What is Jow Forums's opinion on this browser?

Attached: brave.jpg (700x500, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

panopticlick.eff.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Very good on mobile.
It was trash on desktop last I tried it, which was like a year ago.

Bump for interest. Been using for a month now but it doesn't seem to work on my desktop unless I disable the sandbox

/thread

>advertise Browser as fingerprinting resistant and blocking trackers
>actually make browser easier to fingerprint and track than what it was forked from (chromium)
>Profit thanks to retards at Jow Forums and reddit

yes I am not kidding Google Chrome itself is harder to track and fingerprint than Brave.
A simple explanation: Brave devs edited 20 vectors while leaving the other 500 untouched meaning you are easier to follow than on stock Google Chrome. try it out against commercial trackers/fingerprinters.

Brendan Eich just bought lots of marketing (specifically in reddit and Jow Forums) and brain dead idiots actually jump onto it without checking what it does nor realizing brave is just a huge cash grab by the desperate Mr Eich.

Whoever uses brave is worse than the zoomers win10 desktop with spotify, chrome, discord and telegram that gets posted here occasionally.

OK nice, can you post some real evidence now

>no dark mode
boy I sure like having to compile the buggy beta build to not murder my eyes at night

Botnet

Much better on desktop nowadays

Trash. The big scheme was (perhaps still is, not sure if he's backed out wholly or what) to block ads, but replace them with his own. This caused an uproar, and I haven't seen anything about the ultimate verdict, but I wouldn't have shit to do with anyone's shit who even thought to do that.

Blocks ads, plans to replace them with its own ad network powered by (((cryptocurrecy)))

This is my daily driver for mobile and desktop. Personally I like being able to use chrome extensions. Sync is supposed to be out in the next release which I am looking forward to.

Now mind you, it's windows I'm using it on, thing just closes as soon as it opens on my debian+kde plasma machine.

some real evidence? So you use brave to protect against fingerprinting and tracking but don't actually know how to check that? are you retarded or working for Brendan eich

fyi one of the most basic things left intact is the JavaScript audio api, webrtc devices and media queries. and these are the Most prominent vectors left untouched. (think about why Tor project specifically states every year that you can't protect against fingerprinting / tracking if you use chromium as a base hint they even explained it for idiots like you)

if you don't know how to check the values then why using Brave? it is like “ for profit company x says this so instantly i believe them “

are you dumb? there is no reason to use brave over chrome anyway (except if you like Brendan eich that much). specifically there is no reason to use either over Firefox since ff can also execute chrome add-ons while still being able to block literally all tracking and fingerprinting.

Yeah fair enough. Been thinking about moving off of anything chromium anyway but it's one of those things where I've just gotten used to it. If what they say is true about the whole fingerprinting thing, then that would be a real good motivation for me to get off it.

This Browser is a (((MEME)))

Attached: Capture.jpg (620x529, 67K)

brainlet here, what website is that pic?

panopticlick.eff.org

its panopticlicks eff. while it can say whether something is too unique (see pro brave being detected easily by that shit script) it is wrong in suggesting it can say you are non unique since their comparasion data set is flawed

Nuff said

Even the mobile version is shit. Firefox with ublock works far beyond this POS's ability to render out ads and trackers.

i tested myself, and it says that I have a unique fingerprint. any tips to make me obfuscate my fingerprint, or can you point me in a direction where I can read about this?

privacy.resistFingerprinting;true

It has a Dark Mode though.

where?

Only use it on mobile

What about this guys?

Attached: duckduckgo.png (1080x1920, 117K)

Duckduckgo is a search engine.

Settings > Themes > Visit web store

>daily driver
Cringe

It's not v1.0, it's still beta. But right now it's shit.

This. What's worse is it also happens in tor tabs which are supposed to make you anonymous.

It's not "very good on mobile". It's just a generic chrome browser. Firefox has better features and security/privacy options. There's nothing that makes brave significantly better than Chromium, Lightning or any other Chrome/webview browser.

>Duckduckgo is a search engine.
It's the app dummy, I know it's a search engine. It's on fdroid

I feel this, but the opposite.

>Desktop has most options. Works well. Does not eat up RAM space like most browsers.
>Tablet works, but does not feel as fleshed out as the desktop alternative, yet is still better than most other options.
>Phone version is nothing special, but it gets the job done and still provides additional security and ad blocking that most phone browsers lack.
>Laptop version looks great on the surface, yet requires some bullshit account system if you want to save your preffered settings. Speaking of settings, this mobile version lacks some of the options that made the desktop version so great, almost feels like a different browser all together. Ad blokcing works well, and security still feels nice, yet the browser seems to be far less optimized for mpobile as a whole. It also crashes way more and way easier than it does on my other devices, despite the fact that I never go past 3 tabs at once and do not run heavy web site environments.