Attached: linux.png (139x140, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.c2.com/?TheKenThompsonHack
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he trusts his computer to compile things for him

a real man is his own compiler

a real computer is its man

>mfw wintoddlers actually do this

Attached: kek regular.png (600x580, 572K)

>he trusts
When will linuxfags learn?

>He wants to spend 5 hours compiling his software than 10 seconds installing the binary.

>not manually building your pc from the subatomic level

>He wants to spend 5 hours compiling his software than 10 seconds installing the (((binary)))
FTFY

>He's never compiled software

are you my son?

>he trusts other people to develop things for him

Attached: terry.jpg (802x854, 203K)

ofcourse I do if those things are open source

wew lad are you posting from the 80s?

>installing the binary when you can compile with -march=native and -Ofast

IM SO HORNY AND LONELY
BRAAAAAAAAAP
GOD SO GASSY

>he trusts closed source software that was compiled by someone other than him

Attached: kekaqua.gif (384x372, 2.83M)

>he thinks it doesn't have a backdoor just because it's open source

Attached: CIAtrain.png (961x623, 1.04M)

if it's open source and I compile it myself there can be no backdoor without me knowing about it

>he thinks his compiler doesn't add backdoors

wiki.c2.com/?TheKenThompsonHack

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-30_09-09-00.png (528x131, 26K)

>using someone else's botnet compiler

Attached: smug aqua.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Microsoft tracks its developers closer than the open source community. A good portion of the people in the open source world are just pseudonyms.

I trust Microsoft more than open source. Keep the source closed, so no hackers can see inside! For God's sake!

but that allows you to hide malware in plain sight. why do you trust a multi billion dollar company not to screw you?

Because they are trustworthy and can be sued, their villages burned and their peasants killed.

You zerocools of the world can't be found. You are behind 7 proxies. When your code fucks us, we have no recourse.

>When your code fucks us
how would it if I don't even hide the code in the first place? it's your responsibility to check the code out for yourself and see weather it's safe or not. also if you think a lawsuit against windows for selling your personal info would work you're retarded. fb wouldn't even exist anymore if those kinds of lawsuits actually worked

It isn't my responsibility to check code. I'm not a programmer. Most of the world aren't programmers. Invalid argument.

>so no hackers can see insi-

Attached: odbg64-03.png (989x727, 104K)

H-hey no looking under the dress!
baka

>It isn't my responsibility to check code
well then enjoy your botnet I guess

No, you are stupid. That's like saying I should enjoy my car crash because I'm not a mechanical engineer. Because I didn't audit my car's blueprints. Likewise, I deserve my house fire because I'm not a licensed electrician and rechecked all the wires.

please user, security through obscurity is retarded

my point is that an experienced programmer can look over the code and see if it's safe or not, unlike with windows.

>he trust other people to make his food for him

yea right, not even once..

>he doesn't compile closed source software by himself

>food analogy
amerishart please

buying ingredients at the store doesn't count as making it yourself. You have to own your own farm and your own animals for slaughter.

I know this is bait. But someone out there actually thinks this is the case.
And it's baffling to me. How do they think the computer knows what to do with the binary? Their world must be absolutely magical. They see an IR sensor turn on the light and they'd probably presume it's sentient.

jesus fucking christ dude how much time do you have?

You realize you are going to die one day right? and that day gets closer and closer and there is nothing you can do about it. I'm not gonna be on my deathbed, wishing I had burned more of my time compiling fucking basic programs or my entire OS

>He trusts other people's research
LAUGHING WHORES

is your son's name mehmet?

impossiburu

But statistically, you do: 99% of freetards install stuff from their (binary) package repositories - for extra hypocrite points, functionally the same as the "walled gardens" you rail against in the macOS and Windows world.

time to take off the tinfoil hat

Well if I want to play games I kind of have to OP

>an experienced programmer doesn't understand assembly

Attached: zoomer.gif (652x562, 626K)