Microsoft will ditch edge and replace it with their own chromium-based browser codename Anaheim

>microsoft will ditch edge and replace it with their own chromium-based browser codename Anaheim
>one less rendering engine
Well, Jow Forums ?

Attached: 1343855547313.jpg (331x314, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windowscentral.com/microsoft-building-chromium-powered-web-browser-windows-10
onmsft.com/news/microsoft-is-looking-to-replace-its-new-edge-browser-with-a-newer-chromium-inspired-one
blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2018/12/04/announcing-open-source-of-wpf-windows-forms-and-winui-at-microsoft-connect-2018/
channel9.msdn.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=eELI2J-CpZg&t=2203s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Because of this, I'm told that Microsoft is throwing in the towel with EdgeHTML and is instead building a new web browser powered by Chromium
>I'm told that

Attached: 1379293881093.jpg (543x522, 143K)

i don't think anyone will give a shit
edge is insignificant enough anyway that nobody i know even tested on it

Good, Edge is shit and the less different standards we have the better.

no one cares, internet explorer PTSD is too strong to go back to use a microsoft browser.
windows spying on its users is another thing driving people away from microsoft
they should try again in a couple of decades

>>microsoft will ditch edge and replace it with their own chromium-based browser codename Anaheim
source? this is bad news.

windowscentral.com/microsoft-building-chromium-powered-web-browser-windows-10

The ultimate MS shill website. I doubt they're wrong, they were even given the codename.

Why can't they just improve Edge to be more add-on friendly? I just don't get it.

>windows spying on its users is another thing driving people away from microsoft
haha no 99% of people don't care

Nothing of value will be lost

well this sucks for me because I started using edge when chrome kept fucking up websites

This sucks. I don't use any Microsoft products, but having one option less (and giving more power to Google) is always bad.

Is the rendering engine the actual problem with Edge? Something tells me the problem lies somewhere else.

I honestly think if they renamed edge and gave it a totally different icon that didn't resemble IE so much it would take off.

>t. communist

inb4 Mozilla does the same thing.

Attached: 1493187744985.jpg (600x238, 18K)

yeah, Modzilla is going to throw their codebase into the garbage for a chromium based browser.
are you fucking retarded or what?
microsoft is only doing this because they have NEVER made a single browser from the ground up that is worth a shit. and they know that.

surf for 4shit
wget + w3m for the rest of the internet
newsboat + mpv + youtube-dl for videos
why the fuck are you even using a (((browser)))

It was mostly a shitpost, but they basically already abandoned everything that made Firefox truly different from Chrome, and the company is run (into the ground) by bluehairs. I could see them actually doing it in 5-10 years time.

because what you mention isn't convenient. it's a pain in the ass to navigate with w3m on modern websites. it's great for older websites and simple pages with mostly text. also because i don't give a shit about not being 31337 because i use firefox like a normal person.

>(((browser)))

what "modern" websites are even worth navigating?

Kill me, Pete

Attached: Untitled.png (639x842, 183K)

It's really over.
>[] == {}

>Good, Edge is shit and the less different standards we have the better.
Where have I heard this one before? Oh yeah, circa IE6. Turned out great when it happened then too, huh collectivist?

>2018
>there are still people that use google powered data mining botnets instead of faster secure and fingerprinting resistant Firefox

ok this site is doomed. no wonder hiro makes so Mich money just embeds Google captcha and ads and since all of those idiots use Google powered browsers it is the easiest job ever to create sociodemograhic profiles of you idiots

onmsft.com/news/microsoft-is-looking-to-replace-its-new-edge-browser-with-a-newer-chromium-inspired-one

firefox isn't panacea either

>Firefox
many of us does not want to support sjw-infested organizations like mozilla. i'm enjoying watching firefox die.

Attached: 900px-Usage_share_of_web_browsers_(Source_StatCounter).svg.png (900x900, 94K)

Please don't "shitpost" on Jow Forums.

Yeah okay bro. This board is a full on joke, give it a rest.

>>>/global/rules/6
Conduct yourself better. Why be disrespectful to other members of the board?

right let's give random companies all of my personal data because I don't like the opinion of some maggot working at someone. Fyi if you disable all telemetry and use Firefox it is literally like back in the day when you leeched your torrents with 0.0001kb/s up rate.

the only people using your argument are either paid shills or retards.

also if Mozilla is full of sjw a then Google and Microsoft have to be literal hell to you. yet you still are here using one of their browsers.ducking underage faggpt

Tell that to the various retarded generals and endless AMD/Intel/Nvidia shill threads. This board is a dumpster, and my original post was just a bit of humor. Get in the shower for once and wash the sand out of your vagina.
Also
>Arguing with trips
inb4 "muh global rule 3". Get fucked.

