Linux Tier

Most popular distro, rated.
(Probably should have not included Red Hat and Kali, since they are more "specific")

Attached: linux_distro_tier.png (1028x806, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1651264
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RHEL 8 beta has been such a bad experience that I've lost most of my trust in Red Hat

You gotta create a hipster/boomer tier and add in Slackware and whatnot.

Whatever works for you is the best Linux distro. Stop with the autism.

why?
>68709958
Nice idea.

Fedora here, since school forces me to. :^)

or maybe not using shit like Manjaro and Kubuntu which are bad choices nom matter what?
Fine if you use Ubuntu, fine if you use Gentoo but those distro on shit tier are really BAD. Deepin and Mint has/had privacy issues, AntergOS is not really Arch at that point, Majaro is does not update their packages and

>Uses pamac as an AUR helper while giving the user no knowledge of how to properly use the AUR. Additionally, in the blog post explaining how to install pamac the developer advises using pacman -Sy to install it. This is explicitly warned against in the arch wiki as it can break your system.

>no slackware
>no void
>no centos
>multiple flavors of Ubuntu in the same chart
>elementary in low tier
>red hat in top tier
shit taste and shit thread, kill yourself.

>why?
Stuff that really should be working by default is shipped in a broken state. One of many examples: bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1651264

I'd like to complement your commentary. You forgot to criticize how Kubuntu is broken. There's nothing wrong with KDE, I actually really like it but, if you want something Ubuntu based and with KDE you should definitely use KDE Neon.

Well, it's a beta. That doesn't mean they won't fix it.
>NASA and many business companies uses Red Hat.,
These are just the most popular distro. All those Ubuntu flavours deserves to be in high tier, they are good and beginner-friendly and most popular choiches. CentOS high, forgot about it.

Yes, that's why is in Shit Tier. You should just use KDE Neon anyway since it's more updated and better overall

>Well, it's a beta.
This is absolutely bread-and-butter basic shit.
Even the tiniest amount of internal quality assurance would've discovered this before they chucked it over the fence.

Ubuntu is the best because it's the quickest to install and to get fully up and running. Linux isn't worth spending hours installing and configuring.

Manjaro needs to be lower. Like, create a new level of bad just for Manjaro.

God I hate that fucking distro.

Also openSUSE and also any other flavours of Ubuntu, that means nothing.

And you are right about that, but that doesn't mean (for now) that is a necessary "bad" distro.

Something is missing...
>God tier: nixos
slackware is meh, you might as well just go with lfs and choose package manager of your choice
void is trash
centos is just redhat without support
the ubantos there just underline how shit linux in general is
elementary is nigger-tier and a disgrace
redhat actually is quite comfy, as demonstrated by your complain about centos missing

>Linux isn't worth spending hours installing and configuring.
the point of linux is to configure it for your esoteric needs.

Attached: T5.png (836x1200, 545K)

>hurr durr a beta ships broken software
>durr durr
it's fucking nothing

THIS. Literally why I switched to it for my server, it allows more than Windows.

As far as I understand, Windows must have a mature and developed equivalent to bash, but bash in linux is so fucking nice and powerful.

> mature
Powershell is like esperanto: made up, complex and unnatural language.

>use a beta
>surprised it's bad
Oh, user...

Not the quickest

I guess that's what the advantage is to develop a system based on UNIX an old as fuck OS. You inherit decades of work of matured and polished commands.

>god tier
GNU approved distros + slackware + gentoo + alpine + void
>high tier
Arch + debian
>normal tier
*buntu, neon, antergos
>absolutely shit tier
manjaro (if you are too much of a brainlet to install arch, then install antergos)

Attached: start-gentoo-box-on-docker-waiting-for-emerge-update-deep-with-bdepsy-world.jpg (500x560, 122K)

what about fedora and centos?

>then install antergos
What makes it better?

unless your needs include software thats exclusive to the windows platform

>Low Tier: Kubuntu
after 18.04 LTS? no dear user. at least it provides 32bit libraries

linux was never intended to be used in desktop applications. guifags are delusional.

>ubuntu above anything
unironcially kys you fucking retard

>high
>arch
>kali
>fedora
>debian
Nope.
>gentoo isn't in gentoo tier
Why?
>those many flavors of ubuntu
WHY?!?

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS + Linux 4.19.x + Mesa 19 is a bretty smooth experience op.

> top tier are all system d
I threw up a bit

Manjaro needs to be moved to the top.

>t. couldn't install arch

But I'm running Arch right now?

whats wrong with manjaro

no centos?

i couldnt install arch and used manjaro did i fuck up

sadly yes, you miss out on many factors that contribute to the Arch experience. you still get the aur, and a reasonably stable bleeding edge rolling release though, which are around 2/3 of Arch for me.

