IT'S FUCKING HERE Jow Forums

dec reveal

Attached: 1529954100927.jpg (978x549, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F92byoMgptU
youtube.com/watch?v=we2oePtTGMM
oregonlive.com/silicon-forest/2018/12/intel-no-hazardous-materials-release-in-incident-that-sent-15-to-the-hospital.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Intel shilling and defense force has arrived, typical.

How big of a chiller needed we are talking about?

An entire lake. Full of ice.

This is what the media doesn't want you to see (((they))) want you to believe in global warming! based intel

>Used to be a socket every two years keeps the goyim in fear
>Now they don't even change the socket, just the chipset but it's still incompatible
>They also change it every 6 months now

Meanwhile AM4 is confirmed for Zen3, which won't be until 2020-2021.

Is an Icelake the cooling solution you need for one of these?

Attached: 1-josh-voorhees_0.jpg (1200x1200, 201K)

AMD are going Zen, Zen+, Zen2, Zen2+, Zen3 and i assume Zen3+?

AMd hasn't confirmed the existence of Zen3+ But have confirmed they're working on Zen4.

No idea if that means Zen3+ is skipped or just not worthy of being discussed.

maybe they are calling 3+ as 4 as a marketing strategy

I'll believe that Intel can produce 10nm at scale when I see it.

I thought Ice Lake was confirmed 14+++nm anyway?

i'm more interested what Raja got to say. we already know CPU race is lost for them until 2021.

>Intel shilling and defense force
jidf has many branches.

He's stealing technology and secrets for when he moves back to India in 3-4 years time.

Are we now on a paper launch every 6 months? Overpriced 9th gen isn't available in most places yet they'll announce 10th gen already. Fucking damage control.

Attached: whatashame.jpg (278x181, 7K)

>8600k isn't even in the mail yet
>they announce gen10
are they going to pull a fucking FIFA/NBA with these things?

Attached: 1506108530821.gif (220x268, 458K)

Zen5, 4 will be skipped due to numerology.

Attached: 1543362199068.png (2559x621, 243K)

Now the question is is it still 14 nm? Or did they get their shit together and actually have a working 10 nm cpu.

>AMD are going Zen, Zen+, Zen2, Zen2+, Zen3 and i assume Zen3+?
>AMd hasn't confirmed the existence of Zen3+ But have confirmed they're working on Zen4.
>No idea if that means Zen3+ is skipped or just not worthy of being discussed.

The current belief is that Zen3 is the 7nm EUV respin of Zen2 and Zen4 will be the next moderate-to-substantial architecture change.

Ice Lake is defnitely 10nm
and it's definitely not coming until like this time next year at earliest

Should I wait for Ice Lake/Comet Lake or just say fuck it and buy a 9900K. Upgrading from 3770K.

>The current belief is that Zen3 is the 7nm EUV respin of Zen2 and Zen4 will be the next moderate-to-substantial architecture change.
Wat? I thought they were planning to go 7nm with Zen 2 next year. Or do you mean Ryzen 2xxx when you say Zen 2 and Ryzen 3xxx when you say Zen 3?

Zen -> Zen+ -> Zen2 -> Zen3 -> Zen4 -> Zen5.

don't be a fucktard and buy an 8th gen like a normal person

have a look at yt tech channels (except linus shill tips) and you will have a very solid answer to your question

Naming Ryzen 2xxx Zen+ was a mistake because now the Ryzen numbering doesn't match up with the Zen numbering.

>The current belief is that Zen3 is the 7nm EUV respin of Zen2
Not really, no, Zen3 will have hefty backend changes.
Zen4 is a new node again.

Zen+ wasn't a pure speedbump so new gen it was.

I guess, but I know I will feel bad knowing I didn't buy the current 1151 flagship,

I'm aware of the temperature 'problems', it's not really something that bothers me.

>feel bad knowing I didn't blow $600 of CPU everyone agrees is a total piece of shit for the sole sake of having it

ok?

Attached: 1532033774707.jpg (680x542, 69K)

Yeah but why not call it Zen 2 then? Or why not at least call the upcoming gen Zen 3 to get back on track with Ryzen numbering?

Not a core update, so Zen+ it is.
Every numbered core is a tock.

Money isn't really an issue for me, and I don't think anyone is saying the performance is a total piece of shit. The chip itself is a beast.

obviouis jewtel shill is obvious
if you really fart money you'd get the ACTUAL fastest CPU in the market, the 2990WX.

Nah, I'm loyal to team blue :-)

the chip itself is a furnace with an outright misleadingly stated TDP

Attached: 1542456946246.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

Will Keller and team BTFO AMD back into the stone age with OceanCove?

>and I don't think anyone is saying the performance is a total piece of shit
then stop assuming and start confirming
the performance increase over 8th gen i7's is marginal and it's price coupled with almost unironical need for a fucking liquid nitrogen cooling and insane power draw (literally draws 100W more than 8700k) under load makes it just plain not worth the money

How long until we get Sam Lake processors?

>tick
>tock
Stop speaking Intel.

Attached: 1508431634384.gif (300x265, 1.62M)

You're a delusional retard. 9th gen is overpriced, underperforming, throttling garbage. youtu.be/F92byoMgptU

I'm quoting AMD's CTO, so I guess he speaks Intel, too.

