Best battery life possible in a ThinkPad, or any laptop

Ok so I did some research and found that it's possible to install 3 batteries at once in a ThinkPad T410/20/30. A normal 9-cell battery, an ultrabay battery, and a slice battery. Then I could do a minimal install of debian/arch/whatever, only use a CLI, use a low end CPU to consume less power, remove the network card and bluetooth card to save power, run it at minimum brightness, etc. After doing this, would it theoretically be possible to get 24 hours of usage out of this machine? Does anyone else have other ideas to improve battery life?

Attached: 41vCr4IHw+L.jpg (500x333, 18K)

If you're willing to have something that huge and heavy, wouldn't it be better to just buy a modern, energy-efficient laptop and strap a power bank or two, to it?

Yes, or I could make the Ultimate Battery Machine.

An Ultimate Battery Machine with worse battery life, CPU/GPU, portability and will take forever to charge?

It won't take forever to charge if I never have to charge it.

No.

Ultrabay batteries are only avaible for T4X0s models, the last normal T-Series that supported them was the T440, which has no slice battery.

Apart from your retarded non-use-scenario your best bet for an actual usable computer with huge battery life are the Haswell Thinkpads with ULV-processor and both internal and external battery. After plenty of tweaking I get about 14 hours of battery life during normal work, e.g. Office, web browsing, videos etc.

If that isnt autistic enough for you, the x220 with slice battery gives you slightly more battery life than that but weighs significantly more with a smaller (and way shittier) screen.

kek

Ignore all the literal retards in this thread who have no idea what they're talking about. You absolutely can take a T420, put an Ivy bridge ULV processor in it, and install a 9 cell battery, slice, and ultrabay battery for hilarious battery life. Some of the wireless adapter options are better than others for power usage, and you can rfkill them when not in use anyway. 24 hours of battery life is definitely possible.

For example, my T420s will draw less than 10 watts continuous with the i5 2520m, screen brightness mostly down, wifi on, and using a tiling WM. If I had the battery capacity of your proposed battery configuration(94 + 94 + 32 Wh), then I'd have 24.4 hours of battery life with my average draw of 9W. You'd be able to get lower power draw with an ivy bridge/ULV proc, undervolting, and actually trying to minimize your power usage - so yes, 24h+ battery life is definitely doable.

>all that for just 24 hours
Why even fucking bother? Just get a monochrome PDA with a portable keyboard or a Palmtop that gets a month out of two AAs if you just want a simple non-networked portable computer.

>wouldn't it be better to just buy a modern, energy-efficient laptop and strap a power bank or two, to it?
No.
I've not yet measured a laptop that didn't use considerably more total power on line than battery. Even if all the usage settings are the same, the computer is less efficient regulating down from the adapter than from the battery.

desu id rather do that. i have a dell xps 9360 with two USB C battery banks and while the memetrain is great, the xps thermal throttles instantly when it turbo boosts. It makes even checking email a painful experience.

what the

Bro CLI is best for productivity. I know this is true because Richard Stallman (aka Jesus Christ himself) said so.

Yeah but there's one obvious flaw in this. What if I want to use my computer for 15 hours?

The point of this was to have the best possible battery life, not the best possible battery life that makes sense.

At that point you have to stop and think what are you even using the laptop for. I managed to run my X230 for 5 days of intermittent usage in a camping trip, with the 9-cell battery (approx 14 hours in total). Ran at lowest brightness, all wireless disabled, SSD, dwm with lightweight debian, ran a mupdf and vi only. But I could have just brought a car inverter with me and save myself from the pain of extending the battery to such levels.

ultrabay battery works on very few models, not the normal T410 and I think not even in T420

I think it works only in the T410s/T420s and those have shitty battery life.

buy a modern laptop you retard. i have a t470 that gets ~8 hours running artix+lxqt+i3+compton+wifi+bluetooth. i'm using the smallest battery available. if i put in the biggest one, my battery capacity is doubled. there's 16 hours, without even doing all the other autistic shit you mentioned.

lmfao my t470 draws ~5w with brightness on medium, wifi. bluetooth, and lxqt. fucking retard autists and your special neet laptops....

Limitless, if you don't mind some DIY.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 86K)

is this shit dangerous? can you post the video?

user just try it out if you have the gold pieces to blow. All the greatest discoveries are made when someone exercises their autism over something.

Modern thinkpads have hotswapable batteries, a X250 can have a 3 Cell internal battery and you can plug as many 6/9 Cell external batteries as you can carry.

A T520 or similar can get pretty good battery life. Use a 9 cell internal + 9 cell slice and you'll have about 180Whr total battery, and the power usage can easily be tweaked down to 8W or less.

yeah it could explooode. Look up exploding vape mods