I've just installed Windows over my old Linux distro, finally making the switch

I've just installed Windows over my old Linux distro, finally making the switch.

Right now my Windows install is totally fresh, besides looking gorgeous there's not much going on right now.

So recommend me some some cool Windows apps to get me started.

Attached: 1517666849834.png (900x860, 488K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Francesco149/sharenix
forums.mydigitallife.net/
ninite.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Google chrome and steam and discord

Congrats on joining the grown ups.

Shouldn't this ad read "I just installed Windows over my old MacOS installation?" I mean is Linux the real threat here? How about some advertisements with forethought

>cool Windows apps to get me started.
Depends on what you want to do.

gentoo.exe

>So recommend me some some cool Windows apps
I don't know if windows has something to help with low IQ, such an app would benefit you greatly.

based and redpilled

does your computer have system32 on it? if so you should delete is as soon as possible

adobe acrobat
newsflow for reading RSS
telegram for chats
hexchat for IRC

>installed Windows
WHICH Windows, user?

>Things that don't happen.

Attached: CopyQ.oOnxiO.png (400x400, 110K)

>blind spot
>ignorance
>denial
user, people do regularly try out Linux distros. It's just that normal, non-autistic people all have limits on the bullshit we'll put up with. Most will only run it for a few days, reach a critical level of faults and limitations, and give up on it and go back to Windows. But I know a chick who ran fucking "idiot proof easy to use" Ubuntu for two years, actually got into the "spirit" of compiling things chasing down drivers, editing files in /etc... but finally got pissed off with everything simply self-destructing regularly (during updates, mainly), and went back to Windows (8.1 at the time - and she's still there to my knowledge).

Now do what you do, ignore everything I just said, and keep blindly screaming into the sky "why why WHY doesn't anyone use Linux?!".

This, the only workflow in loonix you experience as end user is trying to duct tape the whole mess together

Yes hiccups do happen on occasion in windows aswell but that can be ascribed to faulty/bugged programs, the core stuff works flawlessly

I would say to just install all of the apps. What's the worst that could happen?

Process lasso /thread

Attached: 1543667634060.jpg (1280x800, 124K)

Attached: 1543668327066.jpg (1662x938, 180K)

ShareX - legit the thing I miss most when using Linux.

Winearo tweaker - remove some of the windows cancer. Make it more personal.

>apps

Attached: vlcsnap-2013-07-22-19h50m43s17.png (200x245, 57K)

>sharex
Scrot my nigga
>winearo tweaker
Dont need it on GNU/Linux

chrome? normie
get vivaldi faggot

did you really just /thread your own post?

Attached: disorders.jpg (600x484, 136K)

Fuck off Steve Ballsmer. After retiring being microshaft CEO you came to spread wangblows propaganda on 4chink but no one takes you serious

Scrot doesn't come anywhere near as close in functionality as ShareX

I'm not here to debate how windows I'd good and Linux is bad. I don't think that. I'm here to suggest software for Windows as asked.

search everything
vlc & mpc-HC
classic shell
puTTy
FileZilla
chrome, firefox, qutebrowser
a vpn. you do have one, right?
visual studio

there you're ready to go

ShareX, being open source, why isn't there a Linux version? Isn't this the main reason that freetards demand everything being open sourced? So it can be ported to their platform (by someone else) and they can then pretend to be l33t getting someone's sloppy seconds?

sudo dnf install

Fedora just works, uninstall your botnetOS

>cool Windows "apps"
loonix freecucks can keep you with your "cool apps", winchads that have actual work to do run LTSC and use whatever the fuck they need because they aren't brainlets and don't need the opinions of animu board fags.. besides installing random shit in Windows because cool why? I get that you're a shill but be less obvious before those loonix incels call us out for it..
also gnu/linux, btfo

Attached: 9ccb99ca8bc1c2804ce814c52da30b5794ce0010_hq.jpg (720x405, 22K)

Can we have friendly Microsoft Windows threads /fmwt/ pls? where we can discuss Windows and it's usability while also discussing things like unbotnetting, kms hacks, mstoolkit, command, themes, flavors and their advantages and disadvantages, etc? I feel this should be a thing already

>/v/
>grown up
ok kid

github.com/Francesco149/sharenix
next?

>LTSC
how did you activate it?

dumb sataniaposter

>grandma is posting on fakebook and playing AAA games
>mom is looking up recipes and playing AAA games
>your company's ceo is watching the stockmarket and playing AAA games
>that farmer is doing the bookkeeping and playing AAA games
Not all the world is your basement, user. Just because your pirated Windows dualboot/VM is just for gaming doesn't mean everyone's Windows is.

