Where were you when Javascript conquered every ecosystem under the sun?

Where were you when Javascript conquered every ecosystem under the sun?

Attached: Untitled.png (639x842, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/electron/electron/issues/6437
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I am not sure where I was in the early 2000s OP

Neat

Early 2000s was the Java era

Just as the internet has killed brick and mortar stores, JavaScript is killing desktop applications.

> "Java will run everything in the future dude, nothing but Java will exist native is DEAD"

mhm

It's about time we surrendered to (((them))). There is literally nothing we can do to fight back. We have officially lost, forever.

The fun start when they build their empire on top of JS and any kid with an Atari portable computer can bring the whole shit down.

Keep living in fantasy land. We're fucking doomed, end everyone on this board will soon realize that.
Say it with me now: They fucking won.

>any kid with an Atari portable computer can bring the whole shit down.
That's not how this works kid. These people are forward thinking as fuck, and will protect their shit with uncrackable DRMs.

They will hire denuvo to protect the banks?

you could always embed IE/gecko and it ran fine, dunno why the retardation happened after chrome

underage

Electron apps won't even run when you're not connected to a network.

Wat.
U stupid or stupid my friend

So javascript became java, at least the language isn't like java. I can go on another year without killing myself.

Just another reason never to touch that pile of shit.

>This is the end of desktop applications. There's nowhere but JavaScript.
This is a remarkably good apocalyptic quote

github.com/electron/electron/issues/6437

Still happening with my copy of vscode

No

Linux prefers true webuis with daemons you can run remotely to shitty localhost only electron wrappers.

I know nothing about this issue but I'm just going to come out and say:
t. wincuck

(more importantly, vscode? Really?)

I guess that just leaves Firefox and Safari. Either way, I don’t think native applications will completely disappear any time soon since they have a way better user experience than Electron apps.

They should. If it requires an internet connection it’s just badly programmed.

>end of desktop applications
Not while your shit web app pretending to be a real app is sucking 90% of my CPU and battery sweetie.

Also: I'm convinced now that high level languages were a mistake. If you can't code in C, you shouldn't be coding at all.

I hate Javascript so much!
It has a terrible syntax, is totally messy and doesn't have important features like C/C++ extensions with the ability to use inline asm like Python.

I'm still waiting for serious JS game engine to run AAA games. C/C++ is still the way to develop a project based on performance

>We could have made Lisp machines.
>Humanity is making JavaScript machines instead.
I am not sure that we're all going to make it, bros.

What did you mean by that?

why are Elves so shit at their job? can't even take notes in a reasonable manner

We can still reverse this tide, have faith. We need a great tech recession to sweep the shit cunts out of the industry.

WAKE ME UP

Attached: ohno.jpg (332x332, 21K)

I've been thinking of what it would take to kill Javascript and other non-native "web" languages. JS and friends are mostly proliferated by current and former Silicon Valley progressives who came out of the post-dotcom era from last decade. Think people who were originally baristas at Starcucks or worked retail at the Gap with their liberal arts degrees, and became absolutely butthurt when they learned how much programmers were making. They felt they were entitled to that kind of income, that they deserved it all as well. So they started to get into things like Ruby, Javascript, making websites as a side job. The end result is Electron, Rust, CoCs and everything wrong with computing today.

To derail it permanently, we must appeal to their naive sensibilities and culture of shame.

Here's how to do it. Build up a marketing / public relations campaign accusing Javascript pushers of contributing to global warming. With semiconductors now approaching their limits in terms of power density and efficiency at the 5-7nm process nodes, the only way for computing to be more efficient is for the software to become more efficient. That means native code everywhere. Once we get some Commifornian politicians to figure out that they can tax Javascript, it'll be all downhill for us.

Ah, such naive simplicity.

>work in industrial automation
>JS is a side toy we give some of our customers occasionally
>systems software research is not dead, fuck off Pike
>OS R&D is alive and well
>entire ivory-tower codebases of MISRA compliant ANSI C
Don't worry anons, we're not dead yet.

Attached: 1542100415583.jpg (262x206, 9K)

>blah blah blah I'm a dumb attention whoring anime pedo scum
Cringe

what a joke, javascript apps are the absolute worst thing ever created.

