>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Attached: 46893565_574644406303457_9011581667571138560_n.jpg (3264x2448, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/pkl/files/Standalone Layouts/
kbdfans.cn/products/tactile-switches-tester
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why on Earth would you make a new thread this early?

bitch i’m bout to bust a NUT

Got my dev boards in today. at work throwing her together :D

Attached: 46837408_2159328767453093_6904480345765183488_n.jpg (3264x2448, 1.37M)

I should have got the fucking stencil and reworked her with air. Fuck, bit of a bitch

Why does it have all that stuff painted on it when it won't be visible?

Attached: black rod.jpg (2000x1333, 383K)

Because I haven't designed a case for it, kind of aiming at a low cost kit with her. She's going from 35$ starting as a kit.

Figured it might look a little prettier, but these are just test boards, the finals will be black on black.

>just got a cherry mx brown keyboard that isn't fucking gross looking for 50 bucks.

Where to cop?

>Want a top-of-the-line RGB mechanical keyboard
>don't want a shitty logo prominently displayed

The only thing I've found so far is the Devastator 3 keyboard/mouse combo which is a good value but looks like shit and still has the Cooler Master logo where the windows key should be.

kbdfans has rbg.... 60%

>kbdfans
Good lord those are expensive and they look like cheap toys.

>leopold fc980m

Attached: LaidBack-thumbsup.jpg (766x431, 62K)

Any TKL like pic related? I really like the layout and I'll take gateron blue or cherry blue, but I prefer gateron.

Price is no problem and the keycaps not to be ABS.

Attached: 61rZ15hweFL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x849, 87K)

That's the muh minimalism market for you

im interested in knowing what sort of keyboard youd say doesn't look like a cheap toy

Perhaps its simply the chosen colors or the lighting in the photos but those keyboards look like they're part of a Fisher Price playset. Might also be the font or size of the letters. Pick related is more appealing to me.

Attached: 532866-the-best-mechanical-keyboards-february-2017-update-das-keyboard-4-professional.jpg (740x288, 31K)

>her
Stop, it's not a seaworthy vessel. It's a keyboard.

Jesus user, I never even noticed that. I need to get away from the fucking keyboards. Shit's getting to me.

Spoonfed me, Jow Forums. What's the consensus on optical switches?

Attached: 1542011262365.png (852x1136, 1.63M)

they don't make a difference

>days
This is major shit taste

anything about pro/cons?

don't bother with them unless you really want an optical switch

Are box navies tiring for long typing sessions?

Cute keyboard incoming!!

Excellent tactility and feel, but a bit too heavy in my opinion, which is the reason why I chose Jades in the end

What did you say about my keyboard?

>RGB
wew

Attached: IMG_20181125_0913253_2.jpg (4056x2704, 1.98M)

Did you ordered kit? Whats included there?

Where can I find usbc magnetic cables? Except ebay

No, it's my own design that I'm testing at the moment. Got a few dev boards to find any issues with it and get the firmware added. After that I'll have kits on gboards.ca

Honestly just wanted a SMD ergodox desu

Attached: 47028547_257559668244032_5641363488015122432_n.jpg (480x430, 42K)

AliExpress

There is only for phones it seems

So, just get one

>black aluminum case with your choice of caps looks like a cheap toy
?
You get whatever caps you want, dumb child

Are there any cheap boards I can get with brown switches? I'd prefer TKL or smaller. Cherry or clone equivalents are fine. Ordering from Canada. Thanks.

Attached: large_1271_gateronbrown.jpg (1200x800, 120K)

If you're looking for just switches switchsource is pretty hype and Canadian

mines have an acrylic bottom side, i sleep with it flipped and it acts as night lamp so the bad people wont attack me.

You might be like Tada68

Well I'm looking for a completed board. But I'll keep that in mind if I ever want to do a build, thanks.

>Gergo edition
where do I find out more? this looks very close to the form factor I want/need

Attached: Just try Colemak.jpg (713x986, 232K)

>gboards.ca
>not open hardware
aww man ):

high level cringe, another kid that thinks lain is some deep dark edgy complex anime. Just realise how cringy you look.

I got the CM MK750 with Cherry Blues, and I'm very happy so far. It does have the logo somewhat prominent on the wristrest, but otherwise it's pretty sexy.

How would one go about changing the keys around on a mechanical?

Does this require switching the keys *AND* firmware around?

How do?

Just go into the windows keyboard settings and change the layout.

I usually just use PKL (Portable Keyboard Layout). Doesn't require any install and has a handy on-screen layout image that can really help in the beginning.

sourceforge.net/projects/pkl/files/Standalone Layouts/

Attached: Colemak_fingers.png (730x243, 6K)

Windows doesn't have Colemak installed by default. You have to do it manually, or just use PKL.

workman > colemak >> dvorak >>> qwerty

Workman is fine but there is literally no community for it. Also it changes the location of "C" and that's just irritating.

>no community for it
other layouts have communities? what could I possibly be missing out on?

I mean, there is at least a Colemak forum and Discord that is somewhat active. As you know learning a new layout is not easy, so when you don't feel as alone it helps you stick to it.

idk man, playing with keybr.com for a week or two (it has workman support) before switching made things relatively easy

I guess it's more of a time thing. But there are a lot of good tools to speed up the process.

>keyboard layouts have communities
And here I though this scene couldn't get anymore autistic.

And why wouldn't they? There are communities for learning new languages. Maybe it is you who is the autistic one.

If it was a serious community then where are their headquarters whether a physical or digital location? How do they get together whether for lobbying or sharing information. A group of people circle jerking about a layout isn't a community, it's a fetish. Stenography at least has schools and teachers which gives it some credibility to be a community.

