>every boss is male
>every manager is male
>every designer is male
>people i talk to on the phone are male
>people i talk to over the email are male
>people i never talk to are male
>the mail man is male
Why is technology so male-centered

Attached: 1543512677309.jpg (638x749, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TVcLIfSC4OE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

theyre actually just girls in disguise

You're also male

The majority of people who have been helpful in my life, in addition to those that have been above me in career status, have been women.

Consider that your world, is not /the/ world.
Right now I'm working as an engineer where my manager is a woman and the majority of the group we're in, are women.

Your specific project or company may be male centric, but what sense is there in focusing on this? It's just a small scale statistic, part of a larger meaningless statistic.

Some people work at your company, the majority do not. Some of them are men, some are women, that's just the matter of facts.

If you're not RPing- it's male centered because cunts like you get afraid of some dicks around you. Ignore it and get good at programming. Change the status quo yourself or whine and leave.

and construction

there are plenty of tech companies with a focus on hiring women. if it bothers you, you can work at those.

"stop questioning things, lol"

I feel like that's an intentional misconstruction of what I said.

Is this pasta?

because the other wimminz just like you obsess over everyone elses gender and other random bullshit instead of getting shit done and not caring about anyone around you at work

I wrote it just now. I'm sure someone has posted similar in the past.

It's your idea boiled down to it's simplest form. You forgot to say anything of substance.

tits or gtfo

Either you have hit a one in a thousand, are in a company with 10 guys or you are lying on some points.
To begin with HR is mainly female.
Every department has a female.
Every company has a female DM.
Every company has a customer who is represented by females, which happens more often than not.

Now you know why young males kill themselves so often: 92% of teachers are feminist women. At least you can simply go somewhere else. Primary education students not so much.

what kind of sweet ass company has a dungeon master, and where do I apply to work there?

It's your interpretation of my idea and it's arbitrary.
You're under the assumption I'm telling someone to stop questioning something instead of answering the question they asked.

The substance is the explanation of the lack of proposed significance.
There's no correlation between their small sample size and the rest of the world, it's a hasty generalization to make, and even if it was true, is moot anyway, for the reasons mentioned. It's just a statistic without bearing.
How many offices are painted red is separate from the idea that red paint makes employees mad.
Even if the majority of the industry was male, does that have an impact on anything?
If you think it does or doesn't, obviously you can add your own input. It'd be a better use of our time than whatever fluff you're posting.

>Why is technology so male-centered
Is that a problem? are you sexist or something? Do you complain about garbage and sanitation being predominately male?

Op is a tranny LARPing as a woman.
You autists are replying to bait.

And that's a good thing
>go to work
>95% male
>5% that are female don't wear makeup and just try to act like the rest of the men
>no drama, gossiping, flirting or any other female bs
>get to spend 8 hours a day drama free hanging out with a bunch of programmer bros actually getting shit done
Pretty comfy tbqh

Attached: 1488326339685.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

>JUST BE A MAN

>The majority of people who have been helpful in my life, in addition to those that have been above me in career status, have been women.
>Consider that your world, is not /the/ world.
>Right now I'm working as an engineer where my manager is a woman and the majority of the group we're in, are women.
>Your specific project or company may be male centric, but what sense is there in focusing on this? It's just a small scale statistic, part of a larger meaningless statistic.
>Some people work at your company, the majority do not. Some of them are men, some are women, that's just the matter of facts.

based

Consider duckduckgo'ing "men vs women in tech"

This is a pathetic attempt at sophistry.

Looks like pasta to me.

Because if you are a woman then why would you want to have a difficult career? Just find a rich guy and suck his dick a lot and stay at home. You have easy mode between your legs but you'd rather spend hours every day programming? What's the point?

Having seen quite a few pastas in my time, I have to admit I'm on the fence on this one. It looks as pasta, it behaves as pasta but it may not be a pasta after all

Don't worry, some will turn trans once the field makes them crazy a bit.

Attached: Calimari Wrestler2.gif (500x259, 838K)

It's the Star Trek jokes, isn't it?

Attached: 1478110571102.jpg (1650x822, 119K)

Why for women everything about gender.

>star trek
I wish could be lucky star jokes.

that's pretty dumb, i know more girls who like startrek than are into cs. also, i hate that this article portrays geek culture as something which women are just totally above, its so pretentious

>Consider duckduckgo'ing "men vs women in tech"
This is too broad/vague so I don't see purpose in it.
I'm interpreting your post as "take the time to look for reasons to divide yourself into 2 groups and fight".

Maybe if you could be more specific, what (related to this topic) in particular, bothers you about the current state of the industry.

>attempt at sophistry.
My purpose is not to convince or deceive anyone however.
I don't know why you'd jump to such a conclusion.
This is a public forum, I'm here to discuss the matter and pass time. I gain nothing in convincing you one way or the other.

Attached: jobs.png (674x7920, 772K)

A wild guess:
>Programming does not appeal to women even though they would be very good at it. Same with many technical trades etc. Including trades like welding. They have the eye for detail required but Don't want to do it.

