>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs less threads usually suffer lower 0.1% minimums
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget and pairing with a 2080 or better
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards; cheap models usually low yield processor. Aim for factory OC versions for best performance
>use your due diligence with cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans. They may be cheap, but won't get high boost clocks like better models
1080p
>RX 570/580/1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
1080p@144hz
>Vega 56/1070ti best value, Free/G-sync monitor highly recommended
1440p@60-75hz
>Vega/1070ti/1080/2070
1440p@100+hz
>1080ti/2080
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 1543652104337.jpg (1212x909, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xQhEHGRswJ4
pcpartpicker.com/list/K9Y4mq
pcpartpicker.com/list/KynZP3
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/PfY4mq
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/K6vgNQ
cdiscount.com/informatique/cartes-graphiques/carte-graphique-palit-geforce-gtx-1080-jetstream/f-10767-pal4710636269400.html?awc=6948_1543690586_dae0b5d67717a8d055d43f5c1e610bdb&refer=zanoxpb&cid=affil&cm_mmc=zanoxpb-_-169249#read
youtube.com/watch?v=IkJIAB7KBsk
pcpartpicker.com/list/qf9sBb
ibuypower.com/Store/Cyber-Monday-Intel-Z390-i7-Gaming-Ultra/E/9293980
pcpartpicker.com/list/FntcP3
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/KWtcP3
ibuypower.com/Store/Cyber-Monday-Sale-Intel-Z390-i7-Plus
pcpartpicker.com/list/cdqxCb
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/BLFBYT
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16883230365?ignoreb
pcpartpicker.com/list/zYfJ29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for those anal beads

>recommending AMD for gaming to unsuspecting people
youtu.be/xQhEHGRswJ4

Is it worth upgrading?
Im not really playing anything atm, but i might be interested in replaying w3 on ultra with mods.. didnt even play its expansions.
pc specs right now 3570k(4.2ghz) 8gb ram 670gtx..

Attached: hm...jpg (1819x915, 137K)

enjoy having no driver support within a year for the 590

what is amd releasing next year? new midrange card?

navi 7nm gpus

isnt that 2020

Budget: Under £500 ideally (UK based)
Uses: Home server. Most stress is perhaps transcoding 1x 1080p stream, apart from that just torrents, vpn server, nextcloud, backups and other low cpu shit. I obviously don't need a keyboard, monitor, mouse, OS, GPU. Case I was thinking of Fractal Node as it holds 6 drives and is small + unobtrusive + good sound dampening. Low power and low noise is extremely important.

I was thinking of something like this:
CPU - Something with around 3000 passmark score likely (2000 is roughly needed to transcode 1 1080p stream)
Mobo - Whatever fits the case + CPU + plenty of RAM and SATA slots
HDD - WD red 6TB or Seagate Ironwolf 6TB
PSU - Some seasonic 550w or similar
RAM - 16gb of something - need to do some research here

Please listen to the Intel shills and buy Intel

No, it should be in around 6-10 months from now.
But it'll be midrange first, around 2070 performance. High end might not be until 2020.

If your 670 plays everything fine, then no.
If you really want a GPU capable of Witcher 3 and some mods, then yes.

Attached: please do the needful.png (1800x850, 244K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/K9Y4mq

If you don't have anything spare lying around, go for used enterprise gear. You'll have more room for expansion.

Really enjoying the fuck out of my i7 lad, top kek at AMD. Shit cards, shit chips, they should just fold already.

Damn 9th gen was a colossal flop, why is Intel so garbage

Attached: 1525554090644.jpg (1079x784, 161K)

Attached: 1543625954072.jpg (552x661, 71K)

I've decided I wanted to try the VR meme but my current build is completely none salvageable. Looking around and it seems to build a pc that can run VR games like skyrim with some mods it will cost at least $800. Plus the $350 for controls and a headset. Does this generally sound right or am I being stupid?

Enterprise gear can/is often noisy, draws a lot of power and requires a rack/cabinet. None of these are desirable features for me

Looks pretty nice, thanks. I'm still debating about whether to get ECC RAM, but if I do I'm sure I can upgrade the mobo to something that works with ECC.

pcpartpicker.com/list/KynZP3

Hows it look?