Yea you are definitely the autistic one.

Here is a good definition of community that fits what I am trying to say:

2. "a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals."

Its not perfect or anything, but for the price I can't really complain and it appears to fit standard keycaps. Its a Rosewill RK-9300BR.

>I'm an adult the thread

Why are there scrotum skin printed on the pcb

is there a version of the tada68 with usb c?

My mechanical keyboard with Kailh red switches has started randomly double clicking recently. Is this likely to be a problem with the keyboard, or some Windows crap, or just early signs of parkinson's?
I'd hate to buy a new keyboard only to find that it does the same thing.

Attached: 1528887036533.jpg (686x576, 37K)

Is that a serious question? Of course it's the keyboard.

I like it.

Spilled a considerable amount of coffee on my Model M keyboard. Unplugged it instantly. got rid of excess coffee with paper towels. Its not on the radiator to dry..

Is it fucked? Anything else I can do?

I really don't want to go back to Cherry mx switches Id rather buy a £10 rubber dome.

what choices do i have if i want kailh box white switches?

Just make sure it is 100% dry before plugging it in again. Idk it's finished or not, but if it is then yea... I too enjoy a good rubber dome, even a cheap one if I'm honest. I use a Logitech K120 when I don't feel like being noisy with my Cherry Blues.

What could be causing it, though? I doubt it's wear, since some rarely used ones do it fairly often too.

I really don't know sorry.

Thank you user, much appreciated

Is every gaming keyboard fucking shit?

My brother got one for 70 bucks, outemu switches, started acting weird in a couple of months.
I got a Magicforce, gateron browns, 47 bucks, working perfectly.

Just replace the shit switches with some good ones.

Outemu is garbage so it makes sense.

>he still thinks that the "gaming" label refers to good and useful products
>he doesn't know the basic rules of marketing

In the world of mechanical keyboard the only three factors that define "quality" are the switches, the materials and the firmware: gaming-oriented keyboards usually lack in all these three areas, so I'm no impressed by the comparison you've just made

Magicforce isn't any better.

>Implying

Do you think I didn't warn him?
I've never bought anything with a gaming tag in my life, I'm a huge jew.

There's plenty of better stuff, but not for the price I paid.

True but it's still better than the other keyboard he has mentioned, I presume: Magicforce has gateron switches at least

You did your job as a good and responsible onii-chan.

That is true.

Poorfag on chink UnionBest Blue here.
I want to switch for something more quiet. I've already tried MX and Gateron Browns. Actuation force was perfect for me but they felt too mushy.
What kind of switches can give me similar weight (~45g) but stronger tactile feeling?

Attached: thinking_on_thinkpad.png (600x450, 227K)

Topre 45g, Kailh BOX Brown (50g), Kailh Brown, Kailh Speed Copper (50g) and Hako Royal Clears (50g).
The choice between them entirely depends on your budget and on the availability on your area.

There’s not really a point until I get the thing tested :(

It’s a bunch of dev samples. Chill. Other ideas batted around included a Giant Fuckin’ Penis and radical Jesus.

Dithering, if you squint it kind makes greyscale with the silkscreen!

>relearning keyboard warrior no looking typemode
pfft took me 20 yrs to do this mate fuggoff

Thx. So basically Kailh is a way to go. I'll try to get tester from china to check them out.

this the pukest post I ever read

why?

kbdfans.cn/products/tactile-switches-tester
KBDFans makes some of the best tactile switches around, in my opinion. The only ones that are missing here are Topre, but everything else is basically there.

>switches
Sorry, I meant to write "switch tester"

Exactly this. Doesn't matter how much user spams that image, fuck off people at work are impressed I can type while looking out the window.

I'm not going to give up on my WPM and efficiency over a more convenient layout in the hopes that , someday, my WPM goes even higher.

It's not so much about speed. It's just very comfortable to use.

It's a combination of speed, comfort, and the ability to type while looking elsewhere. The tradeoff is just too big imo.

I'll admit, if you have no problem with qwerty, just stick to it. But learning Colemak, or any other optimized layout is kind of a fun challenge.

If you don't want to lose your qwerty typing ability, it is still recommended to use it for like 15 minutes a day, preferably at the start of your day.

Hi there. I am a minimalist. My interests include customizing my Linux desktop, changing my keyboard keycaps and changing the keyboard layout. It's a fun challenge and will really kickstart your day.

I spend 6 hours looking for a wallpaper that shows who I am or find one which fits my current mood.

I like to end my day of doing nothing with a long youtube and anime session before mummy and daddy come home from workies.

>There’s not really a point until I get the thing tested :(
so you're saying it's gonna be open hardware eventually? hell yes

Changing your keyboard layout is not for the faint of heart, it takes dedication and hard work. That's why most give up after the first hour or less.

e

Attached: file.png (878x432, 677K)

buy a pack of the actual switches, build your own keeb

Just how good are Ducky boards? There's a return on mk that I might get if my current board doesn't pan out.

They're 8/10 keyboards. Personally I'd get a leopold which are 9/10, or if you want something cheaper you can get a cooler master with PBT keycaps which are 7/10 keyboards.

I had a Ducky with browns that I sent back. I didn't want a backlight, and I wasn't huge fan of the switches. I got the CM MasterKeys PBT L with Blues and I am happy now.

If you can get it for cheap go for it. They're good keyboards, but the problem is that they only come with cherry switches.

Well, I'm trying out a Rosewill with Cherry Browns since I generally prefer all brown switches.Probably wouldn't have went with that MFG, but at $50 I can take a gamble. But like I said, its a good price and still comes in browns. So if this one doesn't work out, I might just return that and order it.

kbdfans doesn't make any switches.