Is there allready some rank saying which SSDs are most faulty or just shitty...

Is there allready some rank saying which SSDs are most faulty or just shitty? Also according to technology like MLC/QLC and so on?

Attached: ynk1h.jpg (781x500, 86K)

>he doesn't know the most common point of failure for SSDs

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

enlighten me

Just buy whatever meets your needs. Ssds have always been equally or more reliable than mechanical hard drives for me. I remember reading an article stress testing ssds and hard drives and they came to similar conclusion. Hard drives can have mechanical failures pver time.

I bought a shitty no brand 128gb SSD back in 2014 and it still works flawlessly

Thx. But i still need to know which company disks i have to avoid. I heard my polish goodram isnt very good. There are also adata and siliconpower.
What do?

Limited amount of read/write cycles.

Great but you won't pay for it:
SLC
Good (if not lowest tier chinkshit):
2D or 3D MLC
3D TLC
Stay away:
2D TLC
big HDD replacement soon:
QLC

I'm in no position to say anything about the reliability of SSDs as I'm not a third party tester with hundreds and thousands of samples but I've had the following fail...

2 Intel 52Xs 120
1 Crucial MX100 256
1 Ezlink Sigma 128

1 Crucial MX300 256 that randomly hangs at 100% utilization for a few seconds even after full reformat and fresh installs, firmware is up to date.

On the other hand, I've deployed these that are still working fine.

Kingston V300 240
Kingston UV400 240
Kingston A400 120
Intel 545s 256
Ezlink T34 120
Klevv NEO N500 120/240
WD Green 120
ADATA SU650 120
APACER AS350 128
KingDian S100+ 32
and a few more random local shit that I can't remember off the top of my head.

The thing is everything will fail, it's just luck of the draw.

He probably means the controller. Most SSDs are rated for so many writes it would take more than a decade to fuck them up with normal use.

It's important to avoid getting shitty drives that can only deliver the advertised speeds when you're writing to the cache.

Goldenfir the best, sir. Good product. Buy now, sir.

just buy Samsung 960/970 evo/pro and be done with it

yea i know dat.
thx mate

I was thinking about those adata and wd green
i guess i will take them.

I mean the firmware. Some of it is so bad that if you fill the drive to capacity and attempt another write, the entire drive will fail so hard it will not even present itself to an OS.

Thats weird. It doesnt warn user and stop it?

Best performance: Higher end WD and Samsung
Most durable: Sandisk, WD, Samsung, Kingston, Intel
Shit tier: Adata, any brand you've never heard of

There are probably others I'm forgetting.

>he honestly believes he'll hit the write limit on a consumer workload

Worth noting: the larger the drive, the higher the write endurance

how the fuck is a storage drive gonna make a popup window?

My experience with modern SSDs (last 5 years) is unless you're doing constant huge data transfers, you'll never run out of read/write cycles.
The only SSD ive ever had die was barely used and 3 years old, and it died without warning and was totally unrecoverable - this is the real danger of SSDs, less change of recovery and less indication it's going to die soon.

Driver integration

Anybody else been seeing a whole lot of TLC drives advertised as "MLC" because "three bits is still multiple bits so the acronym is ~technically~ not a lie" lately? Just a matter of time til they start doing that shit with QLC and 5LC too.

get an EVO
/thread

Hello, I would like to replace the hd in a HP xw8200 running xp os, currently has 2x30gb drives.

What's a good ssd for the money, performance is a higher priority than size on this one.

What specs do I need to look at to get one that works with the aging xeon.

Thanks.

>go to slickdeals.com
>enter SSD on search
>probably profit

botnet

stick to samsung. avoid others and you'll be fine.

I have and 40gb toshiba HDD working 24/7 since Bin Laden killed hundreds of burgers.

HDD > SSD

Attached: 1448398165002.jpg (362x346, 38K)

>hard drives shit themselves left and right
>lmao tier random access
>mechanical components destined to wear out and bring the whole drive with them
>"guys look at my miracle drive still going, SSDs BTFO"

windows 10, hibernate mode, hybrid sleep, hybrid shutdown

>stick to samsung
no, thanks. I don't support RAM cartels

The most long lasting storage device will be those 5D crystal things, which means SSD BTFOs HDDs into the next billion years

Just bought the wd blue 3d nand 500gb *dabs*

but so fragile. U hooh on them an they like im out.

Well here's a slav endurance test if it helps

Attached: endurance-final.png (757x945, 61K)

kek

Attached: laughd1.jpg (162x138, 6K)

Intel is by far the most performant and reliable for SSDs but they charge a large premium. Everyone else is slightly behind and are using the same off the shelf controllers and nand from samsung and hynix.

That only applies to Optane.
Regular Intel SSDs are middle of the pack, and they use off the shelf controllers too.

afraid i don't speak slavish