I was just going by the Shittypedia page. I have no interest in the software, so couldn't be bothered digging further.

>/sqt/

Install Gentoo, Firefox, ShareX and Steam if you play games. Also if your Windows version is 8 or anything after that, either go back to Linux or get Windows 7.

Attached: gentoo.gif (640x360, 2.99M)

>grandma
your grandma is a womenchild
>mom
your mom is a womenchild
>ceo
your company's ceo is a manchild
>farmer
he's a manchild
>you
your a manchild as well for encouraging all those manchildren

this. to piss Linux and Mac bois

You should go into professional credibility destruction. If you can do that to yourself, imagine what you could do if you directed it outwards.

woah your so professional, sir
*tips*

>women
>your

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 7K)

We already have had a few /fwt/s. Autistic freetards invade and start shitting their "install Gentoo" and "FREEDUMB!" all over the walls. The first three are often covered (to some extent) in /sqt/, though.

dumb wangtard
install gentoo already

Install chocolatey and Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition

You want an /fwt/? Here's an /fwt/:
forums.mydigitallife.net/

Most of these are decent

Attached: wininfo.png (2023x7836, 1.85M)

copyq
auto hot key
f.lux
touchcursor
git bash
notezilla
listary

Is this bizarro Jow Forums?

>besides looking gorgeous there's not much going on right now.
Nice bait.

LTSC seemed to have major stability flaws for me, installed it fresh twice and the second install wouldn't boot at all after a few days of using it, couldn't find the system restore point or anything. Weird, installed win 7 pro instead. I bought a new larger SSD for a dual boot win 10 and linux but I'm running win 7 pro and I already have that installed on another SSD

revo uninstaller should be on that pic.

THIS!!!!
To my knowledge, there is just one autist here on Jow Forums worshipping Linux distros. He creates a several Linux threads on a daily basis and endlessly replies to himself within them to make it look like that there is a Linux community in existence.

All the other normal people use Windows.

The effort put into the entire Linux project in all honor, but the desktop computer OS is just tooo buggy for normal users.

I guarantee outside the realm of flappy bird and candy crush they are not doing those things you absolute fucking brainlet

icaros
smplayer
qbittorrent

There, now you can watch animoos and have thumbnails for them. That's all you need right.

It's based on .NET which is shit for porting

No, sharenix isn't the same. It's shit

After setting up gpu passthrough and running win10 in a VM, I feel, like, better than you guys.

Assuming this isn't bait you'll probably go back to lunix in a month or two, I installed w10 and it was a lot better than the last time I tried it, but still shit compared to lunix. I spent hours trying to stop winshit from auto-installing the wrong drivers from updates and people say linux is wasting your time.

I'll throw my hat into the ring because why the fuck not.

I cannot for the life of me understand how people could use Linux as a daily driver. I even had issues doing it with MacOS when I used a Hackintosh.
I want to make myself clear here for a minute: I fucking despise Windows. Windows looks fucking abysmal, I have no idea as to what OP means by "looking gorgeous," the last good looking version of Windows was 7. 8.1 and 10 tried to move into minimalism but fell flat on their face. Not only that but ease of use features (preview file by hitting space on Mac, better desktop background control, etc) on other OS's are better.
But the issue is Windows has a stranglehold on the market when it comes to programs that are of actual use. Even on my Hackintosh a lot of programs would just lag because the Mac port sucked so badly.

Unless you literally just browse the internet, Linux is useless. And I wish this wasn't the case because Windows sucks so fucking badly.

ninite.com/

>Cool Windows apps
Fallout 76

fpbp

No one asked you, Todd.

Not because you have no use for it means others don't. Some who have multiple use cases run as many OS variations as they need.
t. Windows for video editing gaming pc, Linux on my shitty laptop that I write notes on
Also, Linux gives you more access control to the user, that makes those who have no idea what they are doing mess things up. I am sure that if gnu/linux was as funded as well as Windows and was actually something that was supported by the masses it would be better. But it's also free, as beer. Sometimes its pirate Windows and run it slow on some no OS laptop from eBay for $70 or use a light distro

Classic shell menu if you're using windows 8.1 and read the FAQ/instructions first.
7zip, vlc, irfanview, notepad2, chromium. The configuring and debotnet, there tons of tools/scripts already made for that.

What version of Windows, OP you retard.

as opposed to linux nvidia drivers rebuilding kernel to make it load on startup.