Just found out my body converts food into energy somehow

>just found out my body converts food into energy somehow

Why don't we power computers using food?

Attached: u4.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioenergy
singularityhub.com/2010/08/05/robot-with-artificial-gut-eats-waste-for-electrical-power-video/
youtu.be/5Zbsl2FLsIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's more expensive than the alternatives.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioenergy

Americans/Indians dont go to highschool or something

>europoor phoneposter

What a fucking awful chink toon. It started out so another-like and devolved rapidly into a mush of brainlet moeblob entertainment. I could feel my iq drop with each passing episode.

Attached: very_fast_dog_biting_very_fast_mexican.png (640x370, 254K)

Then why don't we power ourselves with DC?

We do.

Attached: download (1).jpg (240x210, 7K)

Based boomer

imagine wasting food for shitposting like OP

How far off are we until Mr Fusions become a real product? Turning garbage into energy.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (775x500, 140K)

Let's go a step further: why don't we just create an organic computer with a digestive system that can convert food into energy directly?

We could do that. Just run a generator with your feet and you'll never need to pay the electric bill again.

Because that's a fucking nightmare

Attached: b3f6228b541f536db9ac525a58395365.png (420x420, 264K)

Christfags.

But then how would our cutepooters go poopie?

easier to do it this way.

Attached: 1543851371955.jpg (675x394, 63K)

Humans don't just need energy, we need building blocks to build and maintain our moving parts. If food were meant to be nothing but energy, we'd just drink pure ethanol.

>just found out
So why did you think you were compelled to eat before? To gain experience points or some shit?

It's more expensive than the alternative

This will end with John dying.

Living species convert food to energy releasing little heat, so they don't damage themselves from excessive heat. Food is a shitty fuel that has low energy density though, so it would be terrible for the production of electricity that is required to machines.
Living species couldn't power themselves with electricity because the production of it would output too much heat and would damage their bodies.

Attached: BF498C82F9D9457AB7F06D20717E3514.png (800x769, 126K)

Probably already exists but there is no way to make it profitable so nobody will market it to you
Like most things. Also "they" kill people who make things like this and the water engine

How do I get an anime gf like that

Biocomputing is a real thing that is being researched as an alternative to quantum computing

Trying to convert the minimal amount of energy from food into energy needed to power something as energy consuming as a smartphone or computer is literally retarded.

Can you imagine the cost of food if that were the case? I'd actually feel compelled to eat more than enough to get by.

It's less that it's destructive and more that sustained electrical output is difficult to create.

Good question.

Attached: pcjun.jpg (450x455, 38K)

You'll be glad to know someone has tried, and it's fucking disgusting. Not exactly food, but ... singularityhub.com/2010/08/05/robot-with-artificial-gut-eats-waste-for-electrical-power-video/

Because human brains are mainly powered by sugar, good luck making a CPU that works on sugar. Humans are also much more energy efficient than CPUs, human level general intelligence is unmatched by huge server clusters yet the human brain only consumes about 20 watts of energy. Biology in general is so much more energy efficient than human made machinery is it's incredible, people like think our tech is advanced but it's like rubbing two sticks together to create fire compared the stuff that exists in the natural world.

And it only took millions of years and several extinction level events. Progress!

>current state of attention whoring anime pedo scum: the post
Cringe

Human brains are not comparable to CPUs though. The energy needed to run enough transistors to emulate a human brain would take the equivalent of a city's worth of power. That's not just about efficiency to accomplish a task, it's different architecture at a base level for systems made to accomplish different tasks.
Billions

Attached: FO01_NPC_Master_B.png (803x414, 491K)

So the solution is to take human brains and build even better computers. The technology is already there, we just have to harness it

rather than going through the difficulty of maintaining a synthetic digestive system, we can simply skip to the source of power itself through electro-magnetic generators.
If you want to be one of those weird deviants with a homemade biogenerator, go ahead.
But I'm assuming since you just realized our bodies convert food into energy, you must be a middle-schooler of some sort.
>anime image also checks out

Do you want your computer to fart and take massive shits while working?

Yeah me neither

Attached: 1526417697109.png (600x843, 773K)

dumb kotoura poster

First, You must get a 737 full of passengers...

you can't because people can't read minds

>t. eddison

cmon user, it's a cute anime, sing it with me

yu-ri yu-ra yu-rara yuri yuri

redpilled and cutepilled

Attached: supreme.jpg (235x195, 13K)

I lol'd

The OP proves that show is for low IQ brainlets

Only brain-wise. Muscles are only up to 5% efficient. Plus the body is continuously using about 100 watt of power just to keep itself alive, making for terrible overall efficiency. Not to mention poor digestive tract efficiency at absorbing nutrients.

Electric is the shit, up to 80% total system efficiency. Just wait until better computers are invented, they'll run on less power than brains, too.

10/10 movie

Attached: John_dies_at_the_end_poster.jpg (250x370, 47K)

>tfw no braphog server rack

There is absolutely nothing wrong with moeblob

>yu-ri yu-ra yu-rara yuri yuri
Are you a fucking idiot? Wrong show.

>Why don't we power computers using food?
Because we have machines which can transform materials, significantly less valuable then food, into energy.

I really don't feel like cleaning my computer's literal shit

dont you want to take care of your baby user? he needs a new diaper soon.

Depends if I can make it Jow Forums or not. Does that count as overclocking in this case?

And then add legs.

Our bodies process glucose which is then dissolved into our blood as fuel
It's possible to leave glucose in a reaction that will yield fuel- bioenergy that's able to be used in a generator for powering computers too

Because we don't have any CPUs powered by ATP yet

Food is just a energy storage for energy from the sun. Just buy a solar panel and leave the middle man out of the equation. Less conversion, less wasted energy.

American schools don't do any actual educating. They're just brainwashing and sometimes FBI death camps.

unironically true pic

What happen to her computer??

Anaerobic digestion, generate Biogas, burn it to drive alternators.

Too expensive. It wouldn't cost $50/yr to run a PC anymore.

That's not Akarin, dumb weeb, it's Kotoura-san.

You won't get me singing a anime tune

orange a shit btw

So our body can parse all the bullshit we put into it, determine exactly how to break everything down and what to do with the molecular remains and how to distribute everything, what to excrete, build and maintain itself perfectly, pretty crazy desu

Attached: 1543642968087.png (800x937, 29K)

Fuck you.

t. boomer

DA I JI KE N

youtu.be/5Zbsl2FLsIg

>they kill people who break the laws of thermodynamics
A very low effort society, I guess their funding requirements are very low.

It's had billions of years to get that shit right.

See the body as like a code project. The first release basically was just a proof of concept, and then more and more features got added. Like how you go from DOS to the massive bloated mess that is windows 10 in just a few years. Ignoring that windows 10 is a bloated mess for a second, it does way more shit. It can sort out so many electrical signals that it's outstanding in that kind of way. Now throw a billion years of MS development onto windows.

Ignoring the monkey typewriters effect of microsoft as this is just an analogy, the point being that it started small and built up all this functionality over a long time.