ANDROID APP RECOMMENDATIONS THAT RARELY GET MENTIONED

Post Android app recommendations for apps that rarely get mentioned on Jow Forums

Everybody knows about Newpipe you fuck. Stop mentioning it over and over like a newfag.

I'll start

Flym
Transistor
ML Manager
Standard Notes
Radiodroid
Timbre

Attached: ic_launcher.png (192x192, 11K)

What they do

OpenSync for unbotnetting your contact and calendar synchronizations. It syncs CalDav and CarDav accounts.

Fuck, I wish companies were forced to support these open standards in their default apps.

>Caldav
Useless

What else would you use?

Atomize (pngquant for android)
ZArchiver

From fdroid:
Encrypt Text
Essential Launcher

I m using Firefox for Android, but recently he crash a lot and he is slow. Any browser to recommend ?

There's nothing better, honestly. Chromium browsers are shit. But if you really want to;
>Lightning
Light, uses built-in webview, excellent tab UI. Get it from github or fdroid since those versions have an adblocker.
>Brave
Feature-rich, built-in adblocker, has no built-in trackers (unlike Firefox)

primitive ftpd is a nice FOSS ftp/sftp server.

Is this a FREE-ONLY thread? Because there's some stuff I'd recommend that isn't foss.

Thanks, I am gonna try Brave

Any recommendation for screen capture and personal expense apps?

no

Transistor is great. Works with Android Auto too.

Botnet.

Attached: 1317300669057.jpg (640x427, 99K)

Llama.

Flud(although Ads :/) - torrent client
Pastebin - random texts sharing & savings ;)
Transistor Radio - name says it all
Qwant (also includes browser) - for l33t HaXX0rs to stay safe since lately claimed to be more safer and honest than DDG and rest.

Video Transcoder to make webms easily. It has a video preview so you can cut videos at just the right time

Of course you can use ffmpeg from termux or something but it's a bit more cumbersome on a phone I think.

USB Mountr

just use yuzu browser

Pen and paper

I like Yandex Browser.

Fucking pajeetspeech

Feel free to post. There are really well crafted paid and proprietary apps sometimes

Imma keep shilling Tachiyomi in every FOSS apps thread, it's great

Attached: 1543713793117.jpg (256x256, 14K)

It doesn't work with me.
How do I get the pc to recognise it? Should I press mount on the phone before turning on the pc?

Incel and paranoid

What's the best music player? Poweramp?

The amount of manga fags who use anything but Tachiyomi is unreal.
>website x is great
>i use website y
all fucking garbage when they are simply a source for Tachiyomi.

Best FOSS file browser?

I like Samsung Internet, desu. Fast, has ad-blocking, nice on-screen widget for adjusting text-size, and high-contrast mode which styles any webpage into an AMOLED friendly theme with a true black background.

lmao
Any browser that isn't Brave, Firefox or Kiwi is pure garbage on Android. Little exception for Puffin which is the only reliable way to play flash games on a tablet/phone

>>>/reddit/

But Jow Forums is the perfect place to talk about a FOSS manga app.

Whatever, man. I'm pretty new to Android, but I tried a bunch of browsers. I initially dismissed it, because I figured anything Samsung would be bloated shit. But I ended up liking it a lot. Adjusting text size right on the page is really handy because some sites are just way too small by default, and I haven't seen any other browser that can theme every page #000000 black.

tl;dr werks4me

Anyone else having Bromite perform much worse compared to standard Chrome or is it just me?

Try Vinyl.

I see. Cool for you then

Attached: 1511756302986.png (1267x785, 99K)

cute peps

Lucky Patcher
Viper4Android
Text Aide

Waterfox

What is the best screen recorder for rooted devices? Since S.C.R Pro isn't working on Android nougat and newer versions.

Attached: pololo.jpg (475x600, 140K)

You're not alone, it's even worse than Brave at times.

Attached: 8560716669.jpg (1080x1080, 207K)

I use firefox nightly myself. Dunno why but the stable version is also slow for me. I want to change to other browser, but only firefox supports addon in mobile browser.

I used to read crouched over my laptop like a pleb, each page surrounded by ads, now I can get comfy with my favourite series on my phone
>Discussion of FOSS apps on a FOSS apps thread
>Lol Reddit
U wot m8

Attached: 1543698883679.jpg (489x499, 27K)

Tachiyomi creator is a redditor, newfags. It even has its own subreddit.

Shattered Pixel Dungeon

>Flud(although Ads :/) - torrent client
Use Libretorrent

nobody gives a fuck, nigger

Samsung browsers is the best, don't listen to muh libretards, and I've tried them all

Bromite, pajeet

Foobar

>can't into .cue sheet
yep, still poweramp

Blokada for ad blocking

Naked Browser
>no adblock
Just use adaway

OpenVPN to connect to your vpn.
Is there a way to update all the apps at once in f-droid? I rather not press "update" and install every single update manually for each app.

I need a music app thats floss. Jockey has a few bugs so i dont want to use it

>yep, still poweramp
Can I have it cracked without root?

Try wireguard if your vpn offers it. Less drain on your battery from my experience

they're all trash. just use VLC.

