What is the way forward for windows 7 users who aren't going to give into botnet 10?

What is the way forward for windows 7 users who aren't going to give into botnet 10?

Are we going to
>use filthy hacks on our unsupported CPUs to get security updates until microsoft pulls the plug, then use more filthy hacks to make our own security updates when patches are no longer developed
or will we
>use old hardware that is supported and just run the risk of compromised security when microsoft pulls the plug

What did the XP crowd do?

>inb4 linux
Not everything werks, some people prefer the windows 7 desktop exactly how it is (KDE will never create a like-for-like windows 7 clone)
>inb4 VMs
Some people like using the same OS for everything they do. Win10 can still spy on your activity in a VM, and Windows 7 will still not get security updates if run in a VM
>inb4 WINE
filthy. Also try getting autocad, DJ software or anything someone with commercialsoftware-dependant job would use working in WINE. Its futile.

Attached: processor.jpg (1500x1000, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scriptjunkie.us/2018/07/windows-10-decontamination-scripts/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/
voiceofpeopletoday.com/amp/microsoft-admits-windows-10-auto-spying-cant-be-disabled/
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#4faf7fc43a23
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2761494/cumulative-windows-driver-framework-version-1-11-update-for-windows-vi
tech.co/microsoft-withdraws-windows-10-update-for-deleting-files-2018-10
betanews.com/2018/10/04/windows-10-october-2018-update-deleting-documents-photos-and-other-user-files/
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-1809-update-deleted-all-files-from/ff608374-2686-4a08-a4c2-caa4caa6d4e1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Try this out in a VM and see if the results are enough for you. I've had mostly good experiences. scriptjunkie.us/2018/07/windows-10-decontamination-scripts/

>he doesnt know all version of Windows have had a backdoor

Attached: fedora fatfuck.png (247x253, 82K)

as long as they still make x86-x64 based processors then W7 will still work
dont be a stupid retard

Honestly, how often would windows users update if it wasn’t forced?

More detail: the important part is the firewall configuration. I would also disable as many services as possible. You don't need the scripts if you're willing to manually update and manage your firewall each time.

>security updates
Just don't click in shady shit, goddamnit

What do you mean "updates"?

Attached: Untitled.png (900x600, 102K)

run a vm in linux

Use the LTSB edition of Windows 10. It's Windows 10 without cortana and all the telemetry bs, they made it for constant running machines like ATMs etc. Run a few extra scripts to remove some more fluff and you're golden.

>install 7
>install SP1 and all the rollup shit
>disable update service
never

i think that he means feature and security updates that microsoft gives to windows users

I have news for you, retard. All the botnet was backported to Windows 7 through updates starting around 2013. So you can just not update and have no security or drivers, or you can update and be as spied on as a Winshit 10 user. Windows 7 is placeboware at this point. I'll never understand why tards like you thought they could get off so easy.

Going forward, your only choices are Windows 10 or Linux. Linux has excellent hardware support these days and WINE offers nearly perfect win32 compatibility. As far as your precious /v/tard toys go, I don't care. Buy a console and fuck off.

Attached: _0.png (360x262, 190K)

Windows 10 spying cannot be disabled, no matter what you do. Its not an option.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

voiceofpeopletoday.com/amp/microsoft-admits-windows-10-auto-spying-cant-be-disabled/

The only way to not get spied on by windows 10 is to not use windows 10.
You wouldn't walk into a killer rapist's house even if he was neutured, blind and in a straight jacket now would you? Just based on the premise he is a violent criminal, nothing else matters you wouldn't be an idiot and visit his house because there is absolutely no reason to, and plenty of reasons not to. This is basically the deal with microsoft and windows 10's 'privacy hacks' its like seasoning a piece of shit hoping it will taste better.

Windows 7 however is just like a person that had a little drug issue but you can help him fix it (the removeable telemetry update), or a nice piece of food that just got a little burnt, but its okay because you can just cut the burnt piece off.

Which scripts specifically?

>removal of telemetry update

The settings they give you easy access to don't do much. Windows firewall is pretty well behaved though even when you block system services. I haven't seen any weird traffic coming out of my VM with only core networking and specific programs allowed through.

Just put a hardware block between your computer and your router, most people use a raspberry pi for that. Problem solved.

Honestly you don't really need anything. But some people recommend running Shutup10 for the sake of it. There's supposedly a fantastic pre-setup ISO on TheEye. But I wouldn't know about that kind of stuff.

extinction.
convert to linux or die.

very good description there

W10 is shit

Attached: 1496737361393.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

This was supposed to be the thread image but i couldnt find it

>It's Windows 10 without cortana and all the telemetry bs
That's cute.
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#4faf7fc43a23
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328
>So you can just not update and have no security or drivers
What do Windows 7 updates have to do with drivers specifically? Also:
>security on a proprietary operating system
>Going forward, your only choices are Windows 10 or Linux
>advocating the greater of two evils and Linux at the same time
What's the matter with you?