>slow
>resource drain
>buggy
>massive dependency trees
>dumb language

anime pedo scum website

That would imply Rust is poorly designed. I'll admit, it's rough around the edges, but the borrow checker is conceptually sound, and as the first real-world attempt at multiple daring ideas (borrow checker, explicit lifetimes, etc), Rust is undeniably pretty fucking impressive. Apparently the new borrow checker is supposed to be more flexible without breaking any of the rules that govern the current one, so I'm sitting back and waiting until that goes stable.
I am strongly against that coders covenant or whatever, but that's because it's an attack on equity disguised as a CoC. I'm all in favor of community guidelines, and of course project administrators must be able to act upon those guidelines when appropriate, but the new thing being pushed goes further than that, putting moral authority in the hands of moderators. The political undertones are undeniable, I'll give you that.

Is that you Jim? How's it going? Apologies if it's not you.

We live in interesting timeline. Soon your business will be able to take advantage over competition just by being faster(aka not using fucking electron/node/JS, not wasting computing power and electricity). Building your enterprise using JS is a grave mistake.
>but muh computer power, throw more watts at it
This way you actively contributing to climate change dooming all of us.

C is a high level language.

You idiots really don't get it. Performance on Javascript is at a 'good enough' standard for most devices Chad and Stacy are using. Client side applications won't be doing the heavy lifting, they're just going to be asking for/streaming data from some service running in the cloud where all the heavy processing is done. There's a time and place for using languages like C but the reality is that for most problems these days it's simply not required. The direction of computing has been shifting for quite a while now, and it's likely to keep moving away from using languages like C. For most problems, anyway. I know someone is already offended that I would say such a thing about C.

Nice, so it will take 10 minutes for an electron based office to save/load a file. Lmao, Javascript fags are delusional as fuck.

vscode is fucking based software, if you disable the telemetry botnet. Microsofts other electron app, MS Teams, is an abortion though.

Of course, though the vast majority of stuff being apps being created are LOB/CRUD type business crap that can be entirely web and/or electron based. It's not pretty but it's RAD.

Yea but that's not an excuse for using the dumpster fire that is JS for quite literally absolutely everything

V8 makes things to fast as fuck, and NodeJS has very performant I/O handling capabilities

>Where were you when Javascript conquered every ecosystem under the sun?
helping it happen

Attached: 1514444422376.gif (400x225, 346K)

JS is worse than Java

It doesn't make things faster than C/C++. I doubt it's faster than stuff like Nim that compiles to C. And since the argument is that performance is "good enough" for the modern ecosystem of thin clients communicating with SaaS backends, the performance of things like Python, Haskell, or your favourite memelang like Crystal is likely good enough as well.

So it's STILL not an argument for using the dumpster fire that is JS in quite literally absolutely everything.

>the performance of things like Python, Haskell, or your favourite memelang like Crystal is likely good enough as well.
go sit in the corner and think hard about why Electron metastasized while "superior" memelangs never gained traction among client-side apps (hint: it has nothing to do with their technical merits)

Attached: only js works on all three.jpg (716x427, 48K)

The creator of Javascript is an extreme homophobe that was forced to resign from Mozilla for giving money to an anti gay marriage campaign.
The JS basedboys still don't care and are still using JS.

I never questioned why it happened. I'm saying it's inexcusable that it did

All of the people who were good at making user interfaces for the last 15 years were using HTML/CSS/JS - you have to have an interface that's similar to that so their talents are relevant.

I think WASM and transpiling might be good enough to avoid use of JS the language, but everything else is non-negotiable.

kek

> microshit is so desperate to drop unmaintainable legacy win32 shit they're literally on their knees ready to suck google's dick
> its over bois

Attached: 1539639764555.png (3000x3000, 945K)

Anyone using electron needs to kill themselves

Go back to cripplechan.

>t. Kike mossad shill

Attached: 1540184921612 (1).jpg (1024x512, 122K)

>tfw I started programming in 2008, and everyone was working towards scrapping Javascript, or using it unless strictly necessary web pages because it was slow piece of shit and compatibility was horrendous.
>tfw HTML5 and CSS3 started to take form and everybody was "awesome! now we can ditch even more javascript and do most of it in pure HTML and CSS, everybody wins!"
>tfw front-end programming in 2018

What the fuck happened?

same >or using it unless strictly necessary web pages
>or avoid using it unless strictly necessary in web pages
Derp, posted too soon.

