Confession thread Jow Forums related

Confession thread Jow Forums related
>i ditched gentoo for windows 10

Attached: 1543586280987.jpg (416x270, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9CFIDz2hgd8
youtu.be/tHTa4bQb7_Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i ditched gentoo for arch

good for you

I ditched gentoo but I didn't because I'm not a brainlet.

how long did you use gentoo? like a week?

I just use whatever OS does the job I need it to do. For photography I use a mac mini I've had for like 4 years. On my media PC I just run the latest ubuntu. You'd be a retard to restrict yourself to one system. Be like telling everyone screw drivers are the best then needing to undo a bolt

3 months

I think you're all pretentious faggots that actually have nothing to do but autisticly post here about your linux kernels, but have nothing to actually do with them

I tried Ubuntu for 3 months, I really did, but any time I wanted to do anything it turned into an hour of googling.

I'm just too dumb for linux, so back to Windows for me. At least now I can get some work done.

i finally gave in and wiped my win7 gaymen VM to win10 LTSC, very guilty about enjoying the comfy once i got rid of most of the aids
still a shit unmanageable OS for any tasks other than "click on the game/program to launch it"

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 7K)

4 hours

Its very good for media production as all plugins are windows compatible

I don't give a shit about free software or operating systems. I use windows 10 because I need something that I bcan game on. also, I am a proud cuck amd experienced Java developer

I use MacOS

did you just do a basic install and then try not to touch/learn anything or what? I could not imagine using anything else, save for maybe GuixSD or LFS, with the skills and improved workflow I've gained now.

Maybe OpenBSD or Plan9 too, idk yet but I have harddrive space to spare.

Underrated, and very true.

I tried to avoid the x86 botnet by using only PowerPC and SPARC machines for an entire year. I got fed up with the 2GiB ram limit of my PowerMac G4 last month and gave up. Now my main desktop computer is a fucking Xeon-based system with a Supermicro board of all things. The rest of my machines are still RISC, though.

yeah try developing anything substantial (C/C++) or doing any kind of task that requires automation
if you used windows for ten years would you reach the level of autistic efficiency an emac neckbeard would have reached in those years, no your efficiency will peak after a few months

I went full botnet and am enjoying it

I’m increasingly struggling with writing code at work so I’m thinking about getting a private tutor to teach me how to code better.

>inb4 brainlet detected as ive already detected myself.

>I'm just too dumb for linux
at least you're honest with yourself

I develop proprietary software on Windows 10 for a living.
I bought a computer specifically so I could install Windows on it and play the videogames I've missed out on the past 8 years.

I was using Linux only for a year and came back to windows.
Windows still piss me off but little less than Linux.

you give up to easily
first time i use linux was in 2004, and i only seriously started to switch over in 2009
i'd be impressed if someone successfully switched over 'cold turkey'

I ditched my gf for Windows 10 (she was a Macfag).

>being this edgy

I only partially jest. You didn't have to live through the "just use iSomething" shit.

Retard

>wincucks are bigots
who knew

Yeah, she was mulatto too. What about it?

>still a shit unmanageable OS for any tasks other than "click on the game/program to launch it"
So, why are you using it then?
youtu.be/9CFIDz2hgd8
youtu.be/tHTa4bQb7_Q
You won't gain anything in regards to gaming performance.

Spoken like a true proud consumerist.

Attached: sudo rm -rf∕.jpg (700x700, 145K)

>actually fell for the obvious sarcasm a four year-old could spot
It's true: freetards are turboautists.

i ditched udindu for LTSB

Attached: 1534329956028.png (3001x2048, 3.49M)

I can’t even imagine what it must have been like to sleep with someone who uses HFS as a file system.

Nah, that's not being a brainlet. You at the very least are being honest with yourself and recognized the problem. You're already better than 90% of developers, who are retarded and don't even know it.

Actually HFS+ with journaling - still, couldn't cum with her after finding out.

Kekek we have just hit peak Jow Forums desu

topkek

>Confession thread Jow Forums related
I use windows and can't program.

Thanks based user. Still a bit disappointed in myself but hopefully will help in the long term.

I didn’t even know language tutoring was a thing until I DuckDuckGo’d it.

When I was 12 or so I made a .bat file in C:\ cause a website told me it would improve the system. Obviously the PC refused to boot after restart and my parents had to call a tech-savvy friend to unfuck it.

You may be a faggot, but there are way faggier faggots around these parts.
Congrats, user.

Attached: thumbs up russia.jpg (1000x735, 136K)

that's a canadian

Tried to switch to Firefox and DuckDuckGo but went back to botnet after one month. Googlechrome JUST WORKS.

I'm running Manjaro and don't feel like ever installing Arch.

i got tired of having to manually grab updates for the shit school makes me use, got sick of the shit looks too
i've got a bsd machine acting as a pi-hole anyway, so i'm not getting botnetted either way

Been using Linux for 10 years as main OS, can barely pass LPI, i constantly looking at Stackoverflow for sed commands, and only know how to print columns with awk {print $1 $2 $3}.

Attached: lqCa05E.jpg (698x658, 102K)

>not having a nut driver bit (wine) on your nice screwdriver set (Linux)

I'd like to game but don't have any money.

bone

Try ungoogled chromium and searx.me

>implying firefox doesn't....

Attached: You.jpg (1000x966, 248K)

I like using Edge as a browser

I have a computer engineering degree but am struggling to find success in the real world. I don't think I have what it takes to not be a brainlet

Attached: ymNhhAa88z-12.png (300x250, 37K)

I constantly tell people to switch to Linux even though I used it briefly and hated it

I only use ms word

i ditched debian for slackware

i'm the op and i bumped this thread for the (you)s

I'm happier with less hardware.

I like Mac for *nix stuff better than Linux