Honestly at this point I wouldn't even care about Microsoft's intentions or genuine good will, they're incompetent enough to write a buggy telemetry system that leaks all of your data even if THEY didn't want it to. See the recent "whoops our major Windows 10 update deleted all of your files lmao" fiasco and similar.

He's either being an idiot and memeing, or he means this one update which you can install manually without having to touch anything else

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2761494/cumulative-windows-driver-framework-version-1-11-update-for-windows-vi

>"I need MUH security updates on an OS that can be hacked anyway and on a cpu that has 22+ security holes!"

Why are you so adamant about security on a proprietary operating system? It's a paradox and Windows 8.1 exists if something drastic was to happen to hardware support on Windows 7.
>KDE will never create a like-for-like windows 7 clone
And why should it? I mean, Microsoft blatantly "created a copy" of it for its Windows 10 UI.
>Also try getting autocad, DJ software or anything someone with commercialsoftware-dependant job would use working in WINE. Its futile.
Cool, so, dual boot with Windows 7/8.1 in these instances as you should in the first place?

>See the recent "whoops our major Windows 10 update deleted all of your files lmao"
for real?

Attached: 1514519952992.png (980x972, 1.54M)

tech.co/microsoft-withdraws-windows-10-update-for-deleting-files-2018-10

betanews.com/2018/10/04/windows-10-october-2018-update-deleting-documents-photos-and-other-user-files/

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-1809-update-deleted-all-files-from/ff608374-2686-4a08-a4c2-caa4caa6d4e1

Attached: kek.png (895x515, 31K)

>pic

Attached: 1526433972380.jpg (640x400, 38K)

Not to mention the very beginning
>force upgrading computers to windows 10
>edge broken on release
>blue screens everywhere
>force updating drivers to broken shit
>windows update still ignoring rules, runs in the middle of a session, hogs all network bandwidth on slower speed internet connections.
Trash. Companies just need to run offline Win 7 machines for business apps and force Microsoft to do mass firings. Start with the HR department. Absolute idiots.

Just because Reddit told you so doesnt mean its true.Telemetry IS there and CANNOT be fully disabled.the updates are smaller but you still have no control.All you gain is that some bloat is missing.

Linux is shit and I'll never use it. Ever.

> I think Linux is shit and I have never use it. Ever.

>What did the XP crowd do?
Moved to Lubuntu. Fuck Windows.

>what is 8.1

fuck the updates. get the sp1 version and disable the new updates.

Install POSReady 2009, or ran the POSReady 2009 registry mod

That is debunked, the guy set the telemetry to Disabled instead of Security. Also, you can thwart the services related to telemtry

Went to windows 7 and then windows 10
You're fighting a losing battle

So that's why only 5% of people in the world are still using XP huh

For those who still want to use XP, yes. I would expect less(~Linux) if POSReady 2009 never happened.

>use stallman OS
>can't even restart pc 3-4 times to get back deleted files without using command prompt

suit yourself. If you like getting it in the but from Apple or MS that's your choice. BSD is shit and I would probably never use it. So what other options can you enlighten us with?

Fuck WinTurd7 and WinTurd 10. Staying WinXP. Comfy.

I unironically still use Windows XP on a day to day basis. It just werks.

>inb4 security fear mongering

>debunked
(((debunked)))

>What is the way forward for windows 7 users who aren't going to give into botnet 10?
Good choice: Gentoo (not even memeing) or some other stable distros
OK choice: Win 10 enterprise + debotnet config through group policies
Win 8.1 as a stopgap until 2023
Bad choices:
- Win10 below enterprise, you literally can't stop the data collection there
- Any unstable linux distro like arch, unless you are a masochist with autism

Security is ignored in Home/Pro/Education

>MUH SECURITY
This is getting tiresome

Dual boot, Loonix for web browsing and light stuff and Windows 10 for everything else. That's what I'm doing tho.

subtle shilling right here. "Oh I don't even care guys that your data is being sent out". It's not buggy, they intentionally left it to send data. Next you're going to tell me Bethesda didn't intend to release Fallout 76 even though it needed a 70gig day one update that didn't fix the major bugs.

The processors thing if I remember right was just specific updates that you need to avoid.

Threads like this are difficult because you have a bunch of linux zealots spewing lies and outdated garbage left and right. Its far easier to just ignore everything they say which means the few decent linux people get lost un the mix of screaming idiots. Take this comment for example, he just complains about everything not linux, insults any whining. Not because he has a relevant knowledge but because it not linux, its like some extremely hateful pseudo-religious compulsion that I think is a coping mechanism for something missing from his personal life.

>subtle shilling right here
>shilling
>discouraging the use of Windows 10

>DJ software
>professional
Install mixxx faggot