Rate my build Jow Forums

Rate my build Jow Forums
PSU: Antec NE550M
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AX370m-DS3h
RAM: Corsair DDR 4 8x2 3000 CL15
Case: No name case but all the reviews are positive about it, airflow is good and it is a good size[Pic related]
SSD: Kingston 240gb [Taken from my old machine]
HDD: WD 3.0tb 7200 64mb Enterprise [Pulled] with a 1 years warranty.
GPU: Palit RTX 2070 Gamingpro 8gb

My build is on a budget and I am taking advantage of Black Friday sales and other bundles to purchase this machine. the sale ends tomorrow so I have little time to decide
So I need your help Jow Forums you are savior.

Attached: xDQxSK8hNQ (1).jpg (800x510, 21K)

looks good
go for it

Poor motherboard choice.

All the rest looks fine though.

what's wrong with gigabyte?
or is it the specific model
I have the Z270X-UD5

Attached: boss.jpg (640x849, 96K)

I know it might not be the best, but it was part of the Black Friday deal, I could upgrade it to another Gigabyte x370 Mobo but anything else and the price would raise significantly

I'd suggest staying the fuck away from Gigabyte boards. Bought one years ago, it was DOA. Their customer subbort is absolutely fucking horrid, seriously worse than you can even imagine.

When I returned it, I bought an Asus instead and it was fantastic. Worked perfectly out of the box. Even when my machine accidentally got rained on a bit when I was moving, the board survived just fine.

Did a new build this summer, 2600X/16GB/1050Ti (don't play many games). Decided to go with the Aorus X370 because the price was right, and fuck I regret it. The BIOS is like somebody rolled dice to decide where each setting should be. For some mysterious reason, it refuses to boot from a flash drive, too (thankfully I have a DVD drive so it wasn't a huge problem). I have B-die but I still had to fuck with the BIOS to get my RAM running at the correct speed.

The specific model. Many motherboards have trash VRMs, such as the one you picked.
Motherboards with good VRMs are as follows(motherboards which were not labelled "No clockgen" might still not have a clockgen; I only put that note for motherboard that I know don't have clockgen):

(Decent)
Asus X370-F Gaming (No Clockgen)
Asus Prime X370/X470 (No Clockgen)

(Good)
Asus Crosshair 6 Hero
Asus Crosshair 6 Extreme
Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Tin-Foil Hat warning: Have in-built rootkit in the BIOS, but turned off by default. It has the same feature as what many Asus Z390 motherboards have, and various media outlets have said it is not GDPR compliant and malware bla bla bla. Info for those who care)
Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5 (NOT K5)
Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K7
AsRock X370 Taichi
AsRock X370 Fatal1ty Professional Gaming
AsRock X470 Taichi
Asus X470-F Gaming (No Clockgen)
Gigabyte X470 Aorus 7

You may wish to check out hardwareluxx.de/Buildzoid for more information regarding the VRMs. Typically, an integrated Powerstage will be more efficient than discrete MOSFETs. For motherboards with discrete MOSFETs, you may also wish to take note not only of the maximum current rating, but also the Rds(on). Asus lower-end boards with Vishay SiRA12s on the low side have insanely high Rds(on).

Lack of Clockgen = Terrible time with BCLK overclocking. If you intend to go BCLK overclocking then Clockgen is a must.

If you want the best entry-level motherboards with decent VRMs, look into the MSI Mortar/Tomahawk. Even if you don't plan to overclock, keep in mind that investing on a good motherboard with nice VRMs will allow the board to handle future Ryzens with more cores.

Get a black high airflow case. Get a rx 580 instead and upgrade to amds next flagship later.

When you get it, install gentoo

I love Asus products just like you but sadly the only X370 Asus mobo available is double the price of said Gigabyte motherboard

here.

I suggest you sell that crappy motherboard ASAP and actually get a good one. However, if you don't intend in upgrading and stuff it may be fine.

absolute poor people build/10

MSI X370/X470 mid range motherboards are great.

Yep....
It's the only x370 motherboard priced decently.

UD line is budget. Absolutely OK for normal use. retarded """"overclockers""" screech on YT about MUH VRM and every retard thinks they're shit now. it's like with spergs buying AIOs for their 8700k without delidding the CPU.
tldr it's absolutely fine unless you're an overclocker gaymur subhuman

Holy shit, that's a way bigger price difference than it was in the summer. I have a friend who's had a pretty positive experience with MSI boards, maybe they're worth looking at.

