Tutanota private email compromised with government backdoor

TUTANOTA PRIVATE EMAIL COMPROMISED
GOVERNMENT BACKDOOR
HUSHMAIL/LAVABIT 2.0

See screenshot for whistleblower report.

Upvote the request to remove the backdoor (no login / signup required):

tutanota.uservoice.com/forums/237921-general/suggestions/36156829-allow-opt-out-from-the-recovery-code

Attached: Untitle22d.png (1093x298, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

runbox.com/
posteo.de/en
mailfence.com/
gnupg.org/
thunderbird.net/en-US/
mutt.org/
tutanota.com/blog/posts/transparency-report
github.com/tutao/tutanota
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only a terrorist or a pedophile would be against that feature

I like how your source is a Jow Forums screenshot of a guy saying some shit. This claim is definitely believable because it's happened before and will probably happen many more times, but you could say the same if I took a screenshot of a post of some guy telling everyone your mom is a whore who loves to take hobo cock at a discounted price.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

They do not allow you to use an external mail client like thunderbird or mutt with your own gpg setup. You are forced to use the (((web client))) with their own Javascript crypto.

The best choice is to self host. If you can't/don't want to do that, consider purchasing a paid runbox, posteo, or mailfence account, and using it in tandem with your system's installation of GNU Privacy Guard and a Free Software mail client
runbox.com/
posteo.de/en
mailfence.com/
gnupg.org/
thunderbird.net/en-US/
mutt.org/

>whistleblower report
>4chanlel.org/g

Attached: .jpg (235x215, 9K)

It's no longer safe to use Gentoo
Gentoo recently released a new update that permits packages to connect to wifi. Each time you connect to package database, you will send all of your data.
Now I will explain why this is happening
Gentoo is made for niggers by niggers, and niggers don't like privacy

Jesus fuck why do you guys go for the middle ground? If you are paranoid about privacy just run your host it yourself. Either you choose to run your own shit or why bother and just get a Gmail account.

>See screenshot for whistleblower report
You posted this thread yesterday and talked about the breaking discovery in German so that everyone understands. It seemed odd then, seems odd now. And you even posted this on their website for some reason.

germany is one of the top 3 most watched countries, nobody gives a shit..

If you rely on a business for your security, you have no security.

oh crap...

Attached: 1532687179717.jpg (400x406, 58K)

nice larp

This. If the problem's Google, there's plenty of good options like FastMail.

KEK

Attached: faa.png (644x142, 8K)

>posteo
>Germany has a mutual legal assistance treaty with murrika
>German law includes an automatic gag order when the gubmint requests data from providers

I'd rather print out my email and throw it out of the window than use fucking posteo

Attached: dis.jpg (249x184, 46K)

>government uses gag order to force email provider
and/or
>government spreading FUD about secure email provider in attempt to get users who are circumventing surveillance to switch to a compromised alternative

either way just use PGP you dumbasses.

> 2010 + 8
> still not encrypting your emails with gpg
There's no such thing as an insecure service if you encrypt properly

FastMail remains the best email provider.

Gmail + RSA us as secure as any other email service

Not every email service works directly with the NSA, like Gmail does.

Use a 40 character RSA4096 password and not even the NSA can can crack that for another 20-30 years

It's time to host your own email server, anons.

They still know who you're talking to and Google can tie that to your general web use. Why feed the botnet if you don't have to?

They know who you're talking to no matter what. Even if you host it yourself

Unless everyone you're talking to is using GPG, it's impossible to get Google to not read your shit.

Teach your friends good secirity. Get them to use enigmail on thunderbird to make it streamline

I mostly make Tuta accounts when I want to sign up for something with an email that isn't associated with any other login and isn't associated with my phone number, whenever the site I'm signing up for doesn't let you use 10 Minute Mail.

there's always mailinator or maildrop, they work far better than 10 minute mail.

>self hosting
>e-mail
Not for the faint of heart. You need to set up redundancies or else your server going down will fuck you up, and there's always the struggle of companies marking your domain as spam even if you have dkim and spf set up correctly because e-mail providers are an annoying bunch of assholes.

People don't care about security if they need to spend hours to learn how to apply it. It's useless.
You would also need to set up gpg on their phones which atm is a miserable experience.

This. I hate it when people say self host as if that's easy to do.

All of the major ones do

It's a screenshot from 8ch so it's even more credible

Attached: 1531287821369_0.jpg (896x960, 99K)

> hours
You mean 5 minutes
If you're talking to someone who isn't practicing security, it's pointless

Attached: 1387222768706.jpg (700x525, 86K)

which is why it's insane to rely on a "secure" email provider based there. even if OP is larping, I'd be concerned

wtf is tutanova

tutanota is Latin for secure letter

no its from Jow Forums. this board in fact.

"A gag order is not possible in Germany, and the above posting is nonsense.

Please check our Warrant Canary, which is unchanged since we first published it years ago: tutanota.com/blog/posts/transparency-report

Just like your password, the revovery code can only be accessed by yourself. Our code is fully open source and you are very welcome to check this: github.com/tutao/tutanota

The recovery code was not only demanded by the community, it is also a basic necessity to most users who want to make sure that they never lose access to their encrypted mailbox. The new web client allows you to set up 2FA, which will only increase the number of people losing their password or their second factor. Hence, the recovery code is a must."

You're a retard if you believe that.

Attached: 1516507353609.jpg (900x900, 143K)

Solid point man. Good sources as well, thanks.

literally half of Jow Forums

eat shit Tutanota employee. I don't believe you 1 second fagot