Microsoft might switch to AMD chips in the future

>Sams also hints at a growing frustration between Microsoft and Intel. Like other PC makers, Microsoft is waiting on Intel to finally ship its 10nm processors. Intel’s new chips are supposed to launch in 2019, despite rumors they’ve been canceled. Microsoft could be looking to AMD as an alternative, as Sams notes an AMD-based Surface Laptop could be released in late 2019. Microsoft is reportedly considering using AMD Picasso chips
theverge.com/2018/11/29/18117584/microsoft-surface-studio-monitor-2020-release-date-rumors

Attached: wake me up.png (898x950, 886K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What about their interest in ARM? Will it become another meme?

They give a shit about ARM because both AMD and Intel shitted in the bed. Now AMD may get better they'll drop the ARM meme

Problem with going arm is the whole point of surface is ANY windows program works.

arm is a meme

hehe I read Minecraft first :-D

no, no, no!

Attached: intel delid.jpg (682x787, 136K)

its the beginning of the e-end bros...

Attached: 1501491714987.jpg (638x599, 123K)

final solution to the intel question soon.

You guys can meme all you want now, but if AMD becomes the industry leader they'll adopt the same anti competitive tactics you hate intel for.

ARM has shit IO and it can't be used for anything outside mobile crap.

Say that again, kiddo.

Attached: juno features.png (750x767, 686K)

Why would you pretend that I/O facilities have anything at all with the ISA to do?

Not him, but x86 has more direct IO instructions than v8 ARM.

>USB 2
>Gen 2 PCIe

kek it is 2007 again

You mean the utterly useless, obsolete and deprecated IN and OUT instructions?

ARM fags are fucking delusional

>cries in thumb instructions

Show us an ARM processor that can beat a dual socket AMD EPYC 7601 based system

That's when you switch back to Intel.

Nevar forget. Cry evrytiem.

Attached: AMDK12_678x452.jpg (678x381, 37K)

gimme Ryzen Surface Pro.

WHAT THE FUCK GUYS

DOESN'T MICROSOFT CARE ABOUT 1080P 244HZ GAYMING? RYZEN CAN'T DO THAT

REEEEEEEEEE

Is it going to be raven ridge?

>youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k&feature=youtu.be
has anybody watch this?
It talks about how Intel paid other companies to not use AMD

it's well known if you do some basic research on this.

israelis have no morals.

How's the power consumption on AMD's mobile gear?
Intel was always fine because they learned heaps from cellular atoms, but how does AMD do?

Four Apple A12's on a PCB the size of a credit card?

Is it going to be a semi-custom chip? Microsoft gets semi-custom chips for their Xbox division, it seems like AMD would make them a custom design if paid enough.

Slap current xbox chip to tablet and we are good to go.

>"No"

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 2.34.35 pm.png (601x192, 25K)

>ryzen surface
OH MY YES

Rumors are Pinnacle Ridge.

The success of the Switch could move Sony to rethink their portable strategy. Going x86 with the next psp could mean backwards compatibility with ps4 titles. AMD's semi custom would have to come up with an SoC that can compete with the Switch's sub 10watts power draw.

what an absolutely retarded fucking statement, what are you basing this on?

the switch uses a 3 year old Tegra X1 SoC and the only thing going for it is the GPU, the compute cores are utter dogshit
Ryzen laptop APUs are 15W sockets, node shrink and it's conceivable it'll be in a mobile device

I remember a chart with a comparison of the history of AMD/Intel. Even when they were comparable in market share it was always intel that sought an advantage through cutthroat tactics.