Pic related is the reason I chose Gigabyte motherboard.
Not many choices available and the price difference is huge

Attached: Mobos.png (1584x664, 108K)

only relevant for people who want to overclock to the extreme. absolutely irrelevant for mid-range gaming setups like OP's

Also here is a list of available Asus motherboard.
See how the price ryze up

Attached: Asus motherboards.png (987x431, 64K)

gigabyte is a good choice. it's rock solid and very compatible with linux (if you ever wanted to leave the gaymur faggotry behind). GA are also best in class for hackintosh (but you're building an AMD machine so moot)
only retards screech about VRMs. they're the audiophiles of CPU building. VRMs only are of interest if you run everything way above spec for prologued periods of time (like "competitive" overclocker retards tend to do)

I bought into the 7700k meme, thinking that high individual core clock speeds is something worth getting. Did I screw up?

Attached: 8lz3nj8sgyh01.png (960x540, 312K)

>CPU building
s/CPU/PC/

>It's the only x370 motherboard priced decently.
Then don't get the X370 motherboard. This particular motherboard don't have PCIe bifurcation so it is pointless anyway. A B450 Tomahawk would be really the sweet spot.

>UD line is budget. Absolutely OK for normal use. retarded """"overclockers""" screech on YT about MUH VRM and every retard thinks they're shit now. it's like with spergs buying AIOs for their 8700k without delidding the CPU.

It may be fine for a 2600. How about the next generation Ryzen 2 CPUs which may have more cores? YouTuber UFD tech actually demonstrated a 9900K on a piece of crap Asus TUF B360 motherboard and the CPU is constantly throttling due to the throttling VRMs, with inductors hitting 105+ centigrade. Yes the 9900K sucks a lot of power. But so will a high core count Ryzen. The motherboard OP mentioned sucks, period.

If only VRMs are a meme. You cannot run a 9900K stock on a B360 stock without severe performance impacts. OP can save in the long run if he chooses a better motherboard for future upgrades to high core count Ryzen.

>B450
Cheapest B450 Asus motherboard is price 160% higher than X370 motherboard, do you think it's worth it?

If the price is right then go for it, I suppose.
Also, what the fuck currency is that?

Kike Currency

OP care to link the website? I will see what has the best VRMs at your price range

That board have none of the advantages of the X370 chipset, so may as well look into B350 and B450 at this point

No, all B450 Asus motherboards are trash. When you look into Budget you usually look into MSI, which have the best MOSFETs for this price point.

>may as well look into B350 and B450 at this poi
Wellcom.co.il, you can change the language to English.

>How about the next generation Ryzen 2 CPUs which may have more cores?
you buy another $70 mobo for that if there should be any problems? hell, maybe even it will run the next gen without problems. you advocate for spending now $50-$100 more jut in case a power hungry zen 2 might appear. that's premature optimization
>some turd tuber demonstrated an ass old budget mobo with a $700 top of the line CPU
wow, this of course improves my opinion of tech tubers
>The motherboard OP mentioned sucks, period.
but it's absolutely sufficient for what OP wants to achieve. and as OP's build looks like it had a budget why do you want him to waste money on hypotheticals?

>usually look into MSI, which h
The only MSI motherboard is a trashy one
MSI A320M PRO-VD PLUS

From what I understand from your post is that this motherboard is not great but is sufficient and won't give me problems, right?

does OP want to run a 9900k on anything? stop being a retard. you can also run a 9900k on "shit" VRMs if you don't want to overclock. yes, it's an "unlocked" (jew) CPU but unless OP states he wants to overclock a top of the line power hungry monster why are people trying to get him to throw away money on shit OP doesn't need?
it's like going to /o/ and shitposting OP should get ceramic sports brakes for his lada

>From what I understand from your post is that this motherboard is not great but is sufficient and won't give me problems, right?
correct. unless you want to overclock. but then you open another can of worms (esp with AMD) where you will need some luck to get RAM that won't fuck out on you.
if you just want a good mid range gaming setup (which I guess is what you want) you're perfectly fine with that mobo.

why not go to /pcbg/ you absolute monkey
why does this need a seperate thread

You don't know if you want to upgrade something, until you need to. $70 motherboard to run the next 10-12 core 3700X? Don't kid me; you will experience the same as what UFD tech experienced.

OK, the choices are really really limited, but according to hardwareluxx.de, the Gigabyte B350 Gaming which is also $303 have better VRMs:

The DS3H you chose has a 3 phase VRM(really terrible), with 3 discrete MOSFETs per phase (High side 4C10N, Low Side 2x 4C06N).

In contrast, the AB350 Gaming have 4 phase VRMs, with the same per-phase configuration of one 4C10N on the high side and 2 4C06N on the low side. The heatsink also appears to have much higher surface area.

