Is malwarebytes good, or is it botnetted?

Is malwarebytes good, or is it botnetted?

Need to scan a computer to make sure no cia niggers are hiding anything on it. Still have not connected that computer to the internet yet.

Attached: mb-logo-2[1].png (470x247, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clamav.net/
blog.avast.com/welcome-piriform-to-avast
ccleaner.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users
nirsoft.net/utils/clean_after_me.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

Name 1 open source anti-virus

>need to make sure no cia niggers
>lmao im using windows though
Pick one

Scanning won't do any good in that case; you need to completely wipe and install from known good media.

You'll want to reflash the BIOS from a known good copy as well and do a quick check for any modifications. If you had hardware shipped to you, did it make any unusual detours through Virginia? If so, don't use that one, and buy another system.

Then again, since you're asking for help here, you've already lost the game.

Use common sense. Reinstall clean windows always if you feel compromised.

The only thing malwarebytes is good at is marketing

Can't confirm or deny that. It came out of Florida and was bought on the 20th. Shipping label said it left MIA on the 23rd and landed in my area on the opposite coast on the same day after a 9.5 hour flight which seems to be average for such a cross country trip. Then it sat around all weekend before arriving on Monday.

I just bought a new SSD at an IRL store tonight and just finished reinstalling windows now. Reason I'm paranoid is because I bought it used and for a pretty good price over ebay.

They bought Adwcleaner which was the gold standard in malware removal, so at least they have that going for them.

I'm setting up a USB drive to send files over to it now as well. So far I have:
>drivers (for some reason fresh install of windows does not even have the touchpad driver or network driver)
>veracrypt
>W10privacy (checkbox program to disable some windows 10 botnet shit)
>malwarebytes installer

>using windows
>privacy
pick one desu

They also bought Windows Firewall Control

Why the fuck are you worrying about CIA niggers if you're on windows

clamav.net/

Almost too good to be true ebay purchase actually arrived. Something's up.

It's gud after the fact * most of the time*

Bit like penicillin AFTER you've got a dose of the clap, before EVERY FUCKING synapse in your brain screamed at you
>"SHE'S A SLAPPER YOU STUPID CUNT, WEAR A FUCKING JOHNNIE!"

>Reinstall clean windows always if you feel compromised.

What about BIOS viruses and hardware viruses that have been proven to exist in the wild? A reinstall or full on HDD nuke wouldn't get rid of those.

I'm personally still wondering how I managed to get undetectable spyware on my computer. Despite using every good anti virus software on Windows known to man and finding nothing suspicious I still had a hacker post really sensitive information about me due to the fact that I downloaded a rogue torrent.

Also I have the original SSD in an external enclosure. Is it safe to connect to another computer to read like a USB drive? I'm concerned about shit like boot sector viruses.

There are plenty of viruses that spread that way. I gave a photo to a print shop on a USB drive once, and it had a pile of hidden virus files on it when I got it back.

Use OSArmor to improve your security if you are using anti-virus or if you are a more advanced user just switch from anti-virus to anti-executable like VoodooShield, EXE Radar Pro or Comodo Firewall in sandbox mode (still buggy probably)
Also use a firewall like simplewall in default deny mode and only allow things you trust

It's acting like it's own spyware these days, so is ccleaner. pop up ads with ccleaner wtf!

CCleaner is owned by Avast they just giving it the same treatment as their antivirus

Thought piriform just had speccy, defraggler and ccleaner. Are you sure about that one?

I'm saying that Avast is putting ads and telemetry in CCleaner just like they do in their Avast "free" antivirus

Yeah, but I didn't know avast had anything to do with ccleaner?
I remember that cool antivirus from years ago that totally went overboard auto staring, real time protection privileges etc, avg or something, used to be really good software before that.
It's weird the amount of anti adware/virus software that acts exactly like the shit it's supposed to be defending against.

They acquired Piriform last year
blog.avast.com/welcome-piriform-to-avast

Ah, thanks for the rundown. One thing I'll give the new version is it opens in an instant. I'm on a fresh win 7 install and installed it again (removed now though) opens in a flash.
Oh shit I forgot the main reason I uninstalled it. It auto adds a list of about 14 cookies in the cookies section every time it's launched. Facebook, google shit etc. you have to move them back to the cookie cleaning area every time you launch it. Shady shit.

Use bleachbit with winapp2.ini

But i am using it

Attached: 1521721841340.png (802x632, 30K)

redpill me on bleachbit
i try to limit how many programs i have installed on my machine...
what does it do and why should i use it?

It just a temp file cleaner like CCleaner but open source and with a shitty ui

It's open source.

And ever since the crapcleaner (call it the name it deserves) malware thing - ccleaner.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users
And the constant fucking nag popups
You'd have to be pic related to keep using it.

Not a shill for bleachbit but there's no fucken way I'd use ccleaner.

Attached: Chump_Crunchy.jpg (2569x3948, 3.72M)

i-is it bad that i never clean my temp file?

Attached: 1542276746772.gif (550x425, 1.07M)

Just use the "Any" Key, you'll be right!

I reckon they're usually mostly snake-oil - a bit like "registry cleaners". But having said that a lot of programs today are just bloat.

Muh advice - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Run a scan with a Windows built in Disk Cleaner and decide for your self just don't check-mark the download folder

Attached: 1523692235700.png (375x454, 20K)

Or thumb cache, reloading thumbnails is a pain in the arse.

I'm pretty sure that modern machines can run smoothly even with a cluttered drive. Correct me if I'm wrong.

>he run disk defragmenter on his ssd to get all the files contiguous...

Akshully really gud advice. Get contig from sysinternals - and run that on big files.

I run it on muh registry hives and on forte agents dat files. Bigly reductions.

Attached: Everything's_coming_up_Milhouse.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

>Get contig from sysinternals
Big reductions in file size, performance?
I'm not sure how you utilize that, my files are all over the place, big and small on different internal hard rives.
Thumb caching is something I've never really mastered, I like my folders to have there thumbs ready to go, but win 7 auto deletes after a certain period even with registry tweaks.

Another gud cleaner is cleanafterme - nirsoft.net/utils/clean_after_me.html

It just makes big files smaller by making them contiguous (defragmented) - unless you know what you're doing it might not be worthwhile.

It changed my agent opening time from "go and have a cup of coffee" to "Start downloading pr0n nao!"
Didn't really change the filesize that much (~2gb)

My default view for filemanager is list or details (when I'm not mainly using mc) so can't comment on thumb caching.

is there a program like SD Maid for Android I can use to instantly clean my computer and make it run faster?

Might check out that cleaner, thanks, think I'll just do it manually in the browsers etc. I ended up only using the old version of ccleaner for a duplicate file finder and I know there are other alternatives for that.
>contiguous
Cool, seems really useful for you.

Might have to look into that, seems interesting.
Is that for all files you do that or a certain program?

do not clean registry entries
just don't... no benefits whatsoever and could cause dmage

I don't clean registry, this was me
>I reckon they're usually mostly snake-oil - a bit like "registry cleaners"
but I have found that running
contig -lv c:/windows/system32/config/software
gives me a noice little bump in performance.