You will never be able to connect all of your messenger clients into one program again

>you will never be able to connect all of your messenger clients into one program again
>your pc will always have at least 3 messenger clients open at once because everyone refuses to use the same client

Attached: pila1.jpg (1128x782, 154K)

if somebody wants to communicate with something other than irc, call them a nigger and walk away

Typically most blackhats use xmpp with otr for secure communications. Most aren't niggers

dangerous criminal hackers are type of nigger

Used ICQ from like 1999 until 2010.

Then MirandaIM for AOL+MSN+ICQ+YIM

All my friends are dead or have been missing for a decade+ now, so it doesn't matter, but ICQ was the main thing back in the day. (I had a couple 3-4 digit numbers.)

you're thinking of CIAniggers, not your typical dangerous criminal hacker

matrix

>implying you have someone to talk to

Used to use ICQ to find the other freaks to have phonesex with. Shit was cash.

Heh, it's not like I have friends to talk to anyway.

My pc only has finch.

>he doesn't know about bitlbee
skype facebook discord steam and more all from whatever irc client you use

>anything but tox to shitpost

Just use Ramboz you fucking moron.

Do not ibrepeat Do Not use Franz because you need an account for it. Bend me over and fuck me in the ass

>All my friends are dead or have been missing for a decade+ now,
#JustLate20sThings

i blame social media for the destruction of face-to-face friendships. no one has the motivation to maintain a friendship anymore, and everyone is awkward in some way. may zuckerberg rot.

Matrix solves all of this

Riot

I can't even look at the pidgin logo anymore because me and the love of my life used it to talk at night for 5 years before she destroyed my heart and self-confidence.
ive falled hard for the trap meme since

>2018
>not just creating your own python script to take all SMS input, WhatsApp (all phone apps through bullet api), Facebook (messer) and display it on uxterm
100% sweetie

Attached: 1543450275638.png (908x444, 64K)

i blame the jew who happens to be zukerberg

I'm 40 actually, but yeah it started with MySpace after IRC/ICQ/MSN kind of started going downhill.

yeah my social life ended with the sudden desertion of MSN and, i guess, myspace

2006: facebook opened to the public
2007: smartphones were introduced

we never stood a chance

>2007: smartphones were introduced
Found the zoomer. I was using a smartphone running Windows CE in 2005, running game boy ROMs and listening to MP3s and MIDI music while checking my email through Internet Explorer on GPRS.

Born just a little too early, or a little too late. I don't know which is worse.

Matrix protocol does this. Riot.im

yes i remember "smart" phones in 1999 or so, big flip phones with keyboards and WAP. barely anyone had one. they were not the ubiquitous things we recognize today as The Smartphone

perhaps too early, because this cat isn't going back in the bag.

Because they weren't marketed toward normalfags and were mostly used by businessmen and nerds. The iPhone single handedly ruined the internet.

very true

>bullet api
What's this?

>dude why don't you have discord

>discord

>join a discord server
>it's either 100% idlers or 98% idlers with 2% ironic meme spouters

libpurple is a security disaster area. Don't run it.

>nobody wants to talk to me except my mom
>just have facebook messenger

Yep.

is there even any decent and non-autistic way to communicate online anymore besides e-mail? all the old IM clients are dead, as are all IRC channels not related to a software project and the only out-of-box options are bloated spyware

everyone just used MSN for me

>getting msn ad blocker
>getting those nudge spammer things that crash peoples computers

make no mistake, email has become "autistic" too

may zuckerberg rot

>talking to other people

Attached: Adriaen_Brouwer_-_The_Bitter_Potion_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (4001x5347, 1.83M)

my only hope is that as all the big social networks (FB, YT etc.) become more integrated they will become something like their own walled garden sub-internet and everything outside of it will once again be either corporate websites or personal webpages, but hardly anyone seems interested in that sort of thing anymore

iMessage works on my machine ;^)

Jokes on you, I use libpurple-hangouts and libpurple-facebook.

Since they run the ads, because why talk to a zillion websites and set up contracts with them for little money instead of talking to one big web company and making big money, they'll be able to dictate what the smaller websites are allowed to say and do, and what their users are allowed to say and do.

And even if they do more or less do what you said, it won't matter if America adopts china's social credit system, something that is now part of the only socially acceptable political party's platform.

>most people I know use LINE

Attached: 1542435234061.jpg (187x196, 18K)

literally noone uses none of these platforms

>boomer: AIM and emoticons
>zoomer: WhatsApp and emoji

Attached: d3e[1].png (672x787, 930K)

>use Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram, FBM, iMessage, Discord and FaceTime
>have friends I talk to regularly
>I’m not some shitty depressed anime nerd pining for the past on a Chinese cartoon advertising channel
t. 24yo

>tfw you will never sign into MSN again and chat with your friends
>tfw you will never set your status offline then online multiple times hoping your crush notices the online notification
>tfw you will ever brb again

The communicator hell is real.
>company uses skype for business
>everyone agrees it's shit and it doesn't work on Linux
>have to use even shittier skype knockoff to communicate
>find better alternative that even has a server setup by other departament on the intranet
>use for half a month
>"We are now moving to Microsoft Teams. Sorry guys, you have to cease using other communicators"
>the only way to use it on Linux is a web client that doesn't notify you of new messages or a chrome extension
>have to use chrome for communication now
Damn it, for what purpose?

tried it once, the UI was beyond shit, went back to MSN

I use steam on my PC as the exclusive chat program and force everyone else to use it to communicate with me. On my smartphone I use Telegram, WhatsApp and Singal for real life bullshit. It's quite comfy this way.

Attached: 3f8666edf3142642.png (1080x1068, 1019K)

feels good not having friends.

Used 'brb' the other day for the first time in probably a decade. I remembered because it was so unusual...

I miss usenet discussion groups, lads.

You forgot reddit in your list