AUDIOPHILIA BAD

AUDIOPHILIA BAD

Attached: ath-m50x-design-3-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

abx.digitalfeed.net/list.lame.html
bottlehead.com/?product=bottlehead-badge
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes, and?

This statement is correct. You can't even hear the difference between 192kbps and CD Audio in most cases.

Only if your equipment is shit.

>being fooled by dumb buzzwords into spending literally thousands of dollars on snake oil good

>your equipment is shit
>fails in an ABX test

>y-your equipment is shit
>buy more for overprized stuff
>y-your music format is shit
>use non-free music formats on lossy compression files

W-where did you get a picture of me?

These sound waves are pleasantly stimulating.

>m50x
>Audiophilia

Attached: 1405727214013.gif (500x281, 211K)

imagine spending >$1000 on audio equipment, only to do a little bit of research and finding out your super fancy setup is largely a waste of money

liking music and wanting a high quality setup is one thing, but audiophile stuff goes way, way beyond what is resonable, just about all of it does nothing perceptible, if anything whatsoever, sometimes it's even worse than the cheaper options (the most obvious being vinyl record equipment)

M50x users are hated by audiophools for some reason.

>use non-free music formats on lossy compression files
Who are you quoting?

Which uses shit equipment.

/thread

>You can't even hear the difference between 192kbps and CD Audio
What exactly is "CD Audio"? Wav? 320 kbps MP3? Either way, if you don't have tinnitus or serious hearing damage otherwise, the difference is blatant.
abx.digitalfeed.net/list.lame.html

>What exactly is "CD Audio"? Wav? 320 kbps MP3?

Attached: polbase-5acd4a2aea64e.png (645x773, 71K)

HRTF dummy heads remind me of the NPC meme.

Attached: npc1.jpg (601x600, 86K)

>meme reaction image
I see your point.

you forgot your pic

Attached: npc2.jpg (500x500, 24K)

>grey head reaction image meme
Keep em coming, great discussion man.

>What exactly is "CD Audio"?
there is only one "CD Audio", you fucking retard, it's defined as 44100Hz sampling frequency, 16bits per sample, 2 channel PCM.

t. dummy head

Attached: npc3.jpg (347x347, 21K)

PEDOFILIA BAD

Attached: TAKE_WIFU.jpg (780x520, 188K)

This is what I was asking. Either way, this is a worthless bait thread and I'm clearly not getting an answer. Doesn't matter anyway, because virtually no one buys CDs now.

Attached: fd.jpg (242x41, 10K)

Audio CD's don't contain files, they contain one long raw stream of PCM data
CD-ROM, the extension that allowed for computer files on CD's, didn't exist in the first sever years of CD's existance, it's that old.

depends on your speakers and also the dac
speakers with slower drivers and less elaborate crossovers conceal phase differences and timing errors in 192kps media compared to CD that can be heard in better speakers

a good dac fixes most of these errors

i buy cds

Attached: DSC_6671.jpg (2000x3008, 2.51M)

based.
you guys are pretty much the tech equivalent of vegan faggots and one one likes vegan faggots.

So you're telling me I can save money AND don't have to worry about the quality of my music? Great!

There must be something wrong with your thought process if you're able to come to such a conclusion.

Why? I don't have to spend money on expensive audio equipment and don't have to care whether to download MP3 or FLAC rips because I can't tell the difference anyway. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

what is the coolest "audiophile" sticker to put on a small ITX Pc you are going to put in your hifi system.

already decided the Hi-Res Audio sticker will look quite lame and dumb and MQA is dumb too as its just lossy compression for portable or media use and im sure you can download the pre decompressed rips .

would a DSD audio sticker look cool on it?

trying to decide

based

>Audiophile
>Only buys digital music

If you spend more than 100 on any piece of audio equipment, you're an idiot and a farm animal.

And if you have shit taste in music or listen to vocaloids, just stick to skullcandy earbuds. Your experience will not be lessened or heightened.

Attached: miles.jpg (500x376, 29K)

this bottlehead.com/?product=bottlehead-badge

Based

Take pic related, anyone that says they don't get hard at the prospect of having her fingernails dig in their back while they release deep inside her is a fucking liar.

Attached: 109023eb8d27361f99f76b2ad84816b1.jpg (750x1127, 68K)

If all you listen to is ape hop then sure.

Piano chords don't even extend to treble.