Tbh I'm not really afraid of electron gaining popularity because I only use a few GUI programs and none of them are likely to switch to it any time soon. Still, I hate it.

now you only need to hire JS programmers code artisans

Attached: 1543931060626s.jpg (250x187, 4K)

Enjoy 4Gb ram memleak

>compatibility was horrendous
Absolutely nothing to do with JS specifically. You can thank the garbage browser DOM APIs for that.

This, its literally headed towards encrypted binary blob apps.

html5 and css turned out to be putrid shit

holy shit everyone is going absolutely full retard mode these days they really want to start building gui on top of fucking hungry browser engine

there is no hope

HTML5 rid us of the garbage that was flash and improvements to CSS made getting things done in a sane way possible.

>Absolutely nothing to do with JS specifically
You are partly right, the standard was clumsy, but it was mostly browser vendors who all wanted to do their own shit and either didnt want to talk and make agreements and were too slow to update their browsers.
Nigger what are you smoking? It was a fucking godsend and was the final nail in the coffin for Flash.

>HTML5 rid us of the garbage that was flash
kys faggit flash was great

>kill flash
>replace with JS

Attached: __flandre_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_yoruny__5a3e8f54b943ee3e9902cd741fde8895.jpg (1280x914, 177K)

>proprietary
>increases attack surface
>adds another method of tracking users through flash cookies
kys nostalgiatard

JScript is a great example of the power of marketing. Marketing is the only fucking reason this shit is being used, simply because it's a known name.
Don't worry though, Python will kill JS soon enough.

>kill flash
>replace it with unity
God dammit newgrounds

Attached: 1465784620694.jpg (604x453, 73K)

>kys faggit flash was great
You must be 18+ to be allowed to post here
We almost killed JS as well, but the world wouldn't allow it.

>Where were you
In my basement. I know it because I'm always in my basement.

You mean php 8 ?

So now that literally everyone on this board has taken the blackpill on this issue, what the fuck is there to do. We literally can not win anymore and everyone knows it. The only two options are to conform or suicide. That's it. We must surrender the fight against tech kikes and rot away with dignity.

>if you disable the telemetry botnet
Which you can't, unless you install vscodium, in which case you can only hope that the fork team knows exactly how to disable it.

I do everything on emacs, explain to me why I would care about what the plebians use.

>he's not using w3m

Attached: 58e.jpg (1024x576, 43K)

>Caring about some ShareBlue shill

What are you on about? Have you tried google docs? There are IDE's running in browser already, you are delusional, there are UI design tools like Figma that are replacing Sketch on Apple devices, don't you get it? Its not radically fast transition, but its happening, and more and more things will work in web. I am the one helping it make happen, in ya face

>not using a coffee lake & win 7

Exactly, interface is becoming more and more relevant, and turns out JS can do it just fine

Gas them all.

How do we stop the militant IoT/cloudfags from removing consumer ownership of property

Attached: apu.png (821x869, 36K)

BLOW IT UP

Attached: mad stan.jpg (962x720, 67K)

>The only two options are to conform or suicide
There's always option 3, leave and don't be a part of it. You don't need to be a part of what everyone else is doing if you don't want to.

All you can do is stop mindlessly consuming and get those close to you to do so as well.

Attached: gno.png (1000x669, 950K)

Hmm. You're right op. We're about to move from 100.0% Java applications to 100.0% Javascript applications.

Java(script)

the creator of javascript was a retard that shat out the first version of ECMAscript in 10 days on a dare with some suits

Javascript doesnt even have real fucking number types. Why is this shitty language destroying the world?!

> newfags year after year trying to get anime off of Jow Forums not knowing its a Chinese cartoon site
the absolute state of roody poos these days

non-tech-savvy here

is JS really that bad or is this just another case of Jow Forums hating on popular things and liking obscure stuff to feel special?

This.

It’s quite literally made in 10 days

Jerking off at home.

JavsScript will be mostly dead in 5-10 years thanks to Webassembly.