Upgrading from a i5-6500

can I use a Windows 10 home key license on Aero10 (Windows 10 LTSB)

Not with 500W, more like 650W. Look to use 50% of your PSU's wattage.
Souce: my ass.
You'll most likely want a stronger GPU for a 144Hz monitor.

anyone got VA monitor? is VA glow a thing?

>You'll most likely want a stronger GPU for a 144Hz monitor.
what about for 1080p?

144hz is fine at 60 fps. still looks and feels better than 60hz.

wut

if you can simply try it.

I can, I have both a 75 and a 144 monitor sitting here. it's best to stay in freesync range so 144 is superior but locked 75 looks better on the 75 panel.

AMD selling as many 2600/X as Intel is selling everything combined.

Intel's strategy of dozens of confusing SKUs to upsell has screwed them over when it comes to them having actual competition. That only worked when they competed with themselves.

IPS glow isn't a thing if you get a good one, either.

You're wrong. It makes no difference except in a few cases like CSGO where input is tied to framerate.
It doesn't change the quality or smoothness of the picture itself AT ALL.

144hz at 60 fps is the same as 60 fps on a 60hz monitor you fucking /v/ ape

In bongland the x370 taichi is much cheaper than the x470. Can I just get the x470 and use it with a 2600X? I read something about a bios update but surely I could use another computer to put the rom file on a flash drive.

maybe it got to do with my monitor, but 144hz plays better at 60fps than 60hz
got mg279q for 3 years

Palit GeForce GTX 1080 JetStream for 204€, that sounds like a real deal no ?

Is there a ballpark estimate for how long I will be waiting for a back-ordered motherboard from B&H? Are we talking weeks to a month, or more like a year? The item lists no estimate.

>IPS glow isn't a thing if you get a good one, either.
I got perfect mg279q sample, and still want better contrast/blacks(0.10 for my monitor which is freaking great for an IPS). I'd get FALD IPS if all of them weren't 4k and cost $2k which is useless for gaming.

sounds more like a scam

Yeah, *NEW* seller, takes 3-4 weeks to deliver from Poland...

LG 32GK650F-B

and here we come to my first question, since angles on VA aren't very good it will have washed out look close up, losing on deep blacks advantage=> VA glow
I want to know how bad is it.

>USB anal beads, Intel branded no less

welp, now I've seen it all.

>2200g and 2400g nearly the same

I always thought 2200g was always the better buy? 2400 never seemed worth it while you can OC the 2200, in the case of both iGPU and dGPU. Unless, since that graph is reflective of Germany, there's something they love about that chip in particular?

>Stock R5 2600
>2400Mhz RAM
>Stock Rx 580

I wonder why, nigger.

Go look in a retail store holy shit

2200G will require a CPU upgrade as soon as you add a decent dGPU (1060 or RX570)
2400G, on the other hand, can largely keep up with a 1070ti/1080/Vega.

Tradesman here.
What do y'all think of this then
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/PfY4mq
Is the 1070 really necessary? If so why not add another $100 and just get a 1080

>2400g can keep up with a 1070ti/1080/vega
if you enjoy a stuttering fucking mess it can

>Poland
I know that guy, he appears from time to time and makes a new website with extra cheap electronics. Scams a few people deletes the website and disappears. He's been doing that for years.

>hurrdurr that's gonna get me 50% more FPS
lol

i dont think you realize how important fast ram is for ryzen

>$370 for a fucking 1060
holy shot Canadians are chucked to hell. I bought a 1060 for $200 last week.

And lose the sound card, your mobo will sound fine.

I have some serious audio autism
Also yeah it's pretty shit huh. Our currency is pretty devalued at the moment

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/K6vgNQ
Good evening, /pcbg/!

