Waiting for Zen2 gang report in

Waiting for Zen2 gang report in

Attached: zen2.jpg (382x132, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700/3956vs3887
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really wish they had put a little more thought into their names.

Install ZenTwo

Same here, currently on 6600(non-k).
Planning to upgrade when the new ryzens come out, cuz everything Intel offers is a terrible price to performance

it is pretty confusing...if you're a brainlet

intel is anti consumer

have a 1700, may get zen 2 on launch, or possibly wait till eol for am4 happens and pick up the best chip I can get, not sure which at the moment.

On a 4670k here, bottlenecking a gtx 1080. Hoping Zen 2 is a hit. Also glad to see memory and storage prices dropping. If the trend continues with those prices, Zen 2's release will be a good time to build a new PC.

my 4690 bottlenecks my rx 480 in places. Looking forward to grabbing a r5 3600. If it turns out to be 8 cores I'll be over the moon, what a huge upgrade.

rumours are that the 3800x could have up to 16 cores

Yeah if we do end up with significant core increases then these chiplets will be based

neet with 1600 here

make it rain AMD

I doubt there will be any further support for AM4 after zen 2 drops. I'm in the same boat as you any my so-so 1700 is almost certainly going to be upgraded to a 3700x (or equivalent) if zen 2 is what I anticipate it to be. I'll sell the 1700 to recoup some of the cost but i'm mainly doing this for fun.

They've specifically stated they'll support AM4 through til 2020, the last release is supposed to be Zen 2+ or Zen 3, whatever it's called, on 7nm+

Support can mean anything - such as AGESA updates and security fixes, not neccessarily newer cpus.

>implying you won't brick your mobo applying one of their 0 effort 'support' patches anyways

my 1700 would likely go into an emulation machine, been wanting to build a sit down arcade cabinet for a while, but the computer hardware always made me back off.

but honestly, my 1700 is good enough, the only way I would go top end 3000 is if I also went top end everything else, which im not likely going to do unless navi is a beast.

amd specifically stated the only reason they would change sockets is new ram.

>is if I also went top end everything else

For me i've got a C6H so i've got a motherboard that can handle absolutely anything AMD can release. Besides, zen 2 would be part of an upgrade to make my machine truly 4k vidya suitable.

>he thinks ddr5 won't release in 2019

Non-HEDT Zen2 is not going to increase the core count and you're naive to think so. For that matter I highly doubt Threadripper3 will be more than 32 cores. TR2 was a "our server products are proof of concept until server companies validate long term reliability, so we have to sell these chips somehow" response. AMD hasn't begun selling in high volume to servers or HPC yet, though they announced that Rome has won much business.

Think about it - Does it make sense to use the chiplet design with a massive 14nm die for consumer products? No, you're wasting 60-65% of that I/O silicon to support 1 and 2 chiplet CPUs.
You would then think about different 14nm I/O dies for every market segment. But you'd be burning money and fab capacity with both of those approaches. You would need 3 different 14nm mask designs, 2channel, 4channel and 8. You would need custom packaging for three tiers of product. Zen/Zen+ had just one single mask design if we don't count the APUs.
They wouldn't be able to make enough product to recoup design costs before Zen3 releases. A complete business failure.
The Rome I/O controller only yields ~50 working chips from a single 300mm wafer /assuming/ defect rates have halved from the >80% yield days of the 1800X. That's a raw cost of $100 per chip at a 14nm wafer cost $5000. And no, 14nm wafer costs have not really gone down in the past 2 years. It's still a high in demand litho node.

And to top all of that off we know that AM4 is compatible with Zen2 AND Zen3. For a Zen2 CPU to fit into an AM4 socket it must be the same package size.
Because of this, because of the processing needs of most people, because of the performance improvement, and because Intel has nothing competitive coming, I highly suspect AMD has desktop-only 7nm designs which are full SoCs just like Zen/Zen+

I say with confidence that Zen2 for desktop is still going to be 8 cores.