So you're saying you should only buy cheap aliexpress shit instead of quality audio gear made somewhere in a western country.
That sounds like some poorfag coping tbqh.

Attached: f57.jpg (640x640, 79K)

Can you show me where did I mention piano in my post?

Attached: 20181202_202459.jpg (300x83, 8K)

i want /b/ to leave

This
An audiofool will spend just as much on one cable as the studio did on all the cables used to record the music the audiofool will listen to

You can buy FLAC in some services like Bandcamp or BOOTH

>hating people for their golden ears.

Attached: bitchslap.webm (480x300, 457K)

kys

(not true, by the way)

seems lame but I am interested in tubes.

Fuck if I know.

i bought some M40x's for $99. I saw them on sale for $69 at another store a month later (sadface)

What do you use for audio, and what do you listen to. Just curious.

I agree.
t. former artillery officer

Attached: tenor.gif (220x272, 63K)

Based and redpilled. People who think audio quality doesn't matter are copefags and always reach for the most extreme snakeoil examples of audiophools to justify why their $20 wallmart earphones are all anyone could possibly need.

Because they're a more expensive niggerbass version of the M40x. There's no reason to buy them unless you're experiencing a melanin overdose.

how fucking retarded can you be?
your point is that there is no difference in ape monkey music, yet classical music gives also no fucks a out wether is 160kbps in vorbis (196 lame) which contains info from 20hz to 20khz.
which is more than enough since actual music is between 50 to 15k max.
So how come is irrelevant actual complex music sounds the same on a compressed format vs lossless? kys

>unironically hating on m50x

Attached: 5985698656.png (500x294, 23K)

based, MDR-7506 ftw
yikes, no bass and bloated lower mids and highs with shit ton of distortion. Enjoy your earbuds tier headphones, even M50X are better than M40X, if you are that poor get an M30X which are somewhat more neutral. M40X are for nigger music

Attached: yep.jpg (736x1000, 410K)

>No bass
>They're for nigger music
What in the ever-loving fuck did he mean by this? I don't own the 40x, btw, but I've heard both. I don't see a reason to buy the 50x.
If you want that kind of sound for home use, the DT770 are way better. Far more comfortable and much better soundstage.

i was gonna get a 770 later on but ive heard they sound pretty similar,generally though im happy with my m50s atm

is nigger bass, I can't listen to bass guitar chords behind drums in the M40X which I returned. While in my MDR-7506, sounds perfectly transparent and I can pinpoint left from right and some depth. But you sure get earbleed from shit with bloated bass on the M40X, like, Grimes if I remember right.
Basically, M40X is for meme music. It gets very small for a large set if instruments like if they were earbuds. I think what is to blame is the distortion, check some measurements in that on rtings.
Get M50X or MDR-7506 for real music.

3D truly is PD.

Audiophiles are in the same boat as communists whenever their world view is threatened.

No attempt at my perfect brand of pure communism has ever been tried, therefore the times when communism failed don't count.

No audio quality perception test has been conducted with my perfect and pure equipment, therefore all tests that have indicated no difference of perceived audio fidelity between 192kbps and CD audio don't count.

E.g.

FLACfag here, the reason I prefer lossless is that I find it less fatiguing to listen to. I really don't know of any way that this could be measured, but I used 320 for years and there were always compressed albums that I found difficult to get through until I heard them in flac.

reminder that the 7506 is the only way to go, not cheap enough to be in garbage territory but not expensive enough to be in autistic audiophile territory, pair it with a decent interface for recording and you're all set - truly the end all be all

>Sealed headphone
>Be all and end all
good one

based
enjoy your interruptions

Attached: IMG_20181126_120835_HDR.jpg (4000x3000, 1.55M)

>interruptions
what?

Nothing is worse than a mechkeyboard autist.

"Nigger bass" is basically a meme in itself. Obviously yes a lot of "black" music features heavy bass, as does electronica, but go to any rock concert and feel the bass vs. a headphones experience. The bass drum will be mic'd and the bass speaker cabinet will most likely be huge. Why do you think the bass cabinet is so big? to push the frequency at a level it can be FELT.