Attached: tenor.gif?itemid=9060940.gif (498x280, 347K)

>de
>anime
its that guy again

cdiscount.com/informatique/cartes-graphiques/carte-graphique-palit-geforce-gtx-1080-jetstream/f-10767-pal4710636269400.html?awc=6948_1543690586_dae0b5d67717a8d055d43f5c1e610bdb&refer=zanoxpb&cid=affil&cm_mmc=zanoxpb-_-169249#read
Does Gasprastore ring a bell to you ?

some models are mid 400s

1440p or 120/144fps?
>inb4 both
i can't afford the rig for that

RX 580 + R5 2600(X)

>i dont think you realize how important fast ram is for ryzen
do you ahve any evidence of shit ram vs good ram with the 2600(X)? I'd appreciate it

>or 120/144fps
this is what I chose, at 1080p.
1440p is prety minor honestly

youtube.com/watch?v=IkJIAB7KBsk

>TN
yikes

Doesnt look like the one I was talking about, but also looks sketchy as fuck. The company owner has registered over 10 different companies this year in Poland. All of them also suddenly disappeared

It's 4c/8t with actual working SMT unlike Intel's HT.
At most it only seems to bottleneck a 1080

seems fairly substantial at 95+ FPS, thanks for the info

seems less important at ~80?

Don't buy a fucking 1060 when the 580 is so much cheaper for the same performance. I told you last thread to go for 1440p/60FPS with your budget too: to power a 144Hz monitor you need to go with a i7-8700K and a motherboard that can OC it, which will cost a lot more cash than just replacing your GPU. You can of course, it's not my money and I'm no judge, but you need to realize how silly that is.. Your case fan money would be better invested in a better cooler: no matter how many billion fans you put in your case, you still need a great heatsink to extract the heat from your components to begin with. Just blowing more air on them won't be enough.

1440p is some serious diminishing returns, it's better to go with a freesync monitor and enjoy being constantly within the freesync range using a 580 on 1080p (60 to 120 fps usually) and not have to worry about vsync/enhanced sync/frame rate limiter input lag.

1440p is dumb

>it's better to go with a freesync monitor and enjoy being constantly within the freesync range using a 580 on 1080p (60 to 120 fps usually) and not have to worry about vsync/enhanced sync/frame rate limiter input lag.
>
a 144 hz freesync monitor*

>unironically telling people to buy ayymd

Attached: Tom Cruise kek.gif (630x385, 3.37M)

k with a 1070Ti

Attached: Gtrevolver+gtmag+lolwat+_f1c7acf77f57af6bd58350e2df97621c.jpg (1000x800, 161K)

EVGA PSU should have the same cables between models right?
I'm moving to a new mobo and giving a relative the old stuff and got them a lower watt/rating version of my current PSU. So I shouldn't have any problems just changing the PSU in the old system and leaving the cables there and using the ones from the lower model for my new stuff yeah?

pcpartpicker.com/list/qf9sBb

Anything wrong with this 2k pc build? I chose not to go with ryzen 2700x over 8700k due to the single core speed. quite pricy for a 1080p build but I prefer running games with high graphical settings and high hz

how much of a meme is ultrawide

Which of these two should I get?
ibuypower.com/Store/Cyber-Monday-Intel-Z390-i7-Gaming-Ultra/E/9293980
(With a 1TB SSD from Newegg)
About $1700 total with tax and the SSD

or
pcpartpicker.com/list/FntcP3
About a $1500 total with tax

>32gb
By the time you'll make actually use of that much ram the rest of your setup will be hopelessly out of date and you'll have to rebuild anyway.
>212 EVO for 8700k
Way too weak.

why are you buying a network adaptor when your motherboard has built in ethernet? why are you buying expensive as fuck ram and not a better cooler? why all these expensive parts and then cheap out on the keyboard?

Meant $1800 for the ibp

Don't pay that much for windows, don't get a fucking ethernet card, get a better GPU and a better cooler instead.

They suck in terms of picture format (at least for me). More like ultra short.

got it. I have been using a site called gpu bottlenecker to calc cpu/gpu groupings and it told me to go for 32gigs. I was skeptical. ty for confirming.

Should I go for the 70 buck water cpu cooler?

