Why havent you sprayed WD40 on that noisy case/laptop fan?

Why havent you sprayed WD40 on that noisy case/laptop fan?

Attached: wd-40-spray-500x500.png (453x500, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WD-40: $3 and not designed for that use
New laptop fan: $4 shipped.

Used it all on your moms cunt last night

>WD40
>not designed for something
u wot m8?

top söy

fucking retard

Every use case you can think of for WD40 - BOOM - it's been designed for it

It is meant to clean and dissolve, it won't oil the fan in the long run, imbecile. You need a lithium or teflon oil for that. You people are absolutely retarded

WD40 ain't lube you fucking retard

Off yourself

It is now

fuck off retard

Attached: images_1.jpg (550x543, 24K)

How can you know it's not a lube if you don't use it as lube? You need tobe more open-minded

How about you spray wd-40 in your vagina, get raped by a pack of niggers and then tell us if it worked.

Clearly because WD-40 belongs on

Go to a dollar store, it's like 2 dollars for a small bottle, and it'll last a while.

/diy/ sent me here, they want their WD40 back

wd40 is not a lubricant dumbass. it's for (W)ater (D)isplacement

I just take the fan apart and pack some grease into the bearing. Usually doesn’t last long but it’ll shut the fucking thing up until I can get a new fan. If it’s really bad I just unplug the fan and let shit run hot for a bit

Fuck off to edgelord

wheremst doesth one sprayth it sir OPPPPP

Attached: 1457504709006.gif (499x499, 2.41M)

if you want to lubricate something, use 3-in-1 oil... if you want to remove water before lubricating, or dislodge rust, use wd-40... followed by 3-in-1 to make it lubricated and prevent further rust

Attached: 61VKqkIMr4L._SY445_.jpg (223x445, 15K)

this is WD-40 lubricant

For fans, you remove the sticker on the hub, and put a drop of 3-in-1 oil in the "oil pore"; you are supposed to do it regularly. If you wait until the fan makes noise, the bearings are shot, and it won't help very much.

I might consider this on my shot gpu fan
Guess a dab silicon grease wont hurt
Oil on a bearing foesnt last any time

because grown-ups have wd40 and OTHER oils, retard

I did. A fan inside the power supply was noisy and hard to access. A squirt of WD-40 later and noise is gone. Box states it is compatible with electrical equipment. Can confirm.

The lubrication will go away fast. You are retarded

>he doesnt know about wd40 as cutting fluid

>Why havent you sprayed WD40 on that noisy case/laptop fan?
WD stands for water displacement, not lube like KY JELLY.
>WD40 ain't lube you fucking retard
It amazes me people don't know this, it'll do the exact opposite of lube.
Good luck using that shit, it may contain acetone or other similar bullshit, get a real lube.
>I did. A fan inside the power supply was noisy and hard to access. A squirt of WD-40 later and noise is gone. Box states it is compatible with electrical equipment. Can confirm.
It's all fun and games till your house spontaneously combusts, go buy some lube and repeat the process, do it right, this isn't of them magic crystal threads where you wake up handcuffed to a hospital bed and a cop in the same room watching you.

WD40 is only useful as the "going nuclear" method of cleaning grease off your hands. Don't doo this too often, can't be good for your skin, but it sure as hell beats any garage soap in speed and effectiveness.

>WD40 is only useful as the "going nuclear" method of cleaning grease off your hands. Don't doo this too often, can't be good for your skin, but it sure as hell beats any garage soap in speed and effectiveness.
Why not just go full retard and use gasoline or acetione? YEA!

It will remove what little was left of the original lubricant and turn it into rattling piece of shit within a day. Get a new fan or disassemble and apply fresh solid lubricant.

Gasoline followed by soap, perfect cleaning.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40
>The long-term active ingredient is a non-volatile viscous oil which remains on the surface to which it is applied, giving lubrication and protection from moisture.

>But WD stands for water displacement!
and that stops it from being a lubricant? Water displacing and lubrication are mutually exclusive properties?

It's a degreaser, not a lube. It leaves a residue that functions as lube for a while, but it's not lube. If you spray wd40 on your computer, the degreaser is going to literally climb and spread around and fuck up any grease it can find. Including thermal paste.

how about paint thinner followed by soap and 2 hours session in xray?

I use thick engine oil just a drop on the fan bearing clears it right up fixed 10+ years old fans in my case this way

You can also use ketchup and cum as thermal paste, doesn't mean you should