>Boilermakers
Based

Because girls, instead of adapting to the environment, choose to complain and eventually, leave the field.

Women stay where they feel "Safe" and that is, where there are other women.

What's the difference? A quote doesn't lose it's meaning just because it was said before.

This is posted a lot and it's still true:
People need to stop treating inequality like it's a bad thing and just accept that people are different, society is living together despite our differences, not trying to force everyone to conform to 1 ideal. Women don't need to be in stem, don't get me wrong and assert that I'm saying they can't or shouldn't be in stem, I'm saying that if women are naturally not inclined to be interested in, and/or perform well in stem fields, then what's the sense in trying to force them into it? Just to satisfy a number? How about we let people live the way they want to live, let it be complacent, don't try to steer(see:prey on) women into something they might hate just because some people think diversity is 1:1. More importantly, even if the cause was justified, this is not how you go about it, affirmative action only further marginalizes the already marginalized, luckily in this case nobody is marginalized, everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed in this field.

I'm also sick of seeing male success getting turned into "male privilege" just because its the only rational explanation when you believe we're all supposed to be equal, in reality we just aren't, and that's fine. There's plenty of things women are often better at then men and nobody complains about it because it's insane to do so. We're all different and we need to stop rejecting this, it divides us so easily. Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of each other, without egotism, is the only way to get along, recognizing these things is the only way to interoperate and work together as an actually diverse team/society.

Attached: 1479188339092.jpg (599x595, 65K)

>field is dominated by men
>can't convince women to join
>so they become women instead

Truly a programmer's view on solving a problem.

Attached: 1447175161508.png (1702x2471, 1.01M)

Do a gangbang with niggers.

>le trap maymay

ok, now this is epic

good one, my fellow reddit bro

XDD

Its kinda ironic that, being a MALE kindergarten teacher, is looked down by the females themselves. Yet, i see no man complaining about it

Men like order, men like systems, men like to build and tinker with things
It's in our blood
Annoys me no end when girls enter an industry they know is male dominated and then complain about it being male dominated
It's like me training to be a primary school teacher and then being like 'where are the blokes'
You just want to stir shit
Fucking bint

well i'm a dude and if people would fucking stop it with the onion ass epic reddit nintendo switch references at the workplace that would be great

>Choose law as career
>Every one is female
>So fucking bitchy and passive aggressive
Consider yourself lucky

>says he chose programming
>doesn't actually discuss programming

Attached: 1532385636427.jpg (640x386, 18K)

Kek that's probably true

Attached: udwz32bwwdsbhzttgsr3.jpg (700x899, 204K)

>being angry at the men because the women don't want to study/work in a certain field

Meanwhile at fem-HQ
>CAT, DOG, AND BABY IMAGES OMG
>so about my boyfriend
>so about my girlfriends
>let me tell you what I did in the last hour again and what I thought about it

Attached: people.jpg (400x269, 40K)

>flat as a man
Give your mother's clothes back.

>you're not cute but you should take your cloths off

Attached: file.png (904x378, 231K)

Attached: SCIENCE.jpg (1188x2452, 403K)

kys

as much as I'd like to see boobs and asses all day, women aren't interested in technology or data science, is just too isolated for them from interaction. They need attention all day or something, giving attention is the opposite so they don't want this, numbers bad

no, girls are males in disguise
and it's gay btw

>Make computers nigger friendly

>plumbers
>98.7 male
>drillers
>99.6 male
?

das raycis

Attached: rakim-oakland-see-computers-are-racist-because-they-make-them-33936607.png (500x300, 66K)

Programming is about solving problems
Solving problems leads go internal pride and internal validation
Roasties only care about external validation

Also show tits whore

what area/industry?

what is this trying to make me feel

Smallish full stack software consultancy in the UK.

>redit spacing and male feminist
THIS IS IT BOYS, SHIPS GOIN' DOWN HIROSHIMOOT MADE THE REDDITARDS FEEL INVITED.

youtube.com/watch?v=TVcLIfSC4OE

i always thought gender doesn't matter, so why should it be an issue that everybody in tech is male?

Can someone explain to me where the fuck "geek culture" comes from? Is it just a muttmerica thing where everyone has to be categorised into boxes?
Why the fuck are people who enjoy messing about with computers and solving logical problems supposed to automatically love muh epic fantasy capeshit?

Attached: 1529744181616.png (235x245, 103K)

It shouldn't matter, but it does. That's the whole problem.

Are you trying to get my attention?

whole thing is silly. men are more interested in tech than women. if women into tech don't like being lesser in numbers at tech companies, they can start a company of their own with a "no men allowed" sign on the door instead of piggybacking on men and whining about. problem solved!

i've heard so much about how smart, strong and independent women, and how they don't need men. so obviously there should be no problem for them to churn out AAA quality services and products.

if that turns out to not be the case, stfu and get back to work.

what the fuck i actually learned something from Jow Forums today

How ironic, considering every study on this stuff has shown and overwhelming male majority in engineering and software. Maybe you ought to be considering /the/ world yourself.