>other ubuntu flavors are in high tier
>kubuntu is in shit tier
kys retard

i got the base arch installed i just was too much of a brainlet to get kde to install on my vm is there hope for me

god tier is literally perfect here, might as well throw in CRUX as well. good post

I'm very underwhelmed by Xubuntu desu

I never understand the Manjaro hate here - is because you like to waste your weekends installing Arch over and over? I got shit to do

>beta
>hurrr is bad waaah
if you want something new then go Fedora fucktard. why would you use Red Hat if not for the supported release? beta is for devs and testers.
also OP is retarded. Ubuntu is all over the place depending on the DE, what the fuck? Fedora, Red Hat, Debian, etc. All have different fucking DE's on different images.
KYS FUCKING RETARD

yes. I went back to Manjaro from Arch because it already had all the packages I wanted and didn't feel the need to install hundreds of packages one at a time just to impress Jow Forums.

Is shit because Arch is shit, nothing to be impressed about. Also the layer of pajeetarianism from the devs helps to make it even more shittier and unstable, security nor stability is their focus they just want to spoonfeed retards who want to install am already shit distro. That's the problem with Manjaro. Also you gain nothing from using it, in work servers use Debian or Red Hat based distros, you learn at least to package what you develop on it and is useful and there are scripts for settings.
t. Manjaro subhuman

Tbh its subjective. I use Solus Gnome and it works for me. I don't mind using an underdog. Then again everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Attached: bc92419f281c44c7c01a0af33cf84f7a.png (1000x1200, 633K)

10/10
Good job OP
I RARELY AGEEE WITH THINGS
fuck manjaro and mint

Void’s total lack of documentation should knock it down into Normal tier.

He has gentoo in top tier.

What went wrong with installing KDE? You can find instructions on how to install the desktop environment all over the internet.

>kali top tier
Nope

>puts Kubuntu below garbage like red hat, fedora and ubuntu
wew you are retarded

>fedora and red hat in the same tier
that's got to be wrong, fedora is the testing grounds for red hat

>Ubunti MATE
irony

Kali shouldn't even be there. It's not a desktop distro for your daily driver. The only people who talk about it here are 1337 teenz who think they are hax0rz.

this list is such horseshit on so many levels, kys

Attached: derp.png (1028x806, 71K)

>arch
>debian
>high tier
Negative.

I agree with you user. Kudos.

neon over kubuntu. Why?

He's retarded.

> kubuntu
> shit tier
Are you posting from 2016?

Fixed it

Attached: 1543504509498.png (1028x806, 61K)

Mint worse than Xubuntu? How come?

Genuine question, why is Arch top-tier, but Manjaro, which is based on Arch is shit-tier. Someone explain this.

Isn't neon kubuntu with more up-to-date Plasma shit?

why

Don't mind him, he's been seething over Manjaro for quite some time now.

ESR uses normal Ubuntu, and Linus uses normal Fedora.

>Ubuntu above mint
>Opensuse above anything

Jesus Christ what a trainwreck

>GUI client...
Yikes.. y-you don't actually use that d-do you, user?

Attached: 1541441592295.png (1393x790, 302K)

>top tier
>debian

>high and mid tier
>ubuntu and flavours

>shit tier
>mint

What the fuck are you doing here? The less things work the better? Are you that autistic? Did you even use Ubuntu, Xubuntu and Ubuntu MATE and compare them to Mint Cinnamon/Xfce/MATE? Jesus fuck Mint Xfce is so above and beyond Xubuntu it's unbelievable.
Mint is definitely top tier for a desktop OS.

Ubuntu LTS, because I want a working PC. If I want to learn Linux, I use Virtual Box with Debian virtual machine.

Does anyone here actually use linux for work? Pissed that I have to use windows, why hasn't the world switched to footbuntu yet

I honestly don't get all the Manjaro hate. It's a perfectly fine distro. The reason why I think people hate it is because it makes installing Arch easy and that attracts REEEEEEEEE NORMIIIIEEES.

> top tier: kali fedora opensuse
> high tier: 100% UBUNTU
> solus and manjaro in shit tier
hope you don't mind me asking, but do you happen to be pic related?

Attached: kaliuser.gif (874x492, 2.71M)

What's wrong with Mint?

I develop on a macbook. I've only ever used virtual linux boxes.

What's the point of using debian based distros when RedHat distros exist? If you're gonna use poettering spyware you might as well go all in and avoid the acne riddled "community" driven shit-distros.
>inb4 I only know how to use apt

Attached: poettering-gay.jpg (1024x678, 123K)

For a desktop experience
>Normalfag tier (does not imply bad)
Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora
seriously, you can't go wrong with these
>Enthusiast tier
Arch, Gentoo, Debian minimal, Void, Slackware
These work too but not for a normie
>Shit tier
Manjaro, Linux Mint, elementary OS
Incompetent/shit devs
>Doesn't matter tier
Usually useless forks of the above or obscure shit with dead community