The MDR are perfect yes for "analytical" listening or recording or mixing, but I constantly am wishing for more "low end" on many sound sources. This isn't because I want "nigger bass" it's because I want more of a balance or presence between all elements. The bass, to equal drums and guitars necessarily needs to be pushed further. (because naturally it is a round low tone which is hard to hear)

The bass is one of the most important elements and should share equal footing in the overall sound. Personally my favorite recordings are those I can choose which instrument to listen to because nothing is "buried" in the mix. Bass is typically seen as backup or "support" and I want it more out front, I shouldn't be struggling to make out the notes

Up to a certain point, yeah. Any audio-equipment over $300 that isn't giant speakers is a waste of money.

Not all of them

Attached: 3dpd.webm (640x640, 1.78M)

>on bus
>can't listen anything
>in house
>family makes noise
>alone in house
>PC or street has noise
is just harder to replicate sound with open back headphones. Go back to the 70s grandpa

I exactly said that the MDR-7506 are better than the M40X because M40X hides the bass guitar. I think M50X would be a nice fit for you, they are more powerful bass but don't hide anything. M40X are just cheap upgrade over earbuds

I think you replied to the wrong person, I'm just here shitposting

see

192 kbps what? If you said Opus or AAC you'd actually be right.

For a person who wants to listen to there music as it was intended there is really nothing better than the 7506 because more likely than not your song your listening to was mastered on them.
But please for all that is good and holy in this world if you do not care about how a song is suppose to sound GET SOMETHING ELSE
I own a pair and I got them because I wanted something that was durable and didn't make my ears hurt after long use. I did get that and except for the pads they have outlasted any other headphones I've ever owned and never gave no issue wearing them for long periods
But the sound really made me regret my purchase for awhile, to me they're very ear piercing on the treble and mode some of my favorite tracks unlistenable.
Digging out an old 80's analog graphic equalizer made them tolerable but after that died I moved to other headphones

>supporting fagcamp with it's leftist bullshit
>you download flac and just get a converted mp3
>no mention on the store page

fell for the ath m50 meme
they sound like literal cans attached to your ears.
I still use them when I travel, but if you want to have a good time listening to music, get at least half open headphones.
bought the dt 880 for basically the same price and the difference is already huge.
I wonder how even better ones sound like

testing

Attached: 1484847865310.webm (1280x720, 2.6M)

what ohm?

how does it compare to my mdr v6? are they the same?

I've used the same DT 880s for over a decade, I just replace the earpads every 2 years. Long-term support and easy part replacement is all I really care about.

The m50s really were a meme because /hpg/ shilled the fuck out of them until Z Reviews exposed them being uncomfortable shit cans compared to m40s and pretty much any headphones within that price range.

>You can't even hear the difference between 192kbps and CD Audio in most cases.

Dude... You can hear the difference with a pair of $100 bookshelf speakers and a receiver. If you can't, something is definitely wrong with your hearing.

Shit... You can prolly hear the difference with a pair of $40 Dayton Audio B652 and a Lepai 2020 amp.

Attached: 113dayt.promo_.jpg (600x496, 35K)

>since actual music is between 50 to 15k max
toppest keks

I have pic related >Brainwavz hm9 since 2013 and im looking for the M50 as some sort of upgrade or any similar, what else is Jow Forums approved and has a removable cable?

Attached: auriculares-con-aislamiento-de-ruido-hi-fi-brainwavz-hm9-D_NQ_NP_642934-MLC27132913245_042018-F.jpg (500x500, 39K)

Getting M50s would be a downgrade.

And any similar ones?

M50's are not designed for casual listening. They're designed for recording. I don't understand the obsession with them unless you're an engineer, producer, or musician recording at the crib.

Same goes for all of the cats posting pics of their battlestations with recording monitors but not so much as a guitar, keyboard, or a kazoo for that matter.

t. audiophile NPC

the ath m50x sound like shit

You could say the exact same thing about their critics.

>tfw listening to black metal which brought me tinnitus
Sometimes i envy the audiophiles, but then i remember that i cannot hear the difference between tape rips and flac

192 and cd is audible
320 and cd is not really audible, but I've got room on my pc/phone, why not

>>supporting fagcamp with it's leftist bullshit
They're a great service that lets me listen to the music before buying it, lets me choose whatever format I want like it should be and it treats artists properly and give them the fairest share of all online services so it's almost like paying the artist directly. I don't give a shit about any autistic politics you're so obsessed about as long as they keep it up.

>>you download flac and just get a converted mp3
What? If the artist uploaded their music in lossless you'll get lossless. That's not really up to Bandcamp.

Because they're supposed to allow you to hear exactly what's being recorded. They're not designed for casually listening to the final product.