Why is Noobuntu swapping if I have 2 free GB of memory?

Why is Noobuntu swapping if I have 2 free GB of memory?

Attached: Captura de pantalla de 2018-12-03 02-08-26.png (1366x768, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

howtoforge.com/tutorial/linux-swappiness/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>SWAP BAD
>RAM GOOD

read the kernel source

You have 4GB of ram, ugamugbuguntu is shit. I don't know what to tell you besides upgrade your ram and use a good distro.

There's a bit of irony in disparagingly calling the os noobuntu when you appear to be a noob yourself

But I never use more than 3 GB user, why would I buy more? I just don't know why it's constantly swapping.

howtoforge.com/tutorial/linux-swappiness/

>calling the os noobuntu when you appear to be a noob yourself
that'sthejoke.jpg

that's what you get for using a javascript desktop. use literally anything else except gnome

Not OP, but that's Unity and it's comfy.

He's a noob using ubuntu and refered to it as noobuntu
What don't you understand

oh right but unity is also shit and it's dead. would you really be using that in the next 4 years?

>having a swap partition
lmfao

UNA

Fuck off, nigger

You never use more because the OS prevents you from using all of it to avoid thrashing. Learn how memory management works, brainlet. If you got more ram, the OS would use it. Enjoy your poorfag PC.

since I don't speak maid I have no idea of what your charts are saying

edit swappiness

bing bing wahoo

swap is meme.
nobody use it.

Is it possible to set a rule that makes a certain application's memory always go to swap?

why are swap partitions still a thing in this day and age especially with ext4fs? i mean a swap files would be much better but most distros dont even offer you the option to use a swapfile from the get go.

it's literally 3 or 4 commands to make swap file

>8gb ram
>no swap
nothing happened so far

lower your vm.swappiness