ITT post desktops and others try to guess how long you've been on Jow Forums

ITT post desktops and others try to guess how long you've been on Jow Forums.
Theres plenty of stuff on my desktop you guys hate, and plenty of stuff on here that would prove i know a little bit about what i'm doing

now guess! and don't forget to post yours too. See if anybody can post a desktop more mentally infuriating and inconsistent as mine.

Attached: Capture.png (1920x1080, 2.07M)

2 months

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1366x768, 48K)

4 years

Attached: D904E6D8-6AC3-4097-8378-1C2569EA06E6.png (1920x1080, 549K)

Attached: Snapshot8.png (1280x1024, 916K)

>plenty of stuff on here that would prove i know a little bit about what i'm doing
Really? Because I can't find even one thing that suggests this

Go for it lads

Attached: 2018-12-03-19-38-40.jpg (1440x900, 148K)

1 year

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 2.53M)

Now try guessing my age, too

>I unironically can't even tell if this is windows, reactOS, or riced linux

tell me everything user, it looks beautiful

Windows 7 Ultimate with classic theme on an x220

Hmm... 28

Take away 7 and add it to the first number, kek

Well, this is my messy gaming computer. My real computer runs linux, and I opt for open source where I can.

>cygwin

Thats at least what I meant. Its a mess of proprietary software but I'm still a FOSS head

i dont know i just looked at my desktop today and said damn this looks like it would infuriate Jow Forums because of how inconsistent it is with proprietary shit and FOSS, or how inconsistent it would be for someone who uses FOSS to be using this ungodly setup. Now I'm aware I'm just coming off as show-offy and appear to be justifying what looks like a shitty setup

I'm being stupid again. stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid

Actually about 1.5 years, but yes my desktop and use of proprieshit makes it appear that way.

at least we don't use chrome, proprietard.

>he thinks firefox isn't a botnet
>he thinks winshit isn't a botnet
Dumbfuck. If you're gonna use a botnet browser you might as well use the best one.

Attached: stallman_winfags.jpg (2048x1536, 750K)

>chrome
>any better than firefox
???

It's faster and uses less RAM.

A month

Attached: 1543097386794.png (1366x768, 311K)

This is one of my computers, used for things linux can't do competently. I have a seperate system that is all FOSS. Also google is a bigger threat to privacy than microsoft. Microsoft just wants money. Google wants political control. If you ask me, one is worse than the other. Also:

>most of the things that work in chrome WORK in firefox
>most of things that work on windows DON'T WORK on linux

fucking do the math cunt

Also don't be telling me that everything works on linux how it should, VMs are still used and GPU passthrough is a thing, and so is fucking WINE and dual booting and all the other things people do to crawl back to windows.

It also doesn't harvest and sell your data.
It also can be forked if you are still worried about privacy.

You seem asshurt. I've switched completely to Linux and I no longer use winshit for anything. You can jump through as many mental hoops as you want to justify your botnet cocksucking but you're still using winshit and you're still getting spied on. I also don't use Linux because I care about muh freedumbs. I use it because it's the modern day equivalent of Unix. It's stable and it can be used to get real work done.

>Also don't be telling me that everything works on linux how it should
Everything works exactly how it should for me. Maybe you're just slow, faggot.

>reee muh wine
It has better win32 compatibility than Windows itself. There are programs I use in WINE that don't work on Winstain 10.

See

What work do you do?

>I use it because it's the modern day equivalent of Unix

I manage my personal finances, write letters, emails, work on open source software.

so not a job lol

Not an argument. If you ever get a real job you'll quickly find out that they don't let you drag your gaymen RGB horseshit into the office. You use the hardware and software they give you.

yes, and it's usually windows or macos in some dev jobs. The user arguing with you is just pointing that out. Many hobbies also require windows and at that point it becomes a question of whether or not your hobby takes precedence over software choice.

>You use the hardware and software they give you.
So a 5 year old laptop with Windows 7 and Office on it?

Maybe we could guess the age instead.
For you OP, I would say 13 years old

My job doesn't actually require winshit. The only reason why it's used is because the US government has contracts with Microwanker. The "lol see it runz da winshit" argument is fake and gay. The ability to create word documents and spreadsheets is in no way tied to Windows.

