached: img.jpg (1024x945, 154K)

Pocophone and use the leftover money to get a hand enlargement operation.

Moto One or Moto G6 Plus?

>Can this obvious paid-by-xiaomi marketing please stop?
I'm sure you'll provide evidence for this somehow.
>Enough people know about your company's phone by now.
Yeah, and even the paid shills and pretend tech enthusiasts are waking up. And they don't want to pay upwards of $1000 for a phone either.
youtube.com/watch?v=BsHtfLh6azw

What country?

Pocophone

Attached: POCOPHONE.png (650x464, 506K)

>make teal colored phone
>add one shitty default wallpaper and 3 licensed songs as ringtones
>sell for $400 to dumb gaijins

>I'm sure you'll provide evidence for this somehow.

Attached: 1539314013211.png (900x605, 946K)

poocophone

Pixel 2, Sony XZ2 Compact.

>grey man meme
Yeah, fascinating.

It has a back decal as well my man.

Both trash

Garbage that doesnt work in the Americas.

It's not for us dirty gaijins,as far as I know the phone is only sold in china...and apparently japan but it was announced as china only before.

but it does. Some user said it worked fine with AT&T

You are an idiot.

>not working in one country it was never intended for in the first place
Wow, who would've thought? Also:

So is anyone who buys Motorola phones in 2018

Well that user should go to cellmapper.net and find out how wrong he is.

Sony makes some absolutely beautiful teal colored phones, and they're all midrange, you don't need this licensed garbage.

Americas, plural.

Fucking peasant!

I've always wanted to try Sony Xperias but the shitty touchscreen reliability is making me cringe. Ever since my office's Xperia Z3 and Z3C stopped responding to any touch at all after 3 years of usage, and even my friend that's using XZ2 faces the same thing. Stupid japs can't even figure out how to make their touchscreen more reliable and long lasting. And that camera? By god why are their software team so dumb.

But they don't have a waifu paint.

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
Is the 4GB version sufficient enough or should I shell some extra cash and go for the 6?

>go for the 6?
That one is a China exclusive.

Not worth it. For the extra cost just go for a pocophone instead

Does Android finally have a Dark Mode or is it yet to be implemented?

Not really, 4gb is more than enough right now. Maybe in 5 years you'll need more.

Android 9 has dark mode, yes

Got no touch issues on my XZ1 Compact, but yeah the camera isn't superb.

Where do I sign up shill for Xiaomi ?

How good is the pay?

Attached: qt.jpg (1263x1920, 816K)

>6+ fucking inches
When will this stupid meme gonna stop?

The more RAM you have the more your phone will use
My 6Gb phone uses 4Gb on average
would you notice the difference? who the fuck knows, but if you don't want stupid shit happening (like your music app closing while using camera) then get more RAM. Also for futureproofing - OSes and apps get bigger and more demanding over the eyars

you gotta lrn2english first dear falseflag user

3GB RAM is more than enough for regular usage. If you want to run games or very heavy programs, you'll probably start seeing programs getting kicked out of RAM (though it'll still work fine)

4+ isn't necessary unless you really want everything to always be open.

It's just a 16:9 5.5" phone with smaller bezels

Xiaomi is god teir you stupid cunt.

Sorry sir I'm Indian and forgot to turn on auto correct is it good now dear sir? Will you share how to shill for Xiaomi now dear friend? I'm too poor and need money please help a poor Indian brother.

Can someone explain the pixel 3 meme to me? It's a buggy piece of shit with substandard hardware for current year. Also looks like dog shit.

I meant lineage, not the gapps
Is that battery life with lineage?

How's the SOT with the Mi Mix 2S? An user in the last thread said it was horrible

Not manly enough?

Attached: file.png (1170x660, 688K)

How can you not shill Pocomeme?
Great product for unproportionally low price - one of rare occasions where consumer wins. I hope this trend continues, and the shilling is helping the cause.
It's all for greater good user

Murricans

>tfw no bezelless, 16:9, 6.5 inch slab
Best camera on the market. That's it.

>pixel 2 arrived today
based

Attached: 1519740145046.png (350x420, 12K)

Attached: file.png (454x541, 80K)

Two things:
>god-tier camera
>one of the very few top-tier phones under 150mm
if you're getting sick of phablets(or you're a manlet) it's a great choice.

Do you think the pocomeme F2 will be $300 too and with SD8150? Or xiaomi will go full jew like 1+ and charge $500 for it.

I would be ok with a new memephone with exactly the same specs as F1...but with a newer CPU.

It would be slightly wider than the 7.2" Huawei Mate 20X

ESL thirdworlder detected

It will probably start at $350

whitey in China

Just got my Mate 20 X and feel like a man with a phone the size of my dick.

OP2 was $329 on release

what's the Jow Forums approved cover for the pocophone?
just bought one and I was wondering what you'd recommend.

not memeing btw

the Jow Forums approved cover for any phone is no cover

I have a Huawei, too. They have the fastest battery degradation I've seen in a phone. After a year of usage the capacity is absolute dogshit and the battery level detection is crap, too.
>BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ
>Battery percentage: 15%. Please connect charger.
>Literally 20 seconds later
>BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ
>Battery percentage: 14%. Please connect charger.
and so on. The USB port is broken, too (stopped supporting data transfer after a few months, so I have to drag and drop the apk files when debugging my app), and I'm currently waiting for the replacement board to arrive.