Fuck, that must be it, right there.

Escapism and problem solving are both ways we can get lost in our own heads, I suppose.

a nerd is a virgin interested in tech
a geek is a chad larping as a nerd

>men are more interested in tech than women
wow, easy, some people got fired from google after claiming something like that

>if that turns out to not be the case, stfu and get back to work.
literally a nazi talk

i don't work at google so i don't care and "nazi" is just an empty insult by, now lacking any form of meaning,. if you want to argue against reality, go ahead...

>Not being happy to have your own harem
>Sad

Tits or gtfo

>How ironic, considering every study on this stuff has shown and overwhelming male majority in engineering and software. Maybe you ought to be considering /the/ world yourself.
In either case the significance is still missing. The possibility exists that the majority is male, and your personal situation is or isn't.
In either case, what point is trying to be made in highlighting it?

>Maybe you ought to be considering /the/ world yourself.
Nobody has presented anything worth considering yet.
What am I supposed to even ponder on, the fact that there are an arbitrary amount of men and women, with arbitrary interest, that don't balance out to a perfect ratio when inspected?
What a revelation.

Like I honestly don't even know what your premise is supposed to be. Are people literally just upset because it's not balanced? Why?

Hush, as someone who's worked in education and tech, who's talked with many girls who've shown up to the first class then never any after it, asking them why always gets a near identical response: "The guys were being dickheads, I didn't wanna put up with that shit"
Now I can attest that it's usually only three or four out of a group of 20 guys that act like dickheads, but it's unpleasant enough that girls just don't fucking bother.
Same goes for jobs. They'll get a job, work a day, then call the next mourning and say "Sorry, this just isn't for me".
When pressed, they usually give the same answer, and when asked if it's all the guys, or just a couple, they say "Come to think of it, it was really only four guys who acted like dickheads, but I assumed they all did"
Once, I jokingly said "If I fired all the dickheads would you actually wanna work here?", she said yes, I told her I'd get back to her. I promptly called a company meeting, fired everyone I didn't like or who acted like noisy, annoying assholes, publicly shamed them in front of the entire company, told everyone that if anyone wants to take their place, they'll be fired too, and spent the rest of the year in tranquility.
Seriously, there are some businesses that depend on people who happen to be dickheads, and there's fuck all you can do there, spare isolate them from everyone else, but if your dickheads aren't mission critical, it's best to just fire them. It's been my approach for years now, and it works.

I am equally annoyed by the dickheads in tech, if not moreso than op (if she realises it or not), because not only are they annoying fucks, they also mean that nearly all women have washed out before employment.

Mine. Write some fucking impressive software and make it GPL to show how awesome you are

>impressive software
>GPL

Attached: ohohohohohohohohohohohohoho.gif (499x374, 493K)

>as someone who's worked in education and tech, who's talked with many girls who've shown up to the first class then never any after it, asking them why always gets a near identical response: "The guys were being dickheads, I didn't wanna put up with that shit"
>Now I can attest that it's usually only three or four out of a group of 20 guys that act like dickheads, but it's unpleasant enough that girls just don't fucking bother.
>Same goes for jobs. They'll get a job, work a day, then call the next mourning and say "Sorry, this just isn't for me".
None of this is exclusive to tech though.

Hey its like when you're watching anime you're automatically a virgin.

Faggy soiboi tech companies don't count, you hipster sanfranfag.

Because most all women arent interesting in programming.

>choose nursing as career
>everyone around me is female
>every student is female
>every coworker is female
>every boss is female
>every manager is female
>every doctor is female
>people i talk to on the phone are female
>people i talk to over the email are female
>people i never talk to are female
>the mail man is female
Why is nursing so female-centered

This.

Attached: TRAPPED-1.jpg (720x895, 245K)

Terrible at it too. Granted not as bad as a Pajeet, but it's up there.

>be a female
>get extra benefits and pay to offset society's stigma against women in tech
>guaranteed position coz diversity
just friend a beta bitch and turn him into a qt femboy

god i wish that were me

>tfw theres probably only around 3-4 female boilermakers

>B-BUT MUH WAGE GAP
>proceeds to take a shitty paying job

That's why I apply as a trans women.
Job security is 100%.

Why do they even want to work in tech? They don't have much passion about the tech or respect people in tech much. The jobs aren't even that great, only the pay is ok.

Lucky bastard

Tech jobs are the factory jobs of the modern era. They're not the best jobs out there, but they're far better than most, don't demand 95% of your waking time (unless you work in game dev or something retarded), and have pretty comfortable job security.

To anyone who can stomach the work and the miscommunication between those with unrealistic expectations and a complete inability to articulate their requirements, it's a nice, stable source of income.

>even OP is male

TITS OR GET THE FUCK OUT

Why are you defending woman like the OP insulted them?

How do you that? Show up to the interview wearing your girlfriends dress?
What do?

Obviously if you're a fucking Gaston chad looking motherfucker it won't work. Otherwise wear programming socks and a wig.