Why haven't you done this already?

Why haven't you done this already?

Attached: installslackware.jpg (307x334, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/zanculmarktum/slite64
nnm-club.me/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8340488
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Might try again if I get the nerve to manually resolve deps instead of installing bloated sets.

Just unmark KDE during install. I didn't so I am stuck with a lot of packages that I don't really need cause I never ever use KDE. KDE is the cancer of DE's.

In my opinion, Slackware is stablest distributive of Linux. awesome like first releases 20 years ago, always stable thank Volkerdng

I'm comfortable with what I have (debian) so why should I change?

I did, I just can't boot it.

How did you fuck that up?

I didn't, the installer did.

I tried slackware but ended up just going back to debian
Using slackbuilds is kind of a pain and the documentation for slackware is terrible
It’s very fast and easy to install tho which is nice

I got sick of building shit from source.

Just install sbopkg

>su
>sqg -p nameofpackage
>sbopkg
>queue
>load
>process
>clear installed
>OK

Easy as 3.14159265359

>all that is easier than apt
(¬_¬)

>apt

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

I used that the last time I gave slackware a shot. It worked well but installing software on debian is just so much easier.

but debian has outdated packages

github.com/zanculmarktum/slite64

Not too concerned with that. I just want stability.

Attached: image.jpg (926x1200, 524K)

I have been contemplating making a slackware vm. Had one awhile back but I didn't like it

there is no systemd in Slackware why dont you just use systemd?

slackware cannot be booted on UEFI machines that arent fully Legacy BIOS compatible

for Slackware you need to use hardware made in 2011 or maybe 2012 at latest, do not use more recent hardware

as for the oldest possible machine where slackware 14.2 runs, that one is 233MHz pentium 2, ultra dma ide, 64mb ram, huge.s kernel

SLACKWARE 14.2 DOES NOT WORK with Pentium-1

Slackware 13.37 HOWEVER DOES WORK with Pentium-1

Because I'm not an idiot that is swayed by memes, and instead rely on a utilitarian argument to be more productive with my OS choice.

Attached: welp.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

my roommate installed slackware just a few hrs ago fully uefi, i think he needed to chroot in and install refind post-install though.

>implying i could afford anything newer than 2010
T410 BTW, strictly BIOS.

user I don't know what you are talking about--I do use slackware

Attached: .png (566x367, 21K)

>wants stability
>doesn't want slackware
Make up your mind bro.

shitposting is not productive, shlomo

Debian stable

>slackware cannot be booted on UEFI machines that arent fully Legacy BIOS compatible
elilo is in 14.2's base install, and the installer even prompts you to install elilo instead of lilo in post-installation if it detects UEFI. Grub is also in base, and that's UEFI compatible, if you choose to install that yourself. Bet you feel real stupid right now, huh.

What a fucking god.

literally installed UEFI slackware 14.2 this week. had to install grub manually though because elilo doesn't like nvme. apparently resolved in -current.

recompile elilo from current on 14.2

i done with torrent
time to install
nnm-club.me/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8340488

but im too depressed today

Attached: BBASIC_QUEENS_DIAGRAMM.png (763x785, 16K)

slackware is a fucking mess

>MOOOOOM

I did when I was 12 and fucked up my Windows XP PC. I got it from a magazine (2 fucking DVDs full of programs).
Didn't have internet back then.

>wtf is current

Weird: I install slackware two days ago and suddenly two slackware threads appear here. Stop reading my mind.

He’s been pushing Slackware for the last week or two.