>basically no US bands
you were the chosen one!

i just wanted my phone to be protected

anyone else care to give a suggestion?

Attached: feelsconflicted.gif (792x792, 83K)

you dont need to protect a plastic phone silly

Here's what I'm looking for:
>LineageOS support
>No notch
>SD Card slot
>16:9 screen
>Equal or better specs than my Nexus 5

Don't care about camera.
Don't care about stock ROM, the first thing I gonna do is change it.
Size, the smaller the better.

It seems the Galaxy S7 Edge fills out all the requirements but it seems I can't find a new one in Hueland anymore.Other than that, it seems such a phone doesn't exist. Any help is appreciated.

Attached: file_1512539.png (512x509, 223K)

I bought a Redmi Note 6 cause I live in a third world shithole and can't afford a pocophone.

How long should I reasonably expect this thing to last?

try the search option on gsmarena

MOFI you dumb nigger

Moto G5 Plus
Moto X4
Moto Z2 Play
Moto Z2 Force

You got chinked. There's a Huawei store in the giant mall right next to my apartment.

Sony XA2

I love how much hate the pocophone receives,from people too retarded that can't even understand how can it be so cheap yet so good and try to minimize its features or build quality "It will stop working eventually" "there's gonna be a catch" they say, to people that keep saying "Is not a flagship because it lacks.." and then they list a bunch of stupid shit like wireless charging to justify the extra $600 they paid.

Is the pocophone one of the most hated/loved phones ever Jow Forums?

anyone think it's weird how much people value the look of their phone? it's invariably going to be a fucking rectangle in a case. that's it. that's what you're paying for. why do people sperg about this shit?

yes, it absolutely is
from a non-biased burger perspective its fucking genius
its disruptive like how the original OnePlus was, but the main reason it gets so much hate here is because of other burgers who have fox and grapes syndrome, they hate what they can't have

Not all phones are equal. Some have two rectangles.

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-3-Hands-on.jpg (1200x627, 101K)

Did Sony bring back the headphone jack yet? Having a Sony phone without the ability to plug in headphones seems like a bad joke, but they had to copy the trend from Apple for some reason.

>4 cameras
>SD 636
>4gb of RAM

It looks actually good,and it was just released,should last 2 years,maybe 3-

There's something wrong here,seriously how can it be so cheap,the price of materials should be $290 by itself.

Are they being sponsored by the chinese gov't?

Market penetration. Xiaomi's not giving a fuck about margins on devices right now, they just want market share. They've even stated as much.
It's weird too, considering how hard they were pushing the quality of their DACs on previous models. My dad adores his XZ1 for how well it drives his audiophile cans.

I mean some people see it as an object that reflects your social status which is pretty retarded but personally after owning a Droid Turbo for 4 years I'd like something that looks a little more modern. It's a shame that the Essential Phone's build quality and appearance probably won't be replicated on a major scale anytime in the near future, it's a beautiful phone.

Consider that they have to fight the massive huawei shill in Asia they have to keep this up even if this doesn't earn much

It's kind of ironic since Sony are supplying the cameras on most flagship phones.

Poorfag who's about to get his first mid-range phone here. How much of an improvement does usb-c have over 2.0 file transfer-wise? I might get a pocomeme if there's a huge difference.

imagine buying a xiaomi imported phone with s9's are going for cheaper
like LMAOOOOOOO idiot

Yuros are stuck with the Exynos version and its battery that doesn't last a coffee break, so that's not an option.

repostan my cry of help:

Hi /spg/ I'm searching for a phone to gift it to my brother, he's in uni so the camera is kinda important. I was thinking in getting a Redmi Note 5 but my brother doesn't thrust chinks.
So is there a phone as good as the Note 5?

>budget 200-230 buckaroos
>Audio Jack
>4/64 or 3/32
>Needs B4(1700/2100 MHz)
>Huawei are ok tho

Thoughts on Moto G5s Plus?
Thanks in advance

Thanks for your responses.
I don't trust him enough so he'll probably sell the phone and get another one from his friends.

USB C is just the type of charger (AKA the form) the USB speed standard is something different.

AFAIK the pocomeme uses USB 2.0

Buy him a last-gen (not even last gen, most of the time you can get one that released literally 7 months ago) phone. Super cheap, super reliable, and have the reliability your brother is looking for.

Don't ever listen to the Xiaomi shills ITT. I made that mistake once, will never make it again.

>be Sony shill
>owned Z3C, Z5C, XZ, XZ2 and now on an XZ3
>fell in love with the hybrid fingerprint reader / power button on the side
>best fucking feature on any phone ever
>they remove it with the XZ2
>buy one anyway due to half price at launch as a Sony insider (retail) as the XZ was grinding to a halt for some reason now
>do the same with the XZ3 as it released because muh OLED
>now they bring back the hybrid fingerprint/power button AND a flat screen on the XZ4

FUCK, SONY PLEASE I KNOW YOU KEEP GIVING ME CRAZY DISCOUNTS, BUT FUCK

Also forgot to add
>NO FUCKING NOTCH

Still missing the headphone jack, but still. Notches are fucking disgusting.

Not all phones that have the Type C connector actually support the 3.0 protocol, meaning they may transfer at 2.0 speeds. You can always set up an FTP server on it and chuck stuff around with Filezilla if that's a massive issue though.

Couple of years actually. My Redmi Note 3 still works just fine and I can switch to Lineage if Xiaomi stops giving security updates.