It's not that much cheaper
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/KWtcP3
Also I'm not doing liquid cooling, my thoughts were fans blowing off the parts directly + constant airflow through the tower should be enough. I can get a sink/fan for my CPU anyway.

I have another keyboard that is pretty good that is used in another comp I have. I would replace the keyboard I have with the cheapo. What keyboard would you recommend?

Outside of games and the desktop almost nothing supports the aspect ratio.

You can get a good air cooler for around 60 bucks easily. But first you have to figure out what you want to do with that CPU. Stick with stock speeds or maybe a 300-400mhz OC? You can do that on air. Do you want to go for 5ghz on all cores? Then you will need water cooling and delid the CPU which is super risky if you don't know what you're doing and are at least somewhat talented in DIY. Water cooling, unless you're going for a custom kit, is not only more expensive but also a fair bit noisier than regular air.

ibuypower.com/Store/Cyber-Monday-Sale-Intel-Z390-i7-Plus

Is this a good deal? Still in cybermonday

its saturday mate...

thank you user. here's the updated list. pcpartpicker.com/list/cdqxCb

lol I know. The deal goes through Sunday tho...

How's the i9 9900? You know besides it killing people

9700k is better

>It's not that much cheaper
Compared to an Intel build for high framerate, it is. That's why the OP states:
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

That said, why would you even go with a low profile CPU cooler. You're not building in a tiny case, there's no point.

>2070
Same shit

Terrible. HPC customers won't touch Intel's CPUs with HT for a reason. They should be fined for the fact that they're still trying to trick consumers into paying $200 more for it on a consumer CPU.

So it matches my other ugly fans. Or is there a non slim noctua

>Same shit

Attached: 15a.jpg (640x720, 63K)

Whats a good gpu to pair with an asus rx570 4gb? I would not have to ask if I hadnt forgotten the one website that lists pc builds per budget.

Ay you can sort by brand. Here
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/BLFBYT

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16883230365?ignoreb

Why does this deal look too good to be true? It's not just me right? What's wrong with it?

Actually it's worse at least 1070ti works while 2070 breaks all the time.

>So it matches my other ugly fans
>Still a low profile heatsink
Who cares, the case has no window. If you care so much, then swap out the other fans and put a proper cooler. Also, the additional Kingston SSD is stupid, it serves no purpose, remove it. Your build still can't power your panel but it's your money after all.

What do I need to add to power the panel. I just wanted my OS on a seperate drive it's so cheap after all. That didn't look low profile to me, how big of a heat sink do I need? I'd prefer a noctua but it doesn't really matter no

The curved monitor meme is nice and all but the eye cancer it gives is quite bad.

Should I jump on a Acer Nitro XV273K and hope 4K becomes viable in a gpu generation or two?
Don't mind compromizing on settings that much.

Attached: 149.gif (256x192, 482K)

>pcpartpicker.com/list/zYfJ29

did I do good?

Attached: 0Tn1JlB.jpg (960x1280, 112K)

>pcpartpicker.com/list/zYfJ29
looks great

>potential incompatibilities

1TB HDD are waste of space, get a 2TB one at least.

>I just wanted my OS on a seperate drive it's so cheap after all
It's dumb. Your 1TB SSD can fit about everything except for your collection of... "research material". It serves absolutely no point. It won't make your PC faster, better organized or anything. Drop this idea. Forever.

>What do I need to add to power the panel
You're thinking wrong. What was meant is that to exploit your panel, you need a better rig. Your panel is a 144Hz one, which means it can display 144 images per second. But to provide 144 images (or close because no piece of gear actually can provide 144FPS in High/Ultra settings for every title), you need a much better processor and GPU. Except that it would cost you a shitload more money. What you did is took a decent 1080/60FPS (or 1440p/60FPS, only difference is the GPU) build and you added a bunch of fluff of it without considering the implications.

If you want to go full retard with your cash, I can help you with that: a 8700K build with a fat cooler, a GTX 1080 (or Vega 56 I don't care). Then you delid the 8700K, put some liquid metal and enjoy high framerates. According to PCPartpicker, you'd be just under 3000CAD. But it's not my money after all.