What programming language is just perfect in every way?

What programming language is just perfect in every way?

Attached: owoWhatsThis.gif (500x281, 466K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018/#most-loved-dreaded-and-wanted
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

assembly

Batch.

HTML

Lisp

markup

Attached: idris.jpg (634x845, 91K)

Python

no

Fortran

C

C++ - beautiful, can literally be used almost everywhere, fast and easy to learn if your not a retard.

that, and theres some sort of beauty with memory management.

C hinatsu

Attached: 1509816249186.gif (600x337, 734K)

Lisp

all these fucking faggots know nothing
holyC is the way god intended man to program

No.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

C is for Chinatsu

Attached: mpv-shot0902.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

C

Attached: panda_dance.gif (450x450, 476K)

None. You have to sacrifice something to become really good at any area.
I wouldn't use a systems programming language for my web server, I wouldn't use a language made to write applications in to write an OS and I wouldn't use PHP for anything because it's even terrible at the one thing it was made for.

bash scripting

based

Go

fuck yourself.

J U L I A
U
L
I
A

Pure JS

C# is better in every way tho.

Esperanto

Half of the source code is meaningless

COBOL.

SystemVerilog

Attached: 1543155424308.jpg (1024x922, 77K)

based and redpilled

Tell me why should I use Julia instead of MATLAB or Python.
MATLAB has more libraries and id the conventional go-to language for numerical simulations.
Python is where it's at for the whole neural network craze we are going through.
I've seen some smart people write Julia libraries and stuff, but it still feels like a toy language. Also, judging from the youtube videos of Julia conventions, the Julia community seems as faggy as the Python's one.

Attached: Julia.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Jai

>waste of quads
DELET

Literally the most ugliest language ever. I absolutely hate it.

Miss me with that gay shit.

Of course C. Or assembly, if you are brave enough.

ada

In all honesty, TypeScript. The combo of JavaScript's ability to do whatever and a reasonably decent type system makes it a pleasure to use. I've yet to encounter a situation where I felt constrained by the language.

No
No
No

Attached: 1543335592962.jpg (247x223, 14K)

i want to nakadashi chinatsu-chan

Only if you're developing exclusively for Windows.

QuickBasic
>achieved its stated goals simply and perfectly
>fully backwards compatible with multiple BASIC languages
>easy to use IDE/interpreter/compiler
>dynamic debugging support with a debugger included
>supports assembly language routines loaded in memory with a stupid trick
it's perfect

Fortnight

don't listen to the programlets, C is the best

rust is better

I would agree with you, but for one condition that I've yet to understand why the way that C handles strings is better than any other language that has a string type.

Anime posters always say and ask the most inane shit, tied with tripfags. This is proof that the only people who enjoy anime are children and low IQ adults.

None that currently exist, though I would say machine code since you can implement the perfect runtime with it

guile scheme

>homosex is better

Based and redpilled.

>muh obscure hipster language
grow up

>open source cross platform compiler, there's even c# on a fucking nintendo switch
>its only if you develop for windows
uh

>obscure language
insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018/#most-loved-dreaded-and-wanted
yeah alright grandpa

Attached: Screenshot_20181203-175759~2.png (1440x1715, 99K)

>Javascript that loved and wanted
Opinion completely discarded

Java because I'm not an unemployed contrarian wannabee leet faggot

I want to compile Chinatsu Yoshikawa in the whatever!

What about C# :(

No matter how good rust is, the community is equivalent to toxic waste.

Java

Rust comes pretty close, just needs faster compile times.

HTML

not happening probably, the nuts optimizations it does at compile time are what make it so fast

they all are suited for their own purposes, but i would say python is a good all-around language

Vanilla JS

speed

Digits of truth. Ada is the one true language.

you take that back right now, rust is a pile of burning trash

What would you guys want in the perfect programming language?

>support functions, optional line numbers, labels and variable types, so you can learn even further than the other basic languages
>The 2.0 and up can actually create executable files in a pinch
>Complete compatibility from text only monitors to VGA
>Tiny and don't require any sort of system variable or complex setup, it just werks

Code readability above everything else

Lua!

actually that's a fucking lie and it's got a handful of dumb design decisions that seem to have inspired JS and I'm still wondering what goes through someone's head when they think that globals by default, particularly in a language where assignment is declaration, is in any way good design
but it's extremely small, simple, and clean, and the worst thing most people have to complain about it is 1 based arrays because they're brainlets

tables are wonderful
a huge bunch of shit I've had to deal with is just some global parameters about a batch of data and then the data itself, and Lua tables are purpose built for that sort of situation

VB6 probably shouldn't be quite THAT dreaded, fuck.
shit's super easy, and for any small-medium scale project, most of the dumber aspects of the language and environment aren't that bad

glhf if you're doing anything you'd consider "large-scale" in VB though, fucking hell
all of the things that make it easy to get started with will make maintaining your house of cards project into a fucking hell

Attached: lua-tan.jpg (573x892, 112K)

Haskell, everything else is babby shit.

this guy gets it

javascript is the only modern language worth using

t. gnome dev

VHDL, if you like typing.

...a lot of typing.

rip

I use Lua for my Roblox server, handy language to know if you're into gaming and like building your own servers from scratch.

Also I feel like Haskell is top tier simply because of the concepts you pick up as you learn more, once you learn Haskell pretty much everything else flows.

Attached: 1543593666254.png (428x428, 236K)

This

If only it didnt have 1-indexing

perl6

Swift and Vala

Julia's syntax and some of its constructs are just pants on head stupid.

You can't change a variable inside a for loop without changing its scope or doing the let block.
I genuinely don't know who thinks this is a good idea.

The perfect language doesn’t exist. To me, the perfect language is compiled, compiled quickly, has near C levels of performance, has relatively terse syntax and is quick to develop in, and doesn’t get in the programmer’s way (unlike languages like Go). As far as I know a language like this does not currently exist, and I don’t think it ever will.

Lua would be the best scripting language hands down if LuaJIT was still being actively developed and was compatible with the latest version of the language. As it stands it’s just bittersweet to imagine what could have been.

Plus, it’s community libraries are a mess. There are so many that failed to make the switch from 0.6 to 1.0 even with the extended 0.7 version to guide them through it. If you want to be seen as a python competitor, you need to match python’s insane number of libraries.

>year 2018
>people still think c# is ONLY for windows
at this point im sure people just pretending to be retards, there is no way its true

Why would you post a language that was so poorly designed that it has no prospects in any near future for parallelism?

It has everything you could ever need. At least it's not the absolute cluster fuck that is VHDL.

Python

Attached: z5hes5t896y01.png (361x426, 256K)

so python then

I don't want this thread to turn into a Julia hateboner, but I need to get this off my chest.
>How do I do this really basic thing in Julia?
> Okay, I"ll look it up
> Hm. I'll use the code they provided
> It doesn't fucking work
> It's three fucking versions behind
> The newest version deprecated what I needed
Who the fuck think getting rid of logspace is a good idea?

I use C, and python gives AIDS. Almost everytime I use python, I wonder why I'm not using C.

Same problem with rust desu

C# might not only be for Windows, but WPF sure is

Scratch

APL

English. Just tell the computer what ypu want.