Truly I wonder where you people come from and why you wish to disrupt our little community.

Yeah, kinda lame. I don't like edge and it has too many small issues and holes in API coverage, but i was really hoping they would continue to fix it up and we'd end up with a 3rd decent browser engine.

>EdgeHTML

what the actual fuck even is that

I've configured Edge for enterprises for two years and never even heard of this

Why is Electron so bad?

I'm playing with some of these apps written in it and it seems to be pretty fucking performant

Beaker, Insomnia, Kap, WebTorrent, VSCode. They all work pretty damn well.

Attached: 1541851564597.gif (500x500, 1.94M)

it's over

Attached: 1400105163769.gif (250x188, 1.85M)

I don't know the other apps but VSCode is only kinda-fast because MS have optimized the shit out of it, including native code.
I really like HTML & the DOM as a markup lang/gui builder, so i use electron, but really it's dogshit slow and uses a heap of ram. If i could code crossplatform html/dom GUIs with the performance of my old winapi apps i'd be pretty stoked.

marketing and pr is everything, sadly.

This is an eternal victory for them. We will never have anything go our way ever again, and this news just sealed our fate. We can no longer fight back. It's over. I'm unironically planning on killing myself soon, it''s just so fucking hopeless. Does anyone have any suicide tips so we can escape from this nightmare?

This just goes to show, bad code is truly like cancer. People start building on it and irresponsibly adding it as a dependency, and eventually, removing it is like chopping off an enormous tumor. It's an operation so severe that a lot of companies won't live through it.

Fuck electron, and fuck text rendering eating up 1GB+ of RAM; fuck every person who helped JS gain popularity.

We need to build a new internet, some language sitting on top of HTML5

Hipsters latch on to new languages so we need to build a new "virus" that actually doesn't suck that people will adopt.

I come from the year 2008, faggot. This fucking place raised me and I can never escape. I hope to god you're either new or trolling, because naivety is absolutely radiating off you.
If you really want a community where nobody is allowed to have fun then go to >>>/reddit/. They love busybody bitches like you who go around and police others for the cardinal sin of 'avin a giggle.

>Electron us murdering both macOS and Windows.
Good.

Nobody from 2008 would care about veterancy or identity in this place, so I doubt it.

>Electron apps, whose duplication is becoming a significant performance drain
>Electron is a cancer murdering both macOS and Windows as it proliferates
Whoever could have seen this coming.

Attached: 948.jpg (500x349, 90K)

>oldfag, n.: attested since 2005

>they have NEVER made a single browser from the ground up
ftfy

Attached: 63759-348-276.png (348x276, 6K)

>IE/Edge finally dead

Attached: NPC.gif (478x318, 121K)

micaelsoft is pitiful in 2018

ugh!

fuck off shill, being able to choose whether I send every page I visit to google is fucking awesome, or have you never opened your google activity

> visted pol
> visited jidf.com
> visited libcom.org
> checked bank account.

RARE ELDER

>women and humanities fags want in on the tech biz
>throw tantrums until they get in
>they all become front-end JS programmers
>companies desperately need help on backend
>retards can't learn C or C++ or fucking Java
>dumbfucks accommodate them with shit like node and electron
>now we need 8GB minimum for browsing the web and editing text
>simple websites require massive compute and memory
>nothing can be secured
>bonus round:they can't figure out RDBMS either
>everything is now stored in a flat file
>data integrity doesn't exist anymore
I want out of this hellish timeline

Attached: 1541113443282.gif (317x317, 79K)

I majored in humanities (albeit philosophy which is closer to CS than most). I only really program in C. Never understood why the CS programs emphasize advanced calculus

Like wasm, add some more features until html isn't needed, add some encryption for security, add the ability to load directly without a html wrapper, then depreciate html. Encrypted binary blob cloud apps, lol.

maybe on your gay mur pc

now that edge is kill, what redpilled browser should i use on Windows 10? cuckfox not an option

>Microsoft fires half the staff working on windows
>first the updates start deleting user files
>then they abandon their browser
Not too long until windows just becomes Linux+WINE+M$ proprietary components.

Name five good apps that arent VSCode and Slack.