Your video games are not real work either, /v/toddlers.

there is no good replacement for excel.
Calc works for simple tasks but has not more advanced formulae and has no add in support either.

Apologize.

Attached: 20161015041105525.png (256x256, 12K)

deprecated and literally has the same issues as libre office I just mentioned

That's wrong, and even if it was true you can use MS Office through a web browser now. So like I said, none of this is tied to Winshit.

>That's wrong
it isn't. Excel is used in the financial industry and nothing else comes close in functionality.
>you can use MS Office through a web browser now
again, it's very limited. The type of stuff that works in excel online is the same shit you can do in libreoffice or open office.

Look, the inside of my asshole is getting chapped from all the smoke you keep blowing up it. Here we come, full circle. Use WINE.

Attached: linux-wine-670x335.jpg (670x335, 39K)

You can see from pic related that I am limited to 2016. Here are the comments:

>What was not tested

>Advanced functionality.
I have already used excel through wine and it crashes/freezes frequently when using specific formulas but is ok otherwise.
Not really ideal and not usable for work.

Attached: Capture.png (770x348, 22K)

g'wan m8s, 'ave a go.. uwu
u w u
w
U W U

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-03 14-47-38.png (1366x768, 68K)

>I have already used excel through wine and it crashes/freezes frequently when using specific formulas but is ok otherwise.
If you say so. I've never had a program crash in WINE. I've had programs not work where they crash immediately but once they work they work for me. What exactly are you doing with it that's causing it to crash, and can it be reproduced?

It's been a while and I was running it on a chromebook with linux, but it would frequently freeze seemingly randomly and I would have to restart it to make it work again.
Perhaps it was an issue caused by myself though, since searching online doesn't yield many people having issues with excel through wine. Couldn't help to try it again now that I have a different laptop.

Attached: 2018-12-03-145333_1440x900_scrot.png (1440x900, 1.4M)

hey Jow Forums!!!

Attached: Picture 1.png (1024x768, 633K)

1 year

I gotchu famalam

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-05 23-01-21.png (1366x768, 17K)

four years

Attached: asdflkjhg.png (1920x1080, 890K)

6 years

Attached: Screenshot_20181203_132348.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

is that ruri a vector or just a high quality picture?

three years.

Attached: 2018-11-30-225147_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 461K)

6 years

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

say what you will about windoze ten, but it just werks when it decides to.

Attached: desk.png (1366x768, 641K)

>when you forget to say how long youve browsed Jow Forums
well played myself, it's been roughly ten months

Attached: 2018-12-03-103935_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 52K)

too long

Attached: 2018-12-03-173302_1280x1024_scrot.png (1280x1024, 2.48M)

nope. 2 years

5 years

Attached: 2018-12-03-081522_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 1.22.26 PM.png (1440x900, 997K)

Reddit - 10 years

15 minutes tops

Attached: 98.png (1280x800, 1.22M)

>5 years
less than one year actually

>Reddit - 10 years
i've been going to reddit for about 2 years. the stricter rules tend to keep shitposting to a minimum and encourage more helpful discussion. the voting system is lame but you can sort posts by date and disable hiding posts with low scores. i go to reddit for actual discussion and Jow Forums for laughs.

underage

Not a meme, I love haiku.

Attached: screenshot1.png (1280x800, 101K)

Attached: desktop.jpg (3440x1440, 1.59M)

>less than one year actually
damn i was way off

>unironically browses reddit
Jow Forums is dead. I don't even know why I come here anymore. This shit is like seeing your childhood home turned into a ghetto shithole.

