What age did you grow out of meme terminal editors and started using an actual IDE?

What age did you grow out of meme terminal editors and started using an actual IDE?

Attached: eclipse.png (364x364, 26K)

POO

t. vim/emacs fizzbuzzer

IN

STREET

Thank god I was never enough of an autistic basement dweller to use terminal editors as a replacement for an IDE.

>first day of work
>'alright user, let's get your environment set up! First you're gonna need Visual Studio.'
>sperg out and insist on only using emacs
>'W-well user, I understand you're comfortable with emacs, but we really need you to be using the same stuff as everyone else'
>refuse and they just call back pajeet #523

I just use jetbrains.

VsVim with Visual Studio. Just learn new hot keys and that’s it’s. Emacs/Vim is good for smaller projects and quick editing, but I’ll be damned to debug large projects via terminal.

why would i use anything other than vim, make, and gdb?

Anyone here use codeblocks?

MUTT BURGERS DETECTED.

I was 38 and working. My colleagues were right, much better.

I'm too dumb to replicate eclipse cdt's symbol searcher in vim. Cscope and grep are okay, but eclipse just werks.

>real ide
>eclipse

lol

When I got a job.

Borland Turbo Pascal 7

The most comfy editor and IDE ever

based

the moment i started making things larger than a few files, even then if you're a vim/emacs user there's a bunch of plugins out there for your IDE

imo the real reason why people here don't use them is because most of them look like shit and break the flow of their very specifically colored tiling wm setups

They really do look like dog ass. I can't name an IDE that's pleasant to look at. Even Visual Studio's color theme plugin makes everything look like someone took MS Paint's bucket tool and clicked all the fuck over it.

Eclipse is ugly as fuck, but IntelIJ with night-collour-scheme is quite comfy. I am not able to write Java without intelligent auto-complete tool of IJ. You write psvm tab - profit. You just start to instatiatte some interface - after new you push tab - rest of interface is made for you with all needed setter or methods. In Eclipse you need to click Ctrl-space to enable auto-complete, its slow and breaks the flow. Well, at least Spring Tool Suite is cool

I use Sublime because it's infinitely customizable which allows me to go full-autist with whatever I want so it makes me feel super /comfy/

>I can't name an IDE that's pleasant to look at.
Xcode.

You dodged a bullet. I would've done the same.

This hardly ever happens in real life. I've worked for 6 companies in the DFW area and none of them gave a shit what you used as long as you could use git and the team all followed the same style guidelines.

IDE + Vim Plugin is the best pick. The keybindings might be strong but doing everything else manually isn't.

I count Atom/Sublime/VSCode/etcetera for those too, anything that has extra features for programming is a development environment.

Attached: 1534617897872.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

>DESIGNATED
>SHITTING
>TRACKS

Attached: Screenshot_20181114-131146__01.jpg (1077x1242, 258K)

14, when Delphi 1.0 appeared.

Wait, do people actually not use IDEs? Why would you even do that?

Jow Forums is satire retard

I always used an ide i am not an autistic contrarian. The ide is a tool to save you time

No, it was a personal choice. Using a terminal text editor and the command line is tiresome in projects where you have files and folders nested.

> EPIC

What is a good IDE for python? unironically asking because IDLE sucks

PyCharm

Atom.

Ok this is epic.

>debugging via terminal in emacs
Goddamn plural pejorative term for homosexual man, that's like using C++ but only using labels, goto, logic operators and a single void*.

PyCharm

>instantiate
>interface

>setters
>interface
Haha

I was a man from the beginning.

When I found Eclipse Che. It's still basically a remote editor and IDE running over a text based access protocol, but the protocol is HTTPS instead of SSH so there's a clickybuttans GUI.

Never. Vim only even on large projects.
If your job forces you to use a specific tool, it's shit.

I'm glad you aren't an engineer.

reminder that sts is pure shit vs VSCode

When you need to work on a project larger than 100 LOC.

terminal editors was never meant to do something else than fast editing of conf file

not using an IDE is a productivity waste

>but muh bloated
just get a job and trow away your 2008 thinkpad

Attached: 7776c61c4082f8ad5a77652ff6dab8e88801fe79606a96824dbfaca1ec5a969e.png (799x936, 447K)

I have a job and I use Vim on a ThinkPad. What now?

When will you?

Please drop that clusterfuck and use a Java IDE made by people who actually take the time and effort to make it not horrible.

Attached: IntelliJ_IDEA_Logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 78K)

>java
Kek.

2 months ago when I was asked to make a java project from my company

Installed Codeblocks but got busy and haven't used it yet.