I recently made the leap from Chrome to Firefox after years of getting more and more pissed off with Google

I recently made the leap from Chrome to Firefox after years of getting more and more pissed off with Google.

Some things are taking some getting used to, but there's one feature of Firefox that is driving me crazy and I desperately need to know how to turn it off.

>Hit CTRL+Shift+P to open a private browsing window
>Go anywhere (let's say Jow Forums.org)
>Close the window
>Wait several hours or days
>Hit CTRL+Shift+N (the Chrome shortcut for incognito windows that is part of my muscle memory)
>Jow Forums.org opens in a non-private window

Firefox is not only persisting the last location I viewed in a private browsing tab (which defies the purpose of private browsing in the first place), but upon resuming the session it's resuming in a non-private window, which means websites visited in private browsing can accidentally show up in my history and leave cookies.

How do I fix this?

Attached: firefox.png (1024x768, 338K)

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue.
Also, ungoogled-chromium is an option.

Attached: 1535222245774.png (200x193, 30K)

>I recently made the leap
God, quit acting like it's a fucking accomplishment to click on the import button you twat.
>How do I fix this?
By not being a retard and checking "Clear history when fagfox closes", aka private mode by default.

>Firefox

Attached: womyn_and_shitskins_cant_into_merit.png (1352x1448, 182K)

You fix it by googling the about:config parameter

>How do I fix this?
Use Waterfox.

>using private windows
for what purpose?

Anons have been telling me about Waterfox; seems good, I'm gonna give it a try. IceCat too

Attached: wojaksmoke.png (632x852, 47K)

I hate when I'm using someone else's computer and all they have is chrome, of course, and I go ctrl+shift+P (muscle memory) and it starts a printing job.

Just use ungoogled-chromium for fucks sake.

I originally discovered the issue because my job requires me to test web pages in various browsers with various configurations. This means I'm often entering private browsing mode to avoid weird issues with sessions or cookies at my job.

I also occasionally open a private browsing tab to hop on YouTube or Jow Forums during work hours.

Fortunately I discovered this issue with Firefox before I got caught on a work call sharing my screen, trying to open a private browsing window, and explaining why Jow Forums popped up.

I'll look into this. Hopefully it has fewer memory / CPU issues than Chrome. When I made the switch from Chrome to Firefox last week I immediately noticed my browser using half as much RAM and websites loading faster. I'll be disappointed if it goes back to being bad.

I'll look that up, as well. I Google'd around for browser options when I was making the switch from Chrome and there are literally thousands in 2018. Some people say you aren't safe unless you use Tor (which takes 8 minutes to load a web page because the Tor network isn't well funded), some people say "Brave" is the pinnacle of browsing, some people say IE is actually not that bad, some people mention IceWeasel... There were so many hundreds of options I got overwhelmed and just decided to try the first and allegedly best open source browser

I trust Mozilla wouldn't let bad code into their browser in the name of diversity. I think that's just a PR stunt

I'm still using Firefox for the great addons and the fantastic about:config configurability, but fuck pozzed Mozilla, so I'm shopping around for forks

Attached: hackerman.gif (500x281, 1.72M)

>you aren't safe unless you use Tor (which takes 8 minutes to load a web page because the Tor network isn't well funded)
This isn't 2010 anymore, I use Tor on a regular basis and it's not that slow at all.

Regarding the "wasn't able to reproduce", I did some further investigation. I somehow triggered a bug in Firefox.

When I went to my history sidebar and searched for a site that was opening with "Ctrl+Shift+N", nothing popped up. I skimmed the list manually and it was nowhere in my history. Then I check out the "recently closed windows" and there it was. Because it was no in my history sidebar, I couldn't remove this site from my history explicitly. Selecting "Clear recent history..." didn't even fix it.

I then went to the site manually in a non-private tab which **did** put it in my history. Now from my history I was able to right-click on the site and say "forget this site..." -- this finally removed it from my recently closed windows.

I then opened the site in a private browsing tab, closed it, and tried Ctrl+Shift+N again. Didn't repro.

I just had a weird reference to the page sitting in my pseudo-history and Firefox didn't know how to delete it. Once I tricked Firefox into removing it, the browser is functioning as expected.

one real shitty thing is the search bar - it's in the bottom, but when you highlight text you can click the magnifier icon insta-paste it in the search box, but he search next/prev buttons are in the bottom... it's going from one corner to the other...

>shapiro
>erwin

Attached: I'm just saiyan.jpg (412x300, 28K)

>I trust Mozilla wouldn't let bad code into their browser in the name of diversity. I think that's just a PR stunt

I hope to fucking god you are right
It's like the open source community started drinking led based paint instead of water recently.

>I trust Mozilla

Based on wishful thinking. Nice.

>open a private browsing window
user, you can keep firefox in ram

>ungoogled chromium
based, using that right now

You're 1337

You made the leap way too late. Might as well go for chromium or ungoogled chromium, firefox is as good as dead..