1. select the image
2. press "make the phone mountable" or whatever
it's all done and set up. you're supposed to use it like a USB then. which means first plug it in and then turn on the computer.
I think you need OTG support. you also need root.

why specifically rooted phones? I find that the LineageOS built-in recorder works fine.

proprietary and terrible UI. Lightning is far better.

OK thanks user. I'll try it.

KISS launcher

holy shit thats comfy

i think you have to make it a system app to do that.

>I need a music app thats floss
vinyl or vanilla

>Lightning is far better.
Brave > Lightning

>Standard Notes
They ask an outrageous proce for Markdomn support.

Do neither of them support .cue or something? My flacs are just showing up as single files

>Brave > Lightning
Arguable. I prefer lightning's UI much more. They're both chromium based except lightning uses your built-in Chrome or webview instead of shipping it's own which makes it lighter in size. I do use brave sometimes. I'm just waiting for brave 1.0 to be released to see if the browser will be any good.

>proprietary and terrible UI. Lightning is far better.
I don't mind the UI nor proprietary, but it would pop-up accidentaly sometimes, so I'll switch to Lightning, since it too has an AMOLED theme and it's still pretty small.

It brings far more than markdown support.

Currently using Nova Launcher. Is there anything out there that is fast, lightweight but that let's me hide everything, have widgets and has a custom app drawer and not just a massive list of apps?

Retard

I'm a fan of AIO launcher. Everything you need on one homescreen, vertically scrollable if you want it to be. Nice configuration options without being rice. Looks good, runs well, and gives you a swipable app drawer in any app.

PC Remote might be my most used app. Worth every god damned penny. Literally is a remote control for a PC, and I've even set it up as a flight sim control bank with clearly labeled buttons. I use my PC for all media consumption, though, so YMMV.

KWLP/KWGT for ricing, if you're into that sort of thing, is peerless.

If anyone has a recommendation for SMS, phone/dialer, wifi file transfer, because WiFi File Transfer is pretty meh, a FOSS alternative to ReadEra, or general utility/productivity stuff would be awesome.

Open Launcher, its not as refined as Nova but FLOSS'n'shiet

Is there any way in KISS to hide the circle?

There's a few ways to do that, one of which is SmartDrawer, but they're jews and that's more bloat. You could spend a shit ton of time in KWGT/KWLP building it yourfuckingself, or there's LaunchTime which isn't pretty but functions fucking great and is FOSS. Automatically categorizes apps, all categories available from the home screen. LaunchTime was my shit until I started using AIO.

Markor, orgzly, redmoon

Fuck simple apps went full jew now

AFWall+
Battery Charge Limit
TextMaker HD & PlanMaker HD
"Editor" (org.billthefarmer.editor)
SyncthingFork
media Re.Scan.
Ticklr (find yourself an APK, just firewall it or don't give it network permissions if you're noided)
SystemUI Tuner
Xposed modules:
GravityBox
InstallerOpt
ActivityForceNewTask
MinMinGuard
FatMinMin's Network Speed Indicator
Statusbar Download Progress
com.czbix.xposed.wifipassword

>OpenSync is an obsolete (or at least years-dormant)[1] software library framework

How so?

>Open Launcher, its not as refined
The devs themselves say there's a bunch of bugs, so no thanks.
>LaunchTime
That's some ugly ass launcher. Can't even hide the bars and there's a constant empty space on the right, even if you hide the categories menu.

You can resize the bars to get rid of emptiness.

Still can't get rid of everything else. What I wan't is to have an empty screen with a clock, and then when I swipe up it displays the apps and folders and nothing else.

Are you high? It's still open source. He's just making profit out of play store-only users.

Then set that screen up in Nova or any launcher of your choice, install SmartDrawer, and set it to open on swipe up gesture.

You don't get it. I've got all of that in Nova and am using it, but I want a more lightweight option.

what's a good basic gallery app? pref foss
currently using camera roll

Jow Forums has its own subreddit

Simple Gallery, free in F-Droid, might be pay from Google (dev started charging for many of his apps there). All of the Simple apps are worth at least trying (perhaps others have better luck with the camera than I did).

Speaking of Simple, not from the same dev, but nonetheless I really like Simple Keyboard from F-Droid. I can't notice any effective difference between it and Gboard as far as feel goes, which I can't say for AnySoft.

Amaze

BlackPlayer Ex

Said subreddit is only a compilation of anons' posts' screenshots. It's more like a zoo for normalfags to see Jow Forums(nel)ers' stupidity.

Simple Gallery is the best gallery app in existence.

I prefer AnySoftKeyboard due to more symbols being available on long press with one of their layouts. I'm far too used to their layout desu. As for the difference between it and gboard: swipe, emoji section, gif section, text correction.

DavDroid

try kiwi browser

>he's not using Brave Browser with the new integrated dark theme
lmao

Attached: Brave.png (1080x1860, 302K)

thanks, I did try simple gallery before tho, camera roll seemed to be snappier
I'll give it an other go, it's been a while

For SMS, I use Silence on F-Droid
For wifi file transfers, I use adb over network, assuming I'm transferring from Android to Windows or Linux

How did you do it user?

>dark theme
>not #000000 black
>web-pages still white
shit

>he is not using his own fork of firefox focus with dark theme and tabs
baka son