>you can also run a 9900k on "shit" VRMs if you don't want to overclock.
You can technically run it, but performance is really bad, like 9600K tier. You clearly have not seen the UFD tech's video, not like you are bothered to anyway.

The DS3H have 3 phase VRMs. That's trash, and no damage control can save the motherboard from that configuration. In contrast the alternative option B350 Gaming have 4 phases of the same VRMs at the SAME PRICE, and also heatsinks with more surface area.

>AB350
There is
GIGABYTE GA-AB350-GAMING and
GIGABYTE GA-AB350-GAMING 3

First choice is priced the same as current mobo
Gaming 3 is price slightly higher but I can upgrade to it no problem
What do you recommend?

>$70 motherboard to run the next 10-12 core 3700X? Don't kid me; you will experience the same as what UFD tech experienced.
why do you think OP would want to switch from a mid range zen 1 to the absolute top end zen 2? sudden lottery winnings? heck, the guy seems to be on budget. he probably won't be getting a zen 2 anyway and will wait with an upgrade till zen 3. and then your "gud vrm" mobo will probably need to be replaced anyway.
if OP would want to upgrade to zen 2 for whatever (silly) reason it's pretty much certain he would get the mid range option again. in this case the current mobo would be absolutely enough as it's unlikely that the mid range zen 2 will need more power than a high end zen 1 CPU (which you can run, at base clock, with this mobo without any problems)
you people want to force your overclocker retard shit on a budget build. at this point I must assume you're trolling or are absolutely room temperature IQ level dumb and don't get the basic concept of financial constraints.

Both have identical VRM design. If there are features exclusive to the Gaming 3 board that you want, then pick up that board. Otherwise, don't bother.

>basic concept of financial constraints.
Yes, so that you get a 3 phase board for the same price as a 4 phase board. Well done.

>You clearly have not seen the UFD tech's video
uh yeah, nothing more fun than watching through 30 minutes of "i am smart because I know advanced lego and can spell VRM" asperger chants.
does OP want to run a 9900k tier CPU in his machine? no. so why bring up muh VRM in the first place? if this was a "guys I have money to burn pls gib me best build" post I would agree with you. but OP doesn't have money to burn so telling him that his absolutely sensible choice of a motherboard is very dishonest at best

yes, that's true. but for OP VRMs don't play any role. so they are irrelevant. a better way to argue would be to say "that other mobo has a USB-C slot more for the same price" (just an example, no idea about USB slots).
my point is that he UD line is very stable and well supported. it's a very common model so it's unlikely OP will have any kind of bad surprises with it. yes, the VRMs might be shit in a scenario where you put a lot of power through the board but OP's build won't have this problem.

I want a case like that to be honest. Orange and white.

You obviously cherry pick my posts; let me break it down for you because you don't get it:

Initially, I was not aware of OP's country, so I just recommended a larger range of motherboards, including MSI B350/B450 motherboards(which are really affordable in the US). The X370-DS3H does not make sense as a product at almost any price point, unless it is literally as cheap as A320 motherboards. Being a motherboard with 3 phases and no option for PCIe lane splitting, you may as well get the even cheaper A320 motherboards, which there are--go look at OP's link. By extension of your logic, OP probably don't need 4 DIMM slots anyway.

>so why bring up muh VRM in the first place?
It speaks of a motherboard's quality. It's a really simple concept that you do not seem to grasp.

>OP doesn't have money to burn
Did I say "Oh Get the Crosshair 7 which can deliver 500A or bust"? Obviously not. However, there are better options at the same price point. You are not looking at the price list, and hence you don't know.

>...wait with an upgrade till zen 3. and then your "gud vrm" mobo will probably need to be replaced anyway.
Why are you projecting this hard? If the VRMs are good enough, then it WILL RUN a Ryzen 3 no problem. AM4 is supported until 2020.

You are claiming I am trolling, but your lack of understanding of the topic really shows.

>yes, that's true. but for OP VRMs don't play any role. so they are irrelevant. a better way to argue would be to say "that other mobo has a USB-C slot more for the same price" (just an example, no idea about USB slots).

It does, when the VRM phases drops below 4.

>my point is that he UD line is very stable and well supported. it's a very common model so it's unlikely OP will have any kind of bad surprises with it. yes, the VRMs might be shit in a scenario where you put a lot of power through the board but OP's build won't have this problem.

Gigabyte's UD line is no longer the UD5/UD7 boards of the yesteryears; they, just like Asus TUF, have their branding and reputation dragged across the mud.