Intel is now tick tock tec twonk tunk deng pong peng ting..

of course you are, Schlomo.

>How big of a chiller needed we are talking about?
whole greenland to cool a single IceLake cpu

The absolute state of Jow Forums

Ice lake? Does it just freeze?

You need an ice lake

AMD confirmed doomed at 4

No, it's an ironic name. Just like Iceland and Greenland.

More like tick tock tock+ tock++ tock+++, tick(dual core laptop)

>tick(dual core laptop)

tick(dual core UNDERVOLTED laptop)

Imagine buying CPUs that are so shit that you need to upgrade within the life cycle of the same socket.

Glag I'm not an AMDnigger.

t. "upgraded" from Skylake to Kabylake

Given how a shitty OC'd 2600 with 3200 MHz CL14 RAM Can now MATCH the performance of an i7-8700K with 2666MHz RAM (max speed supported on non-Z) I'm honestly not the least bit excited.

Even if zen 2 is just 10% better intel is either going to:
a.) force users to "upgrade" to a new motherboard chipset incompatible with current gen that can handle 300W 5.5GHz TDP six-core CPUs
b.) sell current gen for half the price (very unlikely)
c.) moar coars

Attached: Ryzen-7-2700X-memory-opt-fps.png (639x263, 29K)

You're looking at it.

>inb4 "b-b-b-uh high end b-die RAM is like a gorrilion dollars!"

Attached: Untitled.png (1573x702, 310K)

Thanks just bought more puts

based

it's over. poozen eternally btfo

literally, intel are terrorists

Attached: IntelTM.png (1090x573, 464K)

OH NONONONONONONO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: whenyousetyourcampusonfiretryingtoOCyourwayintobenchmarksthatbeatAMD.webm (359x319, 2.01M)

>8gb stick
LMAO

>5% slower than a stock last gen intel in a cherrypicked benchmark
>MATCH

m8

You're just gonna have to deal with the fact that Intel gains very little from tightened timings, but hey 20 minutes OCing your RAM is much harder than buying a triple fan 360mm rad, deliding tool and some liquid metal

I would fucking laugh and throw my 8700k out the window if this were true, where the living fuck is their 9th gen chips, I haven't seen any besides the i9 they put out to try to compete with threadripper.

>2x8

Look again lads. In order to use the sweet sweet premium RAM you must buy a Z370 motherboard as intel gimped all the other coffinlake chipsets to 2666MHz RAM or slower. On AMD you can use 3200MHz RAM even on ~$60 B450 boards.

those are clouds, nothing to see here

Attached: OY VEY BUY MY CHIPSET.jpg (978x765, 173K)

Attached: 1539965136296.png (1000x746, 235K)

If Intel has decided that this is the optimal solution with the current available technology, I'm not going to push my luck.

2700X hasn't dropped in price much, pretty weird.

I honestly can't tell if this was sarcasm or not.

Attached: 1471759307621.jpg (2048x1152, 259K)

Have fun with your BSODs.

>used
>from $799.99

Someone got goy'd and is trying to pass down the pain.

That FUD doesn't work anymore, oven dodger.

Nah m8, that's samshit b-die gold he linked to. Only widespread bsods were from hynix ram kits who couldn't hit 3,200MHz even at 1.45v and those that pushed higher killed their sticks.

The poor fool.

Attached: intel_123.jpg (1688x795, 314K)

youtube.com/watch?v=we2oePtTGMM

Attached: Naamloos-2.png (350x350, 138K)

At least those numbers accurately estimate their manufacturing process, unlike a certain other company whose measurements have no relation whatsoever to reality.

And yet despite being manufactured on a technically somewhat inferior manufacturing process ayyymd processors still consume less power and output less heat. How many watts does the 9900K chew through again?

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9PLzUvNzY1NTA5L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA4LnBuZw==(1).jpg (712x1435, 193K)

More like Incel Ass Like

Its fucking nothing.

>you must buy a Z370 motherboard
this is a problem how exactly?
they cost 100 Euro
must cost like 70 amerifats without the VAT

And how much is the 8700K in your country? :^)

There's a reason they're that cheap. i7-8700K chews through like 200W under load at 4.7 GHz. Good luck finding a cheap z370 that can sustain that shit longer than a millisecond.

Which one is this again? There's too many lake codenames

Incel inside

A bit like how intel messed up the naming at the start of the I age, to many marketing assholes needing to put there special touch on it.

Nice english pajeet

This. Plus refreshes that have the same name but are totally different chips it's too hard to keep track.

oregonlive.com/silicon-forest/2018/12/intel-no-hazardous-materials-release-in-incident-that-sent-15-to-the-hospital.html
>an Intel contractor servicing a manufacturing tool died last year when he was crushed inside the machine.
>crushed inside the machine
Not sure if literal or a metaphorical 'crush'. Must have been a Cascade failure.

Attached: futurama professor good news everyone.jpg (620x624, 44K)

Is linus' tech shits not a good channel? I only watch the scrapward war shit but occasionally watch a monitor review or tow of his

Zen 3 will be 7nm EUV

Linus is good for comedy and laughing at their awful DiY project attempts.
Any of their "serious" review content should be disregarded.

You going back to McDonald fat fuck