SSDs don't make PCs feel fast. They just keep them feeling normal because everything is so bloated now...

SSDs don't make PCs feel fast. They just keep them feeling normal because everything is so bloated now. This is especially true for Windows.

Attached: CFE121F9283B4282BA343F28723AA8EC.jpg (229x220, 7K)

You're right frogposter. Back in the good old days of the 90s we were getting 500mb/s read writes

We didn't, but we didn't have stupid shit bloating up the OS either.

Thanks for admitting there is a difference that has nothing to do with OS. Saged.

>normal
What did he mean by this, Jow Forums?

You didn't need to when your entire OS was less than 500MB.

And was incapable of anything productive. I can't imagine how people managed to do anything on a 80x60 terminal or some shit. Pure luck I guess.

it was 90s shithead

You were on 80x60 in the Win98 days? I was 1600x1200.

Same thing, really. No popular software to speak of. No real web browsers.

it was 90s and nobody is bitching because they didn't have something better
can you stop being retarded?

>they didn't have something better
jackpot. that's why poorfags with pentium IIs whine and moan all day on Jow Forums for falling behind the tech scene.

t. retard

SEETHING

you mean they should buy i9 9900K back in the 90s?
ok, richfag

ironically, you're the only retard here as he's making very valid points and u just keep flinging shit going "UR MEANIE POOPIE HED"

retard
retard
that tard was replying to this faggot and he was talking about 90s

How to make windows 10 go fast:
- install the enterprise version and disable the botnet functions in group policy editor, no more random background activity
- disable the built in antivirus crap

you just got owned

10 rupees has been deposited to your bank account.

I know Jow Forums likes to shit on new technology or criticize it for autistic irrelevant reasons. But I've experienced the true benefit of SSD's which really opened
my eyes. Booting my OS from my SSD takes less than 20 seconds. Booting my OS from a HDD took nearly 3 minutes.
The differences in speed are a night and day difference and it actually shocked me.

frogposting should be a bannable offense

meanwhile there are boards dedicated to frog

I just don't get these kind of comments. My OS booted just fine on a 7200rpm disk, I don't even notice the difference with an ssd. Besides, how many times do you boot your OS per day? It's a non issue.
Sure, programs feel about 1/3 faster to start up, but that's it. And when installing games the responsiveness of the system feels the same or actually slower than on an hdd. Or maybe my expectations were too high, I don't know.
Maybe it's because I bought a budget kingston SSD instead of a Samsung EVO 6gorillion, but reviewers say the difference between them isn't that noticeable, so I don't know what's going on t󠀀bh.

Windows 98 would boot in 10 seconds off a 20MB/s hard drive.
Windows XP will boot in 20 seconds off an 80MB/s hard drive.
Windows 10 will boot in 20 seconds off a 200MB/s hard drive.

Attached: new_boot.png (600x740, 14K)

shut up pajeet.