It falls conveniently into when I'm likely to have the budget for a decent build, so yes, absolutely. It seems like it's going to be an extremely strong contender and unless Intel drop their prices significantly they are entirely off the table for this gen.

insider info says you're wrong with each series due to move up 2 cores with exception of r3, and we don't know how many cores a new r8 series could have

>insider info
>anonymous sources
>something something rabbit out of my ass something
Provide the evidence

2019 estimated

and

A 2016 presentation by Intel suggested a JEDEC plan to release a 2016 DDR5 SDRAM specification, with the memory being available for end user purchase in 2020

possibly late 2019, and it wouldn't shock me if amd does a phenom II and has a ddr4 and ddr5 controller on the first gen for ddr5, given what ram typically costs when it comes out, there is no way in hell amd is going to go full in on ddr5 the moment it comes out on anything lower then threadripper.

noctua d15 here, and a 4k monitor.
Im waiting on a gpu upgrade but nvidia priced themselves out of my range, and amd, if ps5 is anything to go by, seems to be getting a mid range monster ready, for me, this would be the reason I upgrade the cpu... well that or getting a vr headset, wanted one for nearly 20 years now and the price is just about palitible, but I refuse to use win 10, going to hold off on anything till I see valves new vr headset.

I was about to pull the trigger on a 2600x on black friday but I'm gonna wait now. Rockin a 3570k @ 4.4ghz till then.

Waiting for zen 2 is smart since you'll be able to get a pcie4 mobo

i7 4770K here. I play at 1440p so that's why I've kept it and chosen to spend money on GPU upgrades instead, but next year I'll be getting a 3700X with most likely a gigabyte board as they won the best Z390 series board. Asus fucked up this time but I'll see whose is better for X570 Zen2

>mfw normies will still buy intel even after zen 2 drops because the clock speeds are still higher

Attached: 1473456883606.jpg (720x438, 30K)

>normies
It's gamers, actually. Because of fps.

Wait for Zen3

2200g user preparing to be disappointed

And what do you think normies who build computers do, exactly?

If prices start to go up again I will buy the memory and storage first and wait it out for the processors.

normies buys macs or prebuilt or gaymer lapturd.

Think my trusty oc'd 3570k will be sold for zen 2 if they smash the single core performance. Here's hoping

i5-6600k here.
Patiently waiting for Zen2 to replace MB + CPU and probably my old case too

are you me

Desktop/Laptop versions are going to be 1 chiplet binned (4,6,8 Cores + SMT) with off-die, but on package I/O (24 PCIe 3.0 lanes and dual-channel DDR3 support to retain backwards compatibility with AM4) and Vega 10 die.

AMD will finally address their main strategic disadvantage in the dekstop/laptop markets by making iGPUs ubiquitous throughout their line-up.

It is quite possible AMD will follow-up with a Zen2+ with some flavor of Navi or wait until Zen3 for it along with new socket required for DDR5 support.

We'll get Ryzen 3000 on the AM4 for sure, as for Ryzen 4000, we'll have to see if AMD wants to add DDR5, PCIE4.0, USB 3.2 aka USB 3.1 gen 2 20Gbit/s

I got a 1700x and don't really see anything left on the AM4 platform to upgrade to unless AMD decides to drop 10/12/16 core CPUs into the AM4 socket. Shelling out hundreds of dollars for minor clock increases seems like a waste of money.

you don't know what they're going to release so stop acting like it

here.

Well the only thing I assumed was 3000 series on AM4, now if AMD decides not to, then they would basically be taking the same approach to Intel on only having 2 gens on 1 socket, and that would be fucking LOL AMD fanboys BTFO.

you assume they will be using chiplet design

I said "unless AMD decides to drop 10/12/16" cores, which doesn't fucking assume anything.

I'm not fucking

Attached: screen.png (473x104, 6K)

your posts are very similar. including the reddit spacing

Thinking of replacing my r5 2600 down the line desu. I like the processor but since I only spent $150 rather than $300 like a good Intelgoy I could get an even better Zen 2 processor and have a backup or one to sell to a friend. Thank you based AMD

Attached: 1543332178272.jpg (757x627, 87K)

why would a neet upgrade every 2 years

will an upgrade to my 4690 finally be warranted
please, amd
please

he's a consumerist retard

>4c/4t
uhh

Same processor here. Still pissed that 7700s cost like $300 still. For that price plus a cooler for it, I could get a b450 board and 2600x

When will zen2 be out?

Also, will the next Raven Ridges be based on Navi?

