Why is the entire internet broken

Why is EVERY website requiring IE6, I mean Chrome?
It's almost impossible for me to browse the internet without opening chrome from time to time because some hipster developer doesn't know that other browsers exist.

Also on top of that, every "news" website that I open on my phone takes AGES to load when I have poor network connectivity, and not because the text is not loaded, it's because some other hipster developer thinks that you'll get 50mbps wifi in the middle of nowhere when you just want to check something very fast.
All of that java script has to load, then I have to wait for that entire __fancy, modern, kool__ CSS to load (fuckn' 1MB css file in extreme cases), then after all of that is done all of this hipster-query libraries have to start working and slowly download all of the images, then I get a notification with question about subscribing to some shit implementation of RSS, then I get notification about cookies in A FUCKING JAVASCRIPT FLOATING WINDOW THAT COVERS THE ENTIRE WEBSITE, then I have to close ANOTHER FUCKING JAVASCRIPT FLOATING WINDOW with some stupid shit ad, THEN I have to close some EU bullshit information.
After draining 5% of my phone battery and loading 10MB of a website... and also waiting for about minute I can just scroll down (and hopefully I will not get attacked by other java script bullshit) and just copy/read that 20 words that I've came for and finally quit that browser... in hope that I will never have to open it ever again.

Back to that IE6, I mean Chrome story - Jow Forums is a prime fucking example of this, this website should be named "captcheworksonlyonchrome.org", it doesn't matter if I use fucking Safari, Firefox or other malware, I just can't pass the captcha, I have to sometimes solve captcha for 2 minutes if I'm bored, then give up and open chrome, or just don't post at all.

Why is the entire internet broken? Just WHY? How this happened? All of the sites were perfectly usable back in 2013, with ad-blocker of course.

Attached: chromeie.jpg (1400x1050, 46K)

dubs

You can't resell sites if they are perfect. Without the newer and newer bullshit the web would stop

>all web developers should use janky workarounds that add bloat instead of modern css that just werks

capitalism ensures that good things don't last

Google practically owns the internet.

Attached: 1376506561803.jpg (467x394, 152K)

Works on my machine

Attached: 6d6c1845f66437e8ecca54eb602b7247750d2a64.jpg (900x1050, 127K)

jews

I don't even have Chrome installed (or Chromium, actually, would be what I used if I did), and never have any issues. Perhaps you are going to lots of fag sites or something, I dunno.

seconding this

us chrome users get captchas too
just buy it goy

and get a better phone pajeet

just use chrome jesus fucking christ.

>b-b-but evil google is stealing muh data! Muh precious data!

Like microsoft and apple don't do the same fucking shit.

And now they want you to get of IE11.

>tfw it's already summer
back to

ungoogled-chromium

I can't say I agree. Just because something is hard it doesn't mean it's reason to give in. You make sacrifices if you care enough. If that's simple.

Agreed. The answer to the question posed by OP is "because people *allowed* it to get this way by supporting assholes who make it this way."

Convenience and comfort being more important than principles is why the entire world is fucking shit. In order to actually *do* the things it would take to right things, one must sacrifice degrees of convenience and comfort.

Google needs to be stopped, seriously

why are you using IE6?

I also have this issue with Jow Forums, I used to be able to post on opera and brave, now I can only post on chrome and firefox, it's gay desu

>not using rss for news

I'm a web developer. Something you have to understand is how batshit insane the world of front end web development is in terms of paradigm shifts and "innovation". I put that word in quotes because it's really more like change for the sake of change, or constantly jumping from idea to idea, you couldn't exactly call it improvement because nobody stays with anything long enough to fully understand its benefits or shortcomings. It's a constant mad rush to the next big thing, a never-ending scrap between the big web giants for dominance in the JS framework scene.

Google, Facebook, and Amazon are all constantly developing new front end technologies and marketing those technologies to businesses and web services. Sleek new Javascript "solutions" to problems they didn't know they had. Marketing bullshit masters convince clueless suits they need to switch from React to Angular 5 or from Angular 3 to React Native or whatever the fuck, because only their cutting edge javascript framework can deliver future-proof solutions. Until the next version of the other guy's framework comes out anyway.

But here's the real kicker and why Chrome owns the internet browser game now: Google is playing both sides of the table here. They develop Chrome, and they develop Javascript frameworks and other front end technologies. This is why Chrome is the most up to date, cutting edge browser. Nobody else comes close. Firefox is their closest rival and Chrome implements features that Firefox isn't even testing yet and considers experimental. A lot of this is shit that doesn't even matter 1 iota to the average web browser like OP. He couldn't give a moldy shit about shadow DOM vs shady DOM or how React manages single page application state compared to Angular. These are decisions which produce almost no benefit to end users but completely fuck over browser developers and their users because they require huge amounts of continuous support in order to keep them compatible with the latest tech.

Fuck what the Internet has become. Fuck it all.

Jow Forums is pretty decent except for the captcha.

I also hate when you go to the website for some piece of software and they hide the documentation behind like 3 pages.

Just show me the fucking manual already.

>chrome runs like dogshit by design
>use firefox instead
>have to upgrade firefox to continue to use websites
>new firefox is a clone of chrome and runs like even hotter, wetter nastier dogshit
Is there a single good browser?

Eurotrash/phoneposter/poorfag, use a tablet or laptop, and install firefox you lamer.

Lynx

w3m

Microsoft Edge works just fine :^)

Attached: inori_wink.png (256x256, 54K)

Firefox just werks. I have yet to find a website that refuses to work on it.

>Google is good, look Microsoft and Apple are too!

Gtfo. They're all bad cancerous companies who own near monopolies (except Apple) which fuck their users over.

Trying to cut ties with some of them is better than nothing. Fucking NPC.

To: [email protected]
Subject: subscribe

:)

it's always the jews
unironically

>I'm a web developer
boooooooo

xxxxx has it's own CAPTCHA, I find myself browsing there more and more (easier to post).

Attached: 209594531_111.jpg (1080x1080, 203K)

Give me one major site that actually forces you to use chrome like how you were actually forced to use IE6 back in the day. That stupid nagging dialog box that you should use chrome doesn't force you to either.

The internet is fucked and will never get fixed.

this. brainlets ITT need to learn to compile

Because normies got into developing it.

>It's almost impossible for me to browse the internet without opening chrome from time to time because some hipster developer doesn't know that other browsers exist.

give me 10 websites you can't access with firefox or opera

I use safari for Jow Forums captcha seems fine

The web is currently in shambles because of people who still use IE. Basically everything is mostly good with every other browser, except IE.
Employers want their websites to modern and have a certain look and feel, and the webdevs have to come up with 2 different solutions; the real solution, and the workaround for IE

My solution is aggressive deprecation. When IE is detected, send them away

Try solving captcha on Jow Forums using firefox.

I can't tell if "xxxxx" is a censorship or a proper name, however I know a few other places anyway. Thanks for help.

No it doesn't... I really like firefox but it's just insane how a few websites that I open from time to time just ruin the entire browsing experience.

I don't think so, at least not a single one that have a nice GUI.

But look at all of those SHINY CSS AND JAVASCRIPT.

Hm, so, you'e one of those to blame?
Why isn't there anyone just ignoring all of this bullshit.

Don't think I've ever seen a site that works only in Chrome, honestly it just sounds like you want text-based sites with no styling or functionality and nobody else wants that.

>Try solving captcha on Jow Forums using firefox.
I don't even have to do it as I type this post you donut

I just wanted to say that I love the fact that noscript captcha doesn't work and I have to solve google recaptcha up to 9 times before I can finally click submit, which usually takes more time than writing the fucking post, like in this very case