Halp im basically new at this and the smartphone general thread

A challenge Jow Forums:

But remember that this is not an easy challenge Jow Forums, see, I'm retarded.

With that said, I need a new phone choice within 24 hours.

My old phone is a [spoiler] Samsung S8+ (I didn't choose it fuck off). [/spoiler]

You guessed it, I'm getting my first real adult phone.

But I also need it to be [spoiler] choyna-proof [/spoiler], so with that in mind, I'd like a phone similar in quality, but my main concerns are as follows:

- Great audio, both speakers and jack, but if I have to choose one, then jack.

- Is as far removed from [spoiler] ch!n353 !nfloo3nc3 [/spoiler] as possible, i'm talking all the way down to where the damn thing gets manufactured.

- Preferably, every component is either USA or Japan, that goes for company as well.

- Also, the phone come with as little bloatware as possible.

I should root it, right user? Well where should I head to get that done? Who should I watch? What should I read?

How do I find a good phone service to switch from? I'm not a fan of these [spoiler] major corporations [/spoiler], fuck em.

Help me Jow Forums, you're my final hope, and all I have is a lonely Friday night.

>>pic unrelated

Attached: 1530655117825.png (1500x761, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbDgsUUEK50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dipshit
>>>/spg/

great none of my spoilers worked, and this whole site is pozzed, why do I bother. Fuck it, shill me, or shill me not, y'all are all I have left.

That's a 300+ reply thread there buddy this thread is unique.

This isn't a general information thread, this is an A to Z thread, the whole works, from picking a phone, to picking the service, to picking good root software, to picking good apps, etc.

I am attempting however to do some searching myself instead of just getting my hand held the whole way.

I was looking at a Sony phone, the Xperia XZ3 in particular. It looks great but it's $900.

The Max I'm willing to spend is $500.

Is going towards a Sony phone a good idea?

Does Nokia make any good smartphones?

Is LG safe from choyna bots? Idc if it's not safe from borgorbots since I live there.

Is OnePlus compromised?

How's ASUS phones? ASUS is new to the game it seems.

I hear Xiaomi has cheap and functional flagships, but it's a chonynese company so fuck em. Are there any other good competitors? OnePlus comes to mind but are there any more?

Also I am free to older phones, but nothing older than 18 months. Unless you can convince me that it is worth nonetheless)

>How's ASUS phones? ASUS is new to the game it seems.
Christ your an utter mong, Asus has been making phones for at least 5 years

Shit, since I got a S8+ right now, is it possible that after flashing it with Cyano that I won't be compromised anymore?

The main goal is to basically be as off the grid as possible, while still being on it. (sounds autistic, you tell me)

Also I'm doing this shit to Ride the White Lightening by Chrome Sparks, good Jow Forums song.

I started phone searching about 20 minutes ago. I'm not technologically retarded so much as I'm new to being knowledge about phones, so I'm crashing coursing through this bitch at mach speed.

Also thanks for replying.

And here's that Jow Forums song I mentioned earlier:
youtube.com/watch?v=bbDgsUUEK50

I had heard some things about a an ex-android employee working on some 3rd OS outside of Android and iOS.

Are there any developments to that?

if you search your phone on XDA forums you will see what the development is like for your phone

Thanks for the tip user.

Is it possible to prevent a phone form listening to you on the software level once you root it? I have jacks that you can plug in and it functions as a mic, but really it connects to nothing and just blares noise repeatedly.

However, the S8+ has two mics, one on the top and bottom so that you can record conversations.

Just how much control can rooting my phone allow me?

Should I even be worried? I just dont my life to be scraped for data by 3 l3tt3r ag3nci3s so that can funnel the info in a AGI for population control purposes.

I just want to say nigger and not fear the imagined repercussions 50 years later, ya feel?

>Is it possible to prevent a phone form listening to you on the software level once you root it? I have jacks that you can plug in and it functions as a mic, but really it connects to nothing and just blares noise repeatedly.
unless the kernel is hardened, like in the case of CopperheadOS, no
>Just how much control can rooting my phone allow me?
complete, rooting your phone is the equivalent of Administrator in Windows
>Should I even be worried? I just dont my life to be scraped for data by 3 l3tt3r ag3nci3s so that can funnel the info in a AGI for population control purposes.
yes, you should
>I just want to say nigger and not fear the imagined repercussions 50 years later, ya feel?
I feel, but the days of privacy > "national security" are inching closer and closer to the cliffs edge

>>unless the kernel is hardened, like in the case of CopperheadOS, no
I've browsed Jow Forums on and off for 2-3 years and I think I've only heard about that OS once. How does it compare to Cyano in terms of popularity and stability?

>>yes, you should
I swear to god only the Jow Forumsood people know that they should be concerned, no one gives a shit anymore. Sometime I wonder if I should just get a Nokia Brickphone and be done with it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Do you think I could rectify my S8+ to not spy on me? I've treated the little guy right, I just want it to treat me right.

>popularity
not much because it's only supported on a few devices
>Do you think I could rectify my S8+ to not spy on me? I've treated the little guy right, I just want it to treat me right.
honestly no, you'd be better off finding out what devices supported Copperhead and buying one of those to flash it, it's the main "distro" of Android that actually respects privacy

Well user, now that I know what kind of OS respects privacy at it's fundamental core, you've narrowed down my options significantly.

Now the Question is, which of those 6 are worthwhile?

Should I even pursue the Nexus phones since their EOL date is any second now? The website says that it's nothing carved into stone but isn't it better to be safe rather than sorry?

Attached: Yeet.png (1123x648, 43K)

Pixel 2/XL are supported from what I remember, I would go with one of those, buy in New Other condition off eBay to save money

Call be retarded but Pixels are Google phones, and google has the best tech to break something like a CopperheadOS.

Surely Google's reach could inject itself so far into the phone that it'd make the N5A get a half-chub.

Wouldn't Google's chips by backdoored? Or is everything backdoored and there's simply no way around it?

as far as we know, there are no backdoors, however, a security firm in Tel Aviv was able yo prove that they have figured a way to gain remote access to any smartphone so long as they have the phone number
Google itself probably has no interest in hardware backdoors, but you can always monitor internet traffic to see if the phone still dials home to google even on Copperhead

Damn. the Jews (for better or for worse) have that kind of tech, makes me wonder what the USA, Russia and Chonya are up to. Shit what are the Japanese up to? I feel like they've got some good shit up their sleeve but I never see anything about em.

You got a name for software that does that?

just search smartphone remote access israeli
it's believed they sold the tech to the Saudi's and that's how that one guy got lured into the embassy in Turkey and got deaded

Got any advice for cell phone services?

I was fucking shocked the dude even went back, like you got out, talked mad shit at the royal family, and then came back

j u s t d o n t c o m e b a c k y o u m o r o n

That's it, I'm going to the Apple Store. Thanks guys.

depends on where you live but there is no privacy needle ring phone service, triangulation has been a thing for 30+ years
they're comped too, Android phone at least give you the option of not being completely bent over due to at least being able to choose what you flash on your device

*respecting

Oh ho ho, look what we got here, someone who wants to compete for the biggest faggot

Oh goddammit,

when will a nigga be free? Rest in pepperoni, we get close, but no cigar.

public WiFi, VPS with openVPN setup on it, and not in range of CCTV

Nice info and nice quints

RNGesus finds you worthy

I had not realised why people shit on reddit spacing so much before this thread.
Holy shit that's annoying.

I just slap the return key twice whenever I have a new idea because it was disorganized as shit.

And fuck Reddit and all their goddamn communists I pray the site crashes tomorrow.