Jesus Christ 7700 is still over $300 LMOA

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700/3956vs3887

same t. i5-6600. I bought it hoping that I'll upgrade it to 7'th gen i7 later on, but ryzen7+mobo is still cheaper. Waiting patiently for now...

It already is, but at this point you might as well Just Wait(TM)

Attached: 20181203_093031.jpg (860x993, 213K)

>spending $500 for a 10% improvement is worth it

> 10%

>$500
plus I already told you to wait

i5-4670K @ 4.2GHz here, I'm sick of putting up with 4c/4t. And can't clock it higher because fuck silicon.

Any new information about Zen 2 APUs?

And barely better than a 6600k

Is this image true lads? I saved it this morning but I cant find the thread it was from.

Attached: 1543831665152.jpg (2419x1546, 718K)

Holy fuck Duron is a name I haven't heard in years.

Too good to be true.

Waiting for DRR 5, PCIE 5. 0 reason to upgrade if you have a computer from 2012 and on.

> iGPU
fake.

Yeah, also 4 different manufacturing processes seem really far fetched.

> speculated
It's unofficial and therefore everything there may be false.

Why can't AMD make a 16 core CPU with an iGPU?

who said I'm upgrading?

What's fake about that, ryzen already has iGPU now

highly doubt

retard

seems fine to me

3570k waiting for Zen2 reporting in, god I want to replace this thing so bad.

Attached: 14837330045911.jpg (1080x1289, 109K)

>3570k
3770k here

Went from a 4790K to 2700X, no regrets.

is the ryzen 1700 still good?

2500k best toaster reporting in, waiting for zen2 and bottlenecking a 1080 like a pro

It's ok, but 2700 costs just a bit more and has better frequencies.

>guys is this fake??????????
>64 cores at 4.95GHz
That's a fucking atomic bomb. What koolaid do you have to drink to even think this is real even for a second

If this were to be true, they'd push Ryzen 7 out of the needs of normies.
The price would be fine, but what casual person would need 12c24t? 3600GX would be goat.

Patiently waiting. The upgrade from my i5 4590 to Zen 2 is going to feel great.

Maybe they don't like latency?

I'm biding my time with a 4790K @ 4.7GHz, Zen 2 might be what finally makes me upgrade. I don't really feel a stringent need for a CPU upgrade though, my Haslel still handles 60FPS at 3840x2160 just fine. Some games like TWWH2 with like 3000+ units on screen still get bogged down, but I don't think a faster CPU would be a major help since the game doesn't get that much use out of moar cores.

I'm saying that's what you were implying, and now you're playing coy
Please give me another reply where you double down

>make it rain AMD
>y-you're implying
No, that's just you.
It might be easy to get the assumption since I'm on a 1st gen and posting in a "waiting" thread, sure. However whether I upgrade or not is not only not your concern, but my personal choice.

Right now the only reason I got a 1600 is for PS3 emulation. It's decent for most titles I play but the emulator is immature so a bit of performance for the heavier titles may come in time.
Intel wins hands down for the TSX instruction set. I'm very interested how much performance AMD can bruteforce with Zen 2.

Where's Zen 2+?

TSX is unbeatable in PS3 emulation, and buying a 6core with low clockspeeds was a dumb choice

>That's a fucking atomic bomb
Probably a turbo frequency not used on all cores and/or only used for a short time

i7 2600 waiting for zen 2 desu

Reminder Zen 2 will have better non-housefire AVX-512 support

retarded rumor but.
>ryzen 9 (3900x)

I can really see mama Lisa going for that after 2 or 3 years of trolling intel's chipset naming schemes.

waiting for lenovo flagships with zen2 mobile.

TSX for PS3 emulation is one of the few things still making me consider Intel for the next upgrade.

AMD fags love to wait just as much as a cuck waiting to please his wife. Funny thing is they always wait
Raja learned AMD was trash and left. Bet intel pays well compared to AMD minimalist pay for engineering

Attached: 906CEEEE-89C4-46E5-9B16-B90D5DF1D68A.jpg (547x287, 173K)

here's the retarded rumor for context.

Attached: 1scd64bioy121.jpg (4032x2577, 2.5M)

6600k here
backup uses an i7-920, so I'm hyped about my upcoming 6600k media server/stream PC