Attached: 1530165379026.png (492x534, 230K)

>Then one day mom was gonna clean my room and i cried and begged her not to
What the fuck type of incel chat room are you dwelling in on that damn game user

Guarantee you got here post-2010.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1200, 2.08M)

kys you'll never make a game and your just a virgin that faps to cp on the deepweb you fucking incel loser and no one thinks your cool for having a microsoft xp fucking background idiot
actual poorfag or one of those "look how retro i am guyz" niggers, which one enlighten me
kys weeb incel if your over the age of 18 and watch anime i feel sorry for your parents knowing they raised a fucking failure
another fucking weeb faggot that faps to hentai KYS and also you'll NEVER make that game you want to make
>installed CCBloatware
god help your soul
weeb faggot kys
cringy tumbrina undertale fandom nigger kys
WOAH BRO UR USING LINUX? THAT MEANS UR A HACKER RIGHT! WOAHHHH SO RAD!
ugly fucking apple nigger
cringe
boomer detected kys fucking weirdo go outside or get a job or some shit fucking cringe my god
woah dude, think you could HACK something for me?!?!
having a picture of gaben doesnt make you cool dude, and WOAAAH YOUR CODING! HAD TO PUT THAT CODE IN THERE DINT YA HAHA!! WOAH SUCH A COOL HACKER PROGRAMMER WOAHHHHHH SO SMART!!
cringe boomer

fuck this is draining im done haven't found one based person in this thread so gonna call it a night boys

Attached: 2018-12-04-020554_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

another underage

Attached: muhdesktop.png (1920x1080, 38K)

if Jow Forums had real discussions i wouldn't feel the need to go to reddit. as it stands, Jow Forums "discussions" are nothing but idiots from /v/ shilling for their corporate idols and pretending to be rich or lain fans pretending to be geniuses repeating things they read on someone else's blog.
>not using [my personal choice]
>fell for the [anything i don't like] meme
>t. [someone i feel superior to]
>tfw [something unrelated and unhelpful]
>unironically [anything i don't do or say]
honestly, nobody needs to come here more than once per week to get the full Jow Forums experience. it's mostly underage boys with congenital defects trying to look cool in front of their internet friends.

vector

>WOAH BRO UR USING LINUX? THAT MEANS UR A HACKER RIGHT! WOAHHHH SO RAD!
I just like dark themes and using a bitmap font. you seem upset

> i go to reddit for actual discussion and Jow Forums for laughs.
That's the issue. Stop abusing this website as your dump

it's impossible to have an actual discussion here without spergs shitposting according to a pre-ordained formula to prove they're not redditors or hn transplants for some asinine reason. the hatred and paronoia about reddit has done more to ruin this board than the actual cross-posters from reddit ever could. wasn't there an e.a. poe story about a man who goes mad with paranoia and it turns out the person he was losing his mind over didn't even know who he was? that's Jow Forums in a nutshell.

>reddit

i just switched to lxqt today and man is it comfy

Attached: scr.png (1920x1080, 225K)

imagine being this much of a fucking wintard

how did deerfag get unbanned

what do you mean?

wrong person, i meant to respond to the fag you were responding to

>ban
who do u think ur dealin with

Attached: uuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg (666x666, 71K)

everyone hates you and you use a shit distro
install slack

Shouldn't be hard

Attached: benis.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

no need 2 b rood my dood :(

Attached: :(.png (253x247, 58K)

install slack and youll be cool
theres no reason to use gentoo

>t. can't install gentoo
there's every reason
slackware a shit

this is a bit surreal, I recently decided to freshen up my desktop again like the good old days by using Bliss but I also made my accent color blue.

>eternalfag

rate me faggots

Attached: spec1 p4.png (1152x864, 883K)

ive installed before
i used to use it
slack is better deerfag

Holy shit this thread is filled with neckbeard with superiority complex because they think having linux (ancient fucking OS) makes them better than people keeping up with the times. It's an asinine thought process that's required to think that linux is even OK.

u lie
once u go gentoo
there's nothin else worth into

>>installed CCBloatware
>god help your soul
I don't understand the disdain for CCleaner. It works very well.

i dont have the time of day to compile everything, so i dropped gentoo very quickly
slack is perfect for me

2 days
such a fucking newfag you didn't recognize the lenovo battery utility bloat
based powerpc user, on Jow Forums for 8 years, aged 25
0, theme a shit, 10 years
>elitebook 8470p
based, 10 years
underaged, 1year

Attached: 2018-12-01-191549_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 1.34M)

>0, theme a shit, 10 years
9...close call