1 shot to pass java exam - If I fail I'm kicked out of University

3rd year SE student here with a learning disability.

Basically, I've failed a subject 3 times. Technically I should be kicked out of University, But i've been given a lifeline.

The exam is 40 multiple choice and the minimum I need to get is 20. For scaling, I got 13/40 in the recent exam, Without study. This was mostly due to the fact that we where allowed to bring in notes.

The topics are as follows:
>Patterns + Processes (basic patterns in programming)
>Methods and Strings
>Classes
>Lists
>System Design
>GUI's
>MVC
>GUI LISTS + GUI Tables

inb4 "this is beginner shit". I've avoided all Java classes because for some retarded reason my brain refuses to learn java. I've spent the most hours on this programming language (i'm mid level python and C currently) and i'm still trash, can't even understand basic concepts.

If I fail this exam my dream are dead. I was a failure at school, but somehow manage to get into engineering. I suffered for 3 years being the lowest but always kept my head above water.

Please, help a brother out. Any materials which I can both bring into the exam that will help me will be helpful. Also the exam is multiple choice, So any tools online that have abundant revision question in MC format will be helpful.

This is not a larp, genuinly need help. All my ENGO "friends" and Lecturers have left me out to the wolves. Jow Forums is my only salvation.

Attached: SOS.jpg (1200x600, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.pw/item/detail/id/205259?id=205259
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgot to mention why i didn't study the first time. I'm dirt poor and work 6 days a week to pay for uni and rent. I somehow managed to convince my boss to give me 2 weeks of (paid) and i'll have to work some extra hours each day to pay that back. So I have a solid two weeks to study.

There's a YouTube video for each of these things
Why not visually study from that

Like I mentioned above I have a learning disability. The only way i can "learn" is literally through doing a concept over and over and over again until it becomes muscle memory. Unfortunately for me programming requires a lot of logic which is not the way I learn. Watching videos literally drags me into a deeper hole of misunderstanding. Especially when different people explain concepts different.

>of by two for trips
you got pretty good luck i think
anyway i don't know shit about java, sorry

My lack is absolute shit. In my first two attempts I got 19/40. SO yea.

maybe you should start coding shit for yourself and mussel memory will come

>mussel
muscle, sorry

Okay user, I'll bite. If you're in uni, someone in the cashier's office almost certainly slapped you with a fee to use the library. Pray to god that your library isn't trash- then go get your money's worth.

Get the O'Reilly Java book. Pic related. And check that shit out. If they don't have it, then bootleg a pdf of it. It's a huge fuckoff java book with a big reference section in the indicies. Between now and the exam day, read that shit over the course of your exams topics, and try your level best to write (in either Eclipse or Netbeans, lady's choice), example java programs of your own which implement the exam concepts.

This should allow you to use your course textbook for the theoretical aide of things, and your big fuckoff purple syntax book for the practical implementations. Also if you have not already, score some energy drinks. Diet energy drinks in fact because fuck sugar crashes. Pound 2 of them like 5 minutes before you walk into your exam. If you have not just read about, but created in your own code instances of each of the exam topics, and are wired all to shit on stimulants and the knowledge that it's now or never, you should make it.

Attached: lrg.jpg (500x656, 75K)

The only thing you can do is study. Break it up into goals. For lists, you could break it up into the different types of lists and focus on each for 2 hours. This should be enough to learn some basic things about each. The syntax is basically the same for all, so you don't have to focus much on that. For more advanced usages you can always refer to the documentation in your labs. Learn at least how to add and remove entries.

Go through your example exam part for lists, and check your points. Focus on the questions you missed. This should probably take about 1 hour of Googling.

Do the same for all the other topics, and spend time on each goal. 8 topics should leave you about two days on each topic, some might be done in just a day.

Then go get XAMPP and write some code
watch the results in a browser
rewrite some code with different variable names
watch the results in a browser
should theoretically work

Thanks for the help anons. I'm currently downloading all the course notes and breaking down all the tasks incrementally. Since i'm allowed to bring in notes I don't need to memorise anything. Is their anything specific (other than that text book) I should bring in.

I'm basically almost guaranteed between 5-10 marks because it's on simple shit like "what pattern is this" which I can derive the answer from my course notes.

Realistically, I only need to be able to answer 10-15/40 questions correctly on my own to pass.

I'm gonna give it everything I have

Pounding energy drinks (particularly redbull for some reason) before exams is one of the best life choices that I have ever made. Always allows me to perform better. Never thought about trying sugar free ones to prevent that crash that happens near the end, will keep that in mind. Anyways good luck OP, will keep you in my prayers desu.

Attached: 1543643700260.jpg (698x712, 286K)

Thankyou all. I'll update you guys If i pass or not. It's funny how this website get's so much crap, but i'm treated better by the people here then my own family and friends.

I recommend Head First Java, it's a book that helps you learn, I got it off Jow Forums in the first place. You can get a PDF here: libgen.pw/item/detail/id/205259?id=205259

Attached: a6fed263344ca4c35328f19bfeaf2fa1-d.jpg (433x500, 52K)

>pay money
>threatened to be kicked out
living the dream

>getting kicked out of the university you paid to get in and attend

What
If you fail you're supposed to just try again
What a backwards ass uni

It prevents unteachable retards from taking classroom space from more deserving students

>What a backwards ass uni
Literally every university that gets more applicants than it can take in

>more deserving students
shouldn't matter if they're paying the same, why would the uni give a fuck

Found the brainlet

Attached: 1534212111813.jpg (519x690, 98K)

>SE
>Engineering

Attached: 1541448620784.jpg (836x543, 139K)

>The only way i can "learn" is literally through doing a concept over and over and over again until it becomes muscle memory.
This is how everyone learns past high school, retard. You're not a special snowflake. Stop making excuses, and put in the work.

energy drinks could be a bad idea