Apple rant thread. What are you biggest complaints of the company? Everything from the past, present...

Apple rant thread. What are you biggest complaints of the company? Everything from the past, present, and future of Apple's misdeeds.

Attached: apple-rant.jpg (800x600, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you're posting on an Apple rant *board*, fambino

This. What is the point? The board is like 90% poorfaggots mad at Apple for existing 24/7.

A complaint that I haven't really heard much recently was the fact that the iPod is pretty much dead. Yeah, they do have the iPod touch, but why don't they have a portable Hi-Fi system, similar to Sony's new Walkmans? I used to love having an iPod that I could carry along with my old iPhone 4 back in the day. I could listen to music on the iPod, saving battery on my phone, but sadly they abandoned the shuffle, nano, etc.

I don't have a problem with overpriced rhinestone encrusted luxury computers for /fa/gettes, but they're smarmy self congratulatory culture is the most cringy shit in tech.

They charge more money for their products then I'm willing to pay.

Attached: 1394606717401.jpg (670x720, 125K)

getting an ipod at an early age showed me how locked down and limited apple products were, so I've never bought anything by them because wouldn't be able to stand being forced to load up itunes and sync for 10 minutes just to add an extra song to my playlist

I'm interested to see specific complaints about the company that people have, besides the typical "they removed the headphone jack" or whatnot.

>I'm interested to see specific complaints besides specific complaints people usually make
Eh?

I mean points that people typically don't make about the company, such as this:

I. FUCKING. HATE. APPLE.

I hate that iOS has native sandboxing for all apps WTF ANDROID DOESN'T HAVE THAT and I also hate that they keep their phones have guaranteed updates for 5 years even though Android is only 2. How disgusting is that? Or that they have one of the most secure OS on the market - only because it's closed source! My chinkshit spybox Android phone is open source except for the proprietary software preloaded onto it from ChingChong that data mines me and makes my phone more vulnerable to malware. Or that their OS is designed around their hardware so it's fully optimized and synergetic. GAWD

Whatever, what about their computers - UGH more optimized and synergetic software and hardware experience. That's trash. I get 3 hours of battery life on my chinkpad with loonix. That's enough time for me to fix my scripts that broke since the kernel update. Fucking macfags AUGH

Incompatibility of adblockers with safari.

making pooly made chinktrash garbage products and using manipulative marketing to peddle them at boutique prices

Attached: 1516474546000.jpg (989x1005, 189K)

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX has horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a heavy 95WHr battery
>even XTREME GAMER laptops like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Windows laptops in battery life
>huge battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>abysmally crippled cooling system leads to constant overheating
>constant overheating leads to chronic throttling to 800mhz
>heat exhaust BLOWS HOT AIR ONTO SCREEN
>screen assembly HELD TOGETHER WITH GLUE
>retina meme for "pros" have have glossy mirror screen impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>memetouch emojibar
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life
>no USB-A
>no escape
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>keyboard fails and requires $700 repair if a speck of dust gets under a key
>apple will brick your memebook with T2 killswitch if you go to an independent repair shop

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit literally has the build quality of a $200 acer for 10x the price
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

This is a dumb thread, but I’m an unironic Apple fan so I’ll chime in. Apple pricing was always high but people always ignored the overall package such as included software, re-sale value, etc. and I used to defend their pricing to an extent because of it, but now they are just outright overpricing their products. The macbook lineup is shit tier and costs a fuck ton of cash to boot, new iPad pros are nice but hella expensive and they don’t have pro software like logic or final cut. One of the primary reasons I still use a mac is because of garageband and logic and I’d like to see it on the ipad properly, ios garageband is cancer.

And ios file management is a joke. Absolutely ridiculous that they expect pros to use their ipads yet don’t give people a proper files system. Rumours are ios 13 will fix ios problems like this but I fucking doubt it.

Not complying to industry standards.

Honestly after Jobs died they've been getting better at that (USB-C, standard wireless charging) but their cables have always been proprietary garbage that go bad in 5 months.

Attached: 1517163768747.jpg (800x3140, 784K)

>Apple hate thread
translation
>hey guys let's go piss in an ocean of piss

There is zero market for mp3 players

Once a decade or so (while Steve was CEO) they created something with a Wow factor. However Apple has proven itself incapable of achieving competency in the most simple technical things like maps and voice assistants.

>Once a decade or so (while Steve was CEO) they repackaged and marketed someone else's tech with a Wow factor.
Fixed.

I like apples style, but what I can't stand is when they go for style over substance.

So what you're saying is, you hate apple's style.

They used to take good ideas, and refine them to be practical.

then dont buy it stupid weeb

man thats disgusting, i hate that iphone is better than android

>cater and market exclusively to homosexuals
>CEO is avid sword swallower
>overpriced af
>planned obsolescence
>proprietary af
>fisher price tier OS's on all of their devices
>dongles

Charging 4x the value of their products.

I've hated Apple since I was a child but I had no idea it was that bad.

Attached: Mac.jpg (1273x727, 77K)

>stripping features for sake of 'simplicity'
>poorly designed computers
>whack repair policy
i like the idea of streamlining things but this is ridiculous

Terrible price to quality ratio. Their products are not better than any other products, but they cost like they're the absolute greatest thing this world has ever seen. You're paying thousands of dollars for cheap and limited tech with MacOS pre-installed. Why would I want to use a laptop with a few fucking USB-C ports and that's it? It's laughable.
They're not bad. But they're not worth the price, definitely.

>buy an s7 active off ebay
>256gig expandable storage
>Qualcomm 820
>4gb ram
>headphone jack
>durable metal/plastic case
>turn on airplane mode

You now have a 300 ish gig memory ipod for 100 bucks. With a much better battery and bluetooth compatibility

It's the same reason we dont have portable scanners