>Beaker
who?
>Insomnia
who?
>Kap
who?
>WebTorrent
shit codec support, making it nearly useless
>VSCode.
ahaha

>Electron is a cancer murdering both macOS and Windows
weebdevs finally of some use

Im not ok with the kids just doing anything on js.
Kids should be educated so the future can be bright, not be left alone and anihilate all form of quality just because of lazyness.

The engine lmao

Swift didn't note linux because of the memes, but it is also killing linux.

The problem with electron largely is it never had the resources to actually optimize per system stack. MS's backing means we could finally get electron apps that aren't 6GB each.

>windows spying on me so i use google chrome
This sound like a joke but it's not. Normie on fucking facebook and youtube complain about Windows 10 botnets all the times

>Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI at Microsoft Connect(); 2018
blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2018/12/04/announcing-open-source-of-wpf-windows-forms-and-winui-at-microsoft-connect-2018/

>Windows Forms, WPF and WinUI
>Now exclusively as ElectronJS GUI componens

Remembah DHTML

channel9.msdn.com/
>kubernetes
>kubernetes
>kubernetes
They went full cloud.

This makes me remember in one of last year's connect demos presenter had to use chrome instead of edge for an azure feature

youtube.com/watch?v=eELI2J-CpZg&t=2203s

Dallas. Su-lad.

i use brave, you dumb assumption-loving nigger.

is electronjs basically for building "desktop" applications that run in your browser? eg: the browser is like the java vm, so it's cross-platform?

Will edge will be collected for statistics under the new browser or will all this go under chromium?

well Congratulations you arw the reason why browser fingerprinting won't die.

go ahead, keep changing your argument.

(((Anaheim)))

isn't edge webkit already ? what's the point ?

Edge is using EdgeHtml and chakra for JS. They're decent pieces of software, but I'm afraid IE's reputation made it a failure from the start, also there were some bugs at release and no extension (came later).

Some will argue the less engines the best, but I don't think like that. I still can't cope with presto being abandonned.

Will this come out with windows 10 1903 release this april?

why not win32? :^)

Because when you move beyond code monkey work you generally need a solid grounding in mathematics. Like if you're doing ML/AI, any kind of statistics or data science, image and signal processing, or if you move into EE work. CS programs shouldn't be vocational education.

Seeing as RS5 will never be released, that's a good bet.

No clue how they're actually going to do that though as the Edge/IE engine is rooted in the OS itself, meaning if you remove it, it'll break a fuckton of shit.

Knowing them it'll be some goofy shit where Trident is still around and used for various things, while Edge is used as a wrapper for Chromium.

The engine is already done. It shouldn't take more than a month or two to complete this project.

Find out when they push it to Fast Ring

IE/Edge engine if removed breaks windows update, search, windows activation, and a handful of other shit that makes windows actually function.

The backend shit you're complaining about has nothing to do with huge bloated websites. Or seperate operating systems browsers have become.

Node is still wierd, js is an odd language I'd rather avoid and I don't know why used ever use a language with only one thread on a server?

They'll update all that to work with the new browser. They won't be getting rid of IE.

Attached: 12345.jpg (373x500, 127K)

>reminder from microsoft
>user is sitting at a CRT iMac

Once you move beyond basic shit, it is nearly a requirement if you want to do your work effectively. The field is shit because we have shit coders who don't know any theory gerry rigging enterprise systems. Its so fucking sad and being in IT everyone bitches about how slow their machines are. Half the reason is everyone and their mom wants an electron app. Soon we will need to do a RAM upgrade for the entire center to 16gb. Makes me beyond livid man.

And they'll still make Bing the default search engine, and people will still continue to install Chrome.

I estimate around three months after initial release of Microsoft's new browser Firefox will switch too.

I think Edge is completely separate, LTSB doesn't come with Edge.

People will still shill against it without knowing anything about it except Microsoft, that's why its going to switch.

They're pushing PWAs pretty hard, to the point that Lite will only run them.

>Why be disrespectful to other members of the board?
Usually because their huge nigger faggots and have it coming.

Attached: 1516260454304.png (628x648, 298K)

Literally and immediately kill yourself.

I won't.

Calm down friends, Electron will eventually spill into the mobile sector and will need to become less bloated.

>stops at 2015
Wrong.

Java servers take 10x more memory than equivalent node servers and nobody in their right fucking mind is writing servers in C and C++. C# has some limited applications. Python and Go have more applications.

One less engine to have to polyfill ES6 and other features Chrom* and Firefox implemented years ago.