Can we all agree Vue is good?

Can we all agree Vue is good?

Attached: 523235532253.jpg (900x550, 20K)

Any good tutorials on Vue ?

>js
>good
No, thank you.

It’s good for my bank account. But seriously, it’s a comfy framework. It’s like all the good parts of angularjs and react rolled into one.

web dev is a cucked af domain ruled by baseddevs

Its the sweet spot from vanilla javascript and bloated frameworks like angular

I like it

It's the best we've got, which is really unfortunate. It's at least not infuriating to work in like React, but it's still javashit with all the fundamental javashit problems.

Pure cuckery.

>but it's still javashit with all the fundamental javashit problems

I thank that it uses a lot of JS cause you can just use VUE + Node and then wrap it in Electron if you want a dekstop app without having to use 50 different programming languages

You're the problem m8, and you'll be first against the wall when revolution begins.

Lel you are going to see JS in literally every kind of tech related thing you do and you are gonna like it or you will HAVE to like it.

Vue.js is good.
But,
Riot.js is better

>js in medical devices
>in avionics
>in factory automation
Nah. I work in the field of real engineering, not internet of shit crud apps. Literally nobody who works on anything of substance will touch JavaScript. Protip: Nothing the big tech companies are doing right now actually benefits humanity, and people are slowly figuring that out.

it sure is less retarded than angular or react, but applies

Wow. You’re ignorant.
Javascript is not great, but it was necessary. It had to be built, and was done so extremely quickly.

Javascript is like English: It doesn’t always make logical sense, but our civilization literally depends on it. WebAssembly allows people to create web apps without javascript, but it still has a long way to come before javascript is irrelevant.

Communication is the single most important thing to people. The internet is the best communcation tool we have, and it’s built on javascript. Get over it.

There is literally nothing wrong with JS post ES6

JavaScript was never necessary. It was added to Netscape as a checkbox feature. Back then it wasn't even useful. The reason why it hasn't been replaced is because browser vendors are awful about having pissing contests over nothing. But now that webasm is here the days of js are seriously numbered. Direct DOM manipulation is the last remaining thing to implement, and the js train will be coasting on no power after that point.
And our civilization does not depend on JavaScript lol. That badge belongs to C and a handful of other systems languages. Shitty webapps are merely an annoying "convenience" of the current age.

>Communication is the single most important thing to people. The internet is the best communcation tool we have, and it’s built on javascript. Get over it.
Hurts to think someone actually wrote that.

This

>But now that webasm is here
Lmao

>mfw (You) called my based

Attached: 837e6617bb078fa2408875bf1b67efe8[1].jpg (500x698, 44K)

>Web Assembly

This piece of shit is dead already, there are millions of people using and learning JS why would they switch to fucking C or even worse C++ of all the languages

Attached: 214141241.jpg (480x480, 22K)

You're not going to be compiling C into webassembly. You'll be using decent higher languages. Right now C# is going full bore into it with blazor (rip your deployment size until they figure out how to shake the fuck out of that tree), but there will be more, and there will be languages specifically designed to build into webasm. Things will be getting a lot better very soon.
>there are millions of people using and learning JS
Millions of retard codemonkeys you mean. Their contributions are worthless. Javashitters have given us negate progress in the CS/SE field.

You right. That was ignorant of me.
I should’ve said that all browser infrastructure is built on JS.

You also right. But, the web is still very important. Many people depend on it.

Alls I’m tryna say is that JS isn’t worthless. It’s very relevant. It’s valuable to know.

I mean hell, without it, we couldn’t be having this shitty discussion.

>You'll be using decent higher languages
Like JS? Lmao.

>Civilization depends on JavaScript
>The internet was built on JavaScript
Imagine being this fucked in the head

Attached: WknwFL0.jpg (486x592, 49K)

>

>You'll be using decent higher languages
It defeats its purpose then, imagine the thousands or more that will code with wasm using Python, its a tragedy in the making

> real engineering
> Python, it’s a tragedy in the making

You guys are so autistic. Low level programming is great, but it’s not a silver bullet.

The web is necessary, you’re using it right now. And it’s dumb to use low level languages when it’s overkill.

Python is great for science and math.

You guys are narrow minded af

The thing is if you think about it why the fuck would you need low-level WASM

Like you can port Sketchup to the web, great, but why the fuck can't i just download the client instead. I will be able to use, i don't know, Adobe Photoshop in the browser, amazing, i can just download it and have the same shit right now. Everything i will be able to do with Wasm on the web i can do right now on my PC .

Attached: 1538423458478.jpg (487x496, 102K)

All dynamically typed languages are garbage. Collect yourself.

Are you fucking retarded? You can make an imageboard easily with NO js. You do realize we had communications before JavaScript right? You do know that Usenet, IRC and Email predate it by decades right? You do know that browsers themselves are written in real languages, right?

Like any language with a decent type system.

Fuck that. Give me Elm. Hell, give me Golang. I'll even take C# with the 30MB cached runtime.

Python's problem isn't being a high level language, it's not having a good type checker. This is fine as long as you never write a typing bug. Realistically on big projects you'll end up writing reams of unit tests to substitute for a type checker. Python is used in science and math because you can import awesome science and math modules written in C, and scientists and mathematicians are basically always writing straightforward procedural code.

>ah well you'd better put up with it??? like, haters gonna hate???
Are you a 16yo girl?
The fact that it's popular and widespread doesn't make it good or suitable for all applications. That's as dumb as claiming you will make an enterprise ready CMS in x86 assembly or making a real time kernel driver in Lua.

Redpilled

pilled and baseredded

>Like any language with a decent type system.
Good thing you can use TypeScript and compile that to webAssembly and it actually werks

by the time Wasm will be actually usable people will already have it figured out how they can use it to boost JS performance

Attached: 1541225819065.jpg (443x455, 96K)

It’s easier to build cross-browser, than cross-platform. It’s faster web. It doesn’t need to be js.

Equivalent argument: No. You’re garbage.

>It’s easier to build cross-browser, than cross-platform

Doesn't change jackshit cause you still will have to change the UI for mobile and most PC optimized software will run like dogshit if at all with wasm on a mobile

I'm manually allocated. Get collected, fag.

>.js

Attached: 1514551517525.gif (320x240, 1019K)

Based Andy did a great job at making the language semi-salvagable, but I'd personally rather not use it if there are alternatives. The ability to any anything and ignore the type checker is the only reason why javashitters will agree to use it, and they just abuse the shit out of the feature. I want nothing to do with their ecosystem.

>It’s easier to build cross-browser, than cross-platform.
This is only true for GUI applications. CLI software and backends are easy to deploy cross platform in most languages these days.
>Equivalent argument: No. You’re garbage.
Dynamic typing is a scourge. You always need to consider your types, even if they're dynamic, so the mental load for a static type system is negligible. The only thing you're saving is keystrokes, which you trade for the huge world of benefit a good type checker provides. If your wpm is your development bottleneck then you're either a quadriplegic or the fastest developer in the world.

Absolutely this.