Was programming really invented by a woman?

Was programming really invented by a woman?

Attached: turningtest.gif (478x358, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism);
youtube.com/watch?v=ML4tw_UzqZE&list=PLZioPDnFPNsHnyxfygxA0to4RXv4_jDU2
youtube.com/watch?v=v19cu2hj2Ms&disable_polymer=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah, only incels can't accept our queen and saviour ada lovelace

who? actually nevermind i dont care

>the first programmable device was invented by a man
>but somehow the first programmer was a woman
I hate this meme

Programming used to be a women's job, it's basically just glorified typewriting desu senpai. Real men do real engineering or physics.

Unless Babbage identified as a woman, no.

programming used to be data entry work

Ada Lovelace was the industry's first scene whore

I get she's the first but wasn't she pretty much forgotten until the later half of the 20th century so her work unfortunately didn't have any influence over programming?

That's because she "invented" programming in the same sense that the ancient greeks invented the computer (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism); it's true if you use a technical definition of the term that is far from what the colloquial definition of the term is.

Yes.

I have news for you. People are different, not all women are the same, and not every men is equal to the others.

She had the chance to study Babbage's machine, and did something about this.

Yes.

I have news for you. Not all women are the samew. And not all men are the same.

She had the chance to study Babbage's machine and did something with this chance. Now she is part of history.

>be me
>19th century polymath chad
>invent first computer in history
>built out of iron and machined brass
>invent a language just to describe the inner workings of the machine
>gee I wonder what to do with it once this hulk of metal is completed, should I shove it up my ass?

Programming the machine was so trivial in comparison that he probably didn't even considered important to write some papers about it.

That's a weird way to spell Coraline Ada.

No, Ada did not contribute *anything* to the field of computer science or programming.
Babbage's machine didn't do much for it either.
Credit Bool, Church, and Turing

It wasn't. The secretaries who knew nothing about programming would read someone's handwritten code from paper and write it into programming cards and then hand it off to the computer gods in the back room where they would use these cards to run the code, usually a day or two later.

Attached: FortranCardPROJ039.agr.jpg (1687x809, 376K)

based and redpilled picture

I only acknowledge autistic faggots

No, her husband was the one to teach and guide her to do it.

She changed Babbage's programs, that's the first program she wrote. She improved over what he did, and corrected mistakes, but Babbage clearly is the first programmer out of the two. I don't really understand where this meme came from other than that people will lie about women in history because they don't think they're good enough on their own merit and 'need it'.

Ada was probably a smarter person than the average Jow Forums poster though.

there is an awesome channel btw dedicated to it
youtube.com/watch?v=ML4tw_UzqZE&list=PLZioPDnFPNsHnyxfygxA0to4RXv4_jDU2

yeah i followed this guy around
youtube.com/watch?v=v19cu2hj2Ms&disable_polymer=1
this is literally the most impressive shit i have every seen in my life.. they just converted their math into gears something that we didnt saw since the 18th century

This.
/thread

Attached: autism-3.png (2048x1152, 1.9M)

Not even. Some frog in the 1700s created a programmable loom that used punch cards.

Attached: albert.jpg (1920x1080, 404K)

